*13*

"Hi jijaaji," said Amira sitting beside Salaar at the dinner table, "Appi isn't here yet?"

"Should be here in another 5 minutes," answered Salaar, "You can start eating if you are hungry."

"No not at all," said Amira, "I can wait."

"Good," said Salaar, "Who is Raj?"

Amira immediately regretted saying that she is not hungry. She could've really used that excuse. 

"He is...uh...a friend..jijaaji," answered Amira.

"Didn't look like that," said Salaar, "Does your sister know him?"

"Please don't tell her," Amira quickly added.

"Who. is. Raj?" Salaar asked again.

"We...uh...kind of like each other," said Amira hesitantly.

"LIKE EACH OTHER?" said Salaar, "Amira, do I need to remind you that you are still a child?"

"Jijaaji...It's...it's not love like..." Amira tried to persuade, "It's...it's like like."

"What the hell is 'like like' Amira?" asked Salaar frustrated.

"Um...like like is...it's when you think someone is nice, sweet, smart...and is a good match...for you....but you don't...date them or love them.....because of some reasons...like in our case...we are too young...and we need to focus on our future....and so our brother in laws have nothing to worry about....and would help keep this a secret from our sisters..." answered Amira.

Salaar was still not convinced and continued to angrily glare at her. Meanwhile Haseena walked towards the table and Salaar diverted his attention to her.

"What happened Amira?" she asked, "You look scared."

"Just found out," said Salaar and Amira's hand started shaking. Salaar noticed it and changed his mind. "Amira got a question wrong in the test," he said and held Amira's hand as a sign of assurance.

"Come on Amira, just one question right?" said Haseena, "You will still get a good score. Don't be so harsh on yourself."

"Yeah," said Amira, "thanks Appi."

Meanwhile Vinod came and placed the curry on the table. It was freshly made Brinjal curry. The aroma spread across the room and Salaar had a hard time resisting himself. He reluctantly moved it towards Haseena and reached out for the dal but Haseena stopped him.

"You are not a child Salaar," she said. "For how long will you run away from Brinjal," she added and served him the curry.

"You are getting very bossy," Salaar said outloud but internally appreciated the gesture. He took out his phone in his left hand and texted Haseena.

 He took out his phone in his left hand and texted Haseena

Salaar saw Haseena's reply and smiled at her. She smiled back.

*********

"That happened!?" asked Vikram shocked.