*34*

"Salaar continued to be Salaar serving justice in a way that's not legally right but morally justified," he added, "and Rudra is now famous all over the country. Not to mention Rocky's gold that helped them get the MLA into position of power. With the good, bad, and power all by his side....there is nothing that could stop Salaar and with Salaar by her side, there is nothing that could stop Amira."

"Seriously bhabhi," he added, "Your daughter could commit the most horrible crime and Salaar would still say she is a kid, but guess what....with Haseena around...I don't think either of them would go down the wrong path."

"That's sweet," smiled Reena.

"What about the math champs?" asked Raj, "Did Amira win it?"

"Really?" said Vikram, "That's your concern? God, you are such a nerd."

"That's..." Raj looked at Reena with sad eyes, "that's a valid question."

"That's a valid question," Reena and Rocky said simultaneously.

"And I thought Amira is the one who is overly pampered," Vikram whispered to himself. "I don't know," he said, "My soul rested in peace after the speech."

"Hey," their conversation was interrupted by a familiar voice. It was Rajkesh. Raj immediately hid behind Reena and Rocky aggressively stood up in defence.

"I don't want any trouble," said Rajkesh, "I am only here to apologize."

Rocky relaxed a little. "I am sorry Raj," said Rajkesh, "You have nothing to do with any of this and I shouldn't have killed you."

Raj stepped a little forward.

"It felt right at the moment but I fould out how wrong I was only after realizing that my wife is pregnant and I would never be able to see my child. Your parents didn't deserve it and I am truly sorry. I've been to hell for it, literally, and I will never be able to forgive myself for what I've done to you."

"Good," said Raj, "You shouldn't."

Rajkesh nodded. "I saw your brother in hell," he told Khasim, "Your daughter killed him so I thought maybe we could bond over common enemies but after finding out what he did I punched him in the face."

Khasim smiled.

"This is for you," he told Raj and left after leaving a news paper on the table.

On earth the same news is being telecasted on the TV.

"History has repeated itself after 15 years. India has finally won the math champs international again and what's interesting is that the 2023 winner Amira Khasim Quereshi also known as Amira Krishnappa Bhairya  happens to be the adopted daughter of  the 2007 winner Farmaan Quereshi, popularly known by his alternative name Rudra."

"What's with the two names you may ask? Farmaan is born into a hindu muslim family and has two different names to honour both the sides and the same tradition has been passed onto his daughter and that only makes this victory a lot more special. We pass on our wishes and blessings to their family and thank them for their contribution to the nation."

The mine workers, who now have houses of their own cheered as they watched the news together in the common compund. This includes Sebastian's sister who now is going back to school. At one corner was Meeramma who barely reacted. Sebastian noticed her and sat beside her.

He gave her some orange juice. "Rajkesh's death was necessary, Meeramma" he said, "If not none of this would've been possible."

"Maybe," said Meeramma, "But I think I retain my right to cry."

*********** SEQUEL ALERT *************

To know what happened inbetween please check out the sequel

SALAAR - The family man

After completing the story, just wanted to have a little feedback session if you don't mind :)

What's your favorite scene in the entire book?

Do you feel that any aspects are being left out?

Is there any underrated character in your opinion?

Is there any over rated character in your opinion?

Which character, in your opinion has a drastic character arc?

Also have you noticed some of the parellels in the story? If so where?

Any other feedback and comments are welcome :)