*14*

"Amira isn't awake yet, right?" asked Salaar.

"No sir," replied one of his men, "Even she wakes up, I told Albert to make sure she doesn't come this way."

"Great!" said Salaar. "Let's talk MLA saab," he said turning towards the MLA, "You were saying something yesterday."

"Salaar bhai...." the MLA stuttered, "I genuienely had no idea it was you...."

"Who else did you think would dare to call on my behalf?" asked Salaar.

"I...I..didn't think..." answered the MLA, "My friend...told me someone would call and claim to be Salaar...She's been...right about a lot of things so....I thought..."

"Who is she?" asked Salaar.

"I don't know her name," answered the MLA.

"Where does she live?" asked Salaar.

"I...I don't know..." answered the MLA.

Salaar lost his patience and pointed his gun at the MLA.

"I really don't want to waste a bullet on you," he warned.

"Then don't," he heard Haseena's voice and Salaar turned his head surprised.

"She is the one who told me somebody would call pretending to be Salaar," said the MLA. "You can....turn your gun," he said and tried to move Salaar's hand but Salaar remained firm and gave the MLA an angry look.

"Or you can continue to point it at me..." said the MLA nervously. Salaar lowered his gun and looked at Haseena for explanation.

"Technically I was not wrong," said Haseena, "You never made the call yourself."

Salaar signed. "Take MLA saab back to his house safely," he said, "and leave us alone." 

The MLA thanked his luck and left along with the rest of Salaar's men.

"Things would've ended way more violently had it been someone else in your position," he told Haseena.

"Which is why I made sure it's me and not someone else," said Haseena.

Salaar actually found that funny but didn't show it in his face. "So the bunds during Amira's exam time were all your plan?" asked Salaar. Haseena nodded.

"Why didn't you go ahead with it?" asked Salaar.

"Because I can't lecture you if I don't follow it myself," said Haseena.

"Good point," said Salaar and turned to leave but stopped and turned back for one last question.

"Whose creative mind is behind the term Salaar Bekaar?" he asked.

"Whose else would it be?" smiled Haseena.

That offended Salaar. He simply shook his head and angrily stormed off but his petty side definitely got triggered.

*** Later that day ***

"How can you give all the cars to servicing at once?" Haseena asked Sandeep, "Now how would I go to town?"

Meanwhile Salaar stopped his bike near them.

"By walking 8km to the main road," he said, "But that's hard so....I guess you can enjoy the palace interiors for a day."

"Or...Salaar maybe you could..." Sandeep tried to speak but stopped when Salaar looked at him.

"Have a great time, Haseena," he smiled and went away on his bike.

"Come didi," said Sandeep.

"No way," said Haseena and started walking towards the man road. Salaar wanted to ignore it but noticed it. He didn't want to turn his bike but he did. He didn't want to stop it near her but he did.

Salaar  didn't look at Haseena but patiently waited for her to get on. After thinking for a couple of minutes Haseena got onto the bike and Salaar gave her the extra helmet. He watched from his mirror and once he was sure that she is secured, started the bike.

*** Meanwhile elsewhere ***

"This Farmaan turned out to be as smart as his Rocky bhai," smiled Rajkesh, "Married Amira's so called sister to keep her in his house, played Salaar to become powerful enough to protect Amira and played Rudra and pretended to hate himself to catch anyone who could ever go against him. Not to mention Haseena and CI Vikram. With them around, not even Amira herself can get out of Salaar's watch."

"Sir...I don't understand..." said Raj who was tied to a chair.

"I just repeated what you told me," said Rajkesh, "Farmaan Quereshi is Amira's brother in law, correct?"

Raj nodded.

"This is Farmaan Quesreshi, correct?" said Rajkesh showing the picture from the hall of fame.

Raj nodded again.

"That's what I said," said Rajkesh, "Farmaan built a padmavyuh around his princess. How smart!"

"Sir...I told you everything I know...." said Raj scared, "Please....let me go..."

"Can't do kid," said Rajkesh, "You are my Abhimanyu."

*** 2 hours later ***

Salaar dropped Haseena off at the MLA's office.

"Get the MLA's signatures on this," he said giving her a file.

"I don't do anything if someone tells me to do," said Haseena.

"And I don't ride across the city with a girl on my bike," said Salaar, "but here we are."

Haseena started at Salaar and snatched the file from his hand and angrily walked away. However after a while, she somehow felt like looking back and when she did Salaar was still there, looking at her.

"Why are you still here?" she asked angrily.

"To ask why you turned back," answered Salaar.

Haseena didn't have a comeback and angrily turned away but smiled when she faced the other side.

*** The next day ***

"Amira wake up," said Haseena excitedly, "Wake up Amira!"

"What appi?" said Amira sleepily rubbing her eyes.

"You got selected for the internationals," said Haseena, "You got first rank!"

"Wow," said Amira not completely excited.

"Someone called Raj also got selected," said Salaar, "He is the runner up."

"Really!?" said Amira filled with joy. "It's...it's wonderful that two people got selected at the same time," she quickly added to prevent Haseena from getting suspicious.

"Let's celebrate tonight," said Haseena. "No one goes anywhere," she said looking around.

"As if anyone would listen to her," Salaar whispered to himself while he took out his phone to text Vikram. 

'Not coming to office today. Let me know if you have any updates about Rajkesh.'