*19*

"The day my brother knows who you are will be the day you die. Keep a low profile, give a false identity and obey the rules," Rajkesh told Amira as the gates of KGF opened.

At a distance Amira could see some lifeless people working. The entire atmosphere was dark, gloomy and uncomfortable to watch. The only bright thing seems to be Rocky's golden statue which was decorated with garlands.

"Go in," said Rajkesh and lightly pushed Amira. She took a few steps and before she knew Rajkesh closed the doors trapping her in the hell.

He turned to his wife Meeramma who couldn't help but feel sorry for Amira. As someone who's been in her position before, she knew exactly what a little girl's mind would go through.

"Ree (husband), who is she?" she asked Rajkesh, "You seem to be very concerned for her."

"Am concerned for myself, Akkare (love)," answered Rajkesh, "I made a deal with the devil and if something happens to her, hell shall unleash."

"Then why send her in there?" asked Meeramma, "Let us keep her in our house."

Rajkesh smiled at his wife's innocence. "A diamond doesn't go unnoticed if it's hidden alongside treasure, Akkare," he said, "It needs to be hidden in between stones." "Keep an eye on her," he added, "and let me know if anything goes wrong."

Meeramma nodded. "When will you come back again?" she asked as Rajkesh was about to leave.

Rajkesh lovingly placed his hand on his wife's cheeck before answering "soon!"

*******

"But didn't Rocky sink the ship with the gold?" asked Haseena.

"He did but apparently Rajkesh thinks he didn't," said Salaar, "and he might have a point. Regardless we have no choice," he added, "Except for trying to look." "Did Rocky bhai leave anything for Amira?" he asked, "Any note? or gift?"

"Yes, one second," said Haseena and came back with a small jewellery box. Inside it was a chain with a very small locket. Salaar took the locket and started examining it. It's just a simple locket with the letter 'A'. He examined the chain. Nothing out of the ordinary either. Salaar tried to open the locket, there is no such thing. Meanwhile Haseena tapped him on the shoulder.

"What does this mean?" she asked pointing to a text inside the box.

"Honganasu" read Salaar, "It means 'golden dream' in Kannada."

"I know a publishing house by that name," said Haseena, "It's not very famous but Abbu used to get me story books from there when I was young."

"We need to go there," said Salaar.

*********

Amira slowly started approaching the crowd but stopped herself at a few steps. There were people drenched in sweat, some digging and some carrying gold, men, women and kids alike. She didn't want to go near them. She didn't want to be a part of them. 

She desperately needs a moment of serenity, so that she could atleast mourn the death of Raj and come to terms with her reality but things seem to only go downhill. From being treated like a princess, to being treated like a trade card, to now becoming a slave -  the journey is nothing but exhausting!

Atleast with Rajkesh, she was left alone and didn't have to due gruesome labour but now it looks like...

Her thoughts were interrupted when a boy clapped infront of her. He looked a couple of years older than her and his muddy clothes indicated that he is one of the workers.

"Whose sins have brought you here?" he asked Amira.

"What?" asked Amira confused.

"Whose sins have brought you here?" Sebastian repeated, "Who owed these people money?"

"My father," answered Amira staring at Rocky's statue, "He is a cruel man, a monster!"

Meanwhile the clock struck 12 and everyone stopped working. Amira curiously looked at what is going to happen. They all gathered around Rocky's statue. Amira joined the crowd so as to not stand out. 

"What's going on?" she asked Sebastian.

"They are praying to Rocky bhai," he answered, "They say he is God."

Amira slightly narrowed her eyebrows.

"There is a prophecy that the god's child would come to save us, and with her would bring the greatest warrior and he would be so ruthless that the evil shall be pitied," he added.

Amira's expression quickly went from disbelief to scared. The images of her first encounter with Salaar flashed infront of her eyes and 'so ruthless that the evil shall be pitied' is an accurate description, but it is still a propechy, just a prophecy!

"I've read about Rocky," she said, "He is no god."

"I really hope he isn't," said Sebastian, "The last time god sent his child, we crucified him. Wouldn't want another one of god's children to go through the pain."

As Sebastian finished his sentence, everyone finished their prayers and bowed in unison for one last time. Although not a believer, Sebastian joined the crowd. 

Rajmanaar watched through the window smoking a cigar. He hated it. Despite gaining control over KGF years ago, he still couldn't kill people's love for Rocky. He snatched the power but not the throne and everytime, he sees people praying to the statue of a mad man, his blood boils. Yet he looks out of the window everyday, hoping that atleast one day they would end the madness.

"Bunch of fools," Rajmanaar said angrily and was about to turn around when his eyes fell the silloutte of a girl who stood up straight looking at the statue eye to eye. A visual he didn't expect to see in his lifetime. Someone refused to bow infront of Rocky and it was truly a spectacle to watch and now Amira has his attention!

Hey guys, how is it? Any predictions on what would happen to Amira or on what Salaar and Haseena will find out?