*9*

*** The next day ***

"Sandeep bhaiyya can you sit on the other side?" Amira asked Sandeep who was sitting beside Salaar on the dining table.

"You sure beta?" asked Sandeep and Amira nodded. Sandeep shifted to the chair beside Haseena and Amira sat down beside Salaar.

"You told me to not have any distractions while working," she explained while nervously tapping her finger on the table, "One of the distractions is the concern for my sister which stems from the fear that I have of you.It's time I overcome it"

"Step 1 is to stop tapping," said Salaar and stopped Amira's hand and passed on the rice. Sandeep took the curry on the other end.

"No Sandeep, Amira doesn't eat brinjal," said Haseena, "Just like Salaar."

Salaar angrily glared at Haseena.

"You don't like brinjal too, jijaaji?" Amira asked innocently.

"No," Salaar reluctantly lied.

"Me neither," said Amira, "Appi has tried a lot to change my mind but didn't work."

"Same here," said Salaar.

*****
"Her Appi doesn't know how to cook," Rudra shouted. He is now in the office with Vikram. "She should learn from Vinod kaaka."

Vikram rubbed his head. "Don't you think this brinjal dispute is maybe a little below your range?" he asked sarcastically.

"It's not about the curry," said Rudra angrily, "It's about the audacity. The audacity to...."

"Challenge you," completed Vikram. "It's not necessarily a bad thing," he added, "That's what got you to respect me in the first place. Besides I am sure she just wanted to help."

"Impossible," said Rudra shaking his head.

"let me prove it," said Vikram and started texting Haseena, "Hi Haseena ji"

"Match made in heaven," he said when he got the reply

"What did she text?" asked Rudra angrily.

"It's personal conversation," said Vikram and Rudra tried to snatch the phone from his hand. They played around for a while until Pranav knocked on the door.

"Come in," said Vikram and Rudra stepped back.

"Sir you said we'll have dinner together," he reminded.

"Right, let's go," said Vikram.

"Is it brinjal curry today sir?" Pranav asked Rudra, "Friday special right?"

"Rudra sir is now married, Pranav," said Vikram playfully, "The world stopped spinning according to his will."

*** At home ***

"Still couldn't improve my speed," said Amira holding her head in frustration, "I don't even know where I am going wrong."

Einstein pointed to the timer and removed it from the table.

"Yeah, maybe I should stop checking the time," said Amira, "Good idea Albert Einstein."

*** The next day ***

Amira sat down beside Salaar and instinctively started tapping but stopped and continued to stay calm. Salaar was slightly impressed.

"How's practice going?" he started the conversation.

"Frustratingly bad," was Amira's first reply. "I mean I am working on it," she added to not sound negative.

"Maybe your sister can stay home today for moral support," said Salaar. "What do you say, dear?" he asked turning towards Haseena.

"I'd love to," smiled Haseena. "Since you said you will stay home for intellectual support anyway, we could have some family time."

"Right right," said Salaar with a fake smile, "That would be wonderful."

"No Appi," said Amira, "I mean thanks for the offer Appi, jijaaji, but I will be staying in my room anyway and Albert Einstein is very supportive. There is no need for you guys to postpone your works."

"Okay then," Haseena and Salaar replied at the same time, got offended at each other for replying at the same time, got frutrated at not being able to express their anger, fake laughed to avoid suspicion and continued to eat while plotting against each other.

*** The next day ***

"How long did it take?" Amira asked Albert. Albert showed the timer. 

"Still 45 minutes," Amira said frustrated.

Albert took the pen from her hand and wrote a message

"Yeah you are right," said Amira, "It's better than before

"Yeah you are right," said Amira, "It's better than before."

*** Elsewhere ***

"So we will enter through this gate," said Rudra, "You can take Amira from here and take her to the factory here where we will already have our police waiting."

"Got it," said Rajkesh.

"This is Salaar we are dealing with," said Rudra, "Bring all the men you have and we will bring all the officers we have."

"You have my word," said Rajkesh.

*** Party office ***

"I tried," said the MLA sadly, "People are just not sympathetic enough."

"Not surprising, given your history," said Haseena. "Next time we will attack your home. Say this in the press meet," she said giving him a paper.

*** The next day ***

"Welcome everyone," the MLA said and took a deep breath and cleared his throat. "I've been in politics for 10 years now and we've always had our disputes with the opposition party but there's a line that none of us crossed. We never talked about families. We never attacked families....but today....I don't know why....I don't know how....that line has been erased. They attacked my home."

The MLA paused and a couple of tears rolled down his eyes.

"My son is injured. My wife is in the hospital and my father is still unconsious. I know not everyone is my supporter. You don't have to be but..." the MLA paused and a few of his men held him for support, "Now I am just a common man fighting for his family. Please help me get justice. Please support me, as a parent, as a son, as a daughter, as a husband....if you can understand my pain....join me....please...."

Whose plan do you think might work?