*2*

* The next day *

Haseena woke up to sirens and chaos on the streets. She went outside to find a dead body hung on the current pole across the street. It was Jhonny's. There were slashes all across the body and the word 'Salaar' was written on his chest. Haseena couldn't believe her eyes and stood there in absolute bewilderement.

Meanwhile the ACP got down from the car and CI Vikram went to salute him. The ACP quinched his eyes to avoide the sun rays and looked up at the dead body.

"SALAAR" he read out loud.

"Sir, this is probably one of the most brutal murders done by Salaar," Vikram explained, "and what's interesting is the dead man is an ordinary street goon.He is way below Salaar's line of rivalry which makes me think...."

"Don't think," interrupted the ACP, "Close the case. You have no evidence."

"Wrong sir. There's plenty of evidence," said Vikram.

"The last officer who said this is still missing," said the ACP, "Do you want to be the next one?"

"I am not afraid of Salaar, sir," said Vikram, "and I think this case is something personal and unusual for him. If we dig more, we might even be able to reach someone who is probably close to him and even the greatest men bow down infront of the people they love."

"Salaar loves no one except for himself," said the ACP and lazily walked back to his jeep.

Vikram shook his head in disappointment when a constable walked towards him. "Sir, Jhonny was last seen chasing a girl named Amira," he said pointing to Amira's house, "She lives over there."

From a distance Haseena observed as the constable pointed towards their house and Vikram walked towards her along with him.

"Hi mam," he greeted politely, "I am CI Vikram."

"Hi sir," greeted Haseena, "How may I help you?"

"I was actually wondering if I could have a talk with your sister, Amira," said Vikram, "regarding the...."

"Murder of a local goon?" completed Haseena, "What does a 16 year old girl have to do with it officer?"

"Mam I promise I won't trouble Amira in any way," assured Vikram, "I just want to know if she...."

"Appi," their conversation was interrupted by Amira's voice from behind. "Mashallah, did you really inform the police about Jhonny?" she said excited as she walked towards them.

"Amira go..."

"Mam once second," Vikram interrupted Haseena. "What is it with Jhonny, Amira?" he asked Amira gently.

"He's been following me for the past four months," said Amira. "Asking me to marry him, chasing me after school and sometimes...." Amira paused before continuing, "...he even touches me inappropriately."

Vikram was too shocked to ask any further questions. "Amira, get in," said Haseena and quickly closed the doors.

"She is a kid, Pranav," said Vikram still in shock.

"That bastard deserved his death, sir," said the constable, "He is a monster."

Vikram took a deep breath to compose himself. "Let's do our jobs," he said, "Collect all the evidence."

* Later that night *

KNOCK KNOCK

"Haseena didi," the barber, Sandeep greeted as he opened the door.

"Why did you kill Jhonny?" Haseena asked angrily.

"Didi...we..."

"Didn't I tell you to keep a low profile," interrupted Haseena.

"You are not the one who is supossed to be asking questions," she heard a strong voice and saw a man walking towards her. As the man walked closer and closer there was an untold tension in the room. Everyone instintively stood upright and all heads were turned towards him.

"I am the one who should ask you why you didn't let Sandeep kill Jhonny," he completed.

"Who are you?" asked Haseena.

"Salaar," answered the man and Haseena immediately understood the reason behind the tension in the room.

"Killing Jhonny would only bring unwanted attention," she answered without hesitation.

"Not necessarily unwanted," said Salaar, "Now the world knows not to mess with Amira."

"And with enough time, the police would know who Amira is," argued Haseena, "and they will use her as a bait to catch you. CI Vikram is already suspicious."

"Are you Vikram?" asked Salaar turning to his side and from the darkness emerged a man. It was Vikram.

"I sent him to know Jhonny's full story," said Salaar, "and now that I do, I regret not torturing him enough. "I also regret trusting you and these fools with Rocky bhai's daughter," he added, "Amira is coming with me."

"She is not a toy for you to take," said Haseena, "She is my sister."

"Not by blood," said Salaar offending Haseena.

"Still better that you who is a nobody to her," said Haseena. Salaar's men were quite shocked and genuinely concerned for Haseena except for Vikram who was simply amused.

"Keep your mafia business away from Amira," warned Haseena and stormed out.

"We should get rid of her ," said Salaar.

Sandeep wanted to oppose the idea but didn't dare. Vikram, however couldn't care less.

"Bad idea, Salaar," he said, "Amira loves her. She will be heart broken."

"For how long?" asked Salaar sarcastically.

"As long as it took for you to get over your mother's death," said Vikram, "a life time."

Salaar remained silent for a while. "I need a plan to meet Amira," he said.

"I have an idea sir," said Sandeep.