*25*

"How long does it take to change your clothes Haseena Khasim?" Salaar asked bored and frustrated.

"Give me a minute," Haseena shouted from the bedroom.

"Been hearing that for...." Salaar stopped when he heard the door unlock. "Finally," he signed and turned back and the moment he saw her, all his frustration evaporated into thin air.

Haseena was wearing a shiny black saree with her hair open.

"Don't say a word," Haseena said while Salaar started at her in admiration, "I know it's too glittery...I know I look like a kid's science project and...."

"Are you kidding me?" Salaar said still mesmerized, "You look so gorgeous that my eyes refuse to look in any other direction."

"What?" Haseena asked in a low voice genuinely surprised.

"I mean...uh...the glitter...it's reflecting in...all directions" Salaar said awkwardly, "We are getting late..."

"Yeah...yeah..." Haseena said, "We should leave..."

*************************

"Can I sit here," Amira asked Sebastian while he was having lunch.

"Sure," said Sebastian and moved a little.

"I...uh...I am sorry," said Amira after a while, "You were right....I shouldn't be complaining when there are people who had it worse."

"No," Sebastian shook his head, "Actually....I am sorry....whether you are 10 feet deep or 100 feet, you are still drowning and I shouldn't have been jealous of you and you have every right to feel sad about your life."

"That's very nice of you to say," smiled Amira.

"I..uh...gotta head back to work," said Sebastian, "but I am curious....so in one sentence, what's bothering you?"

Amira signed.

"I feel betrayed by everyone," she said, "I had a wonderful life and all of a sudden realized it's all a lie."

"If it's a beautiful lie, I think you will be happier if you continue to believe that it's the truth," said Sebastian.

"But my reality is totally different," said Amira.

"You can't say that when you are amongst people who think that some random girl is going to come save them," said Sebastian, "while the truth is no one fucking cares."

Amira fell silent, slightly guilty that she's let down everyone.

"Some lies give hope and are just worth holding onto," Sebastian smiled and left while Amira continued to think. Is the lie of her being the savior worth holding onto?

**************

"Is this how you are planning to kill me?" Salaar said holdnig his head outside the car.

"I need a moment to adjust my saree," said Haseena from inside.

"Your saree is fine," said Salaar frustrated, "It needs no adjustments."

"Of course you would know that," said Haseena, "You are the expert!"

"My mother used to wear sarees and she literally gets ready in 5 minutes," countered Salaar.

"Maybe it's because she has a very annoying child who wouldn't give her a moment of peace," said Haseena as she stepped out of the car.

"And you look exactly the way looked before you stepped in," Salaar smiled sarcastically when he saw Haseena. Haseena rolled her eyes and they both entered the house.