*20*

*** Early update ***

"Who is that?" Rajmannar asked unable to believe his eyes.

"Vajra (Diamond)," said Meeramma who just came in to serve lunch, "Chikka Rajare (small sir) brought her because her family owes us money. She just came in a few hours ago" she added in hopes that this information would be enough to prevent Rajmannar from actually interacting with Amira.

"What did I tell you about talking infront of me?" said Rajmanaar angrily.

"Sorry Rajare (sir)," said Meeramma and lowered her head.

"Do your job and get out," said Rajmanaar angrily and Meeramma quickly arranged the food and left.

Meanwhile in the mines. Amira was hiding behind the bushes trying to not get noticed when someone tapped on her shoulder. Amira gasped in fear but to her luck it was Meeramma.

"Your name is Vajra and you are here because your parents took loan from Chikka Rajare," she told Amira.

"What..I..." 

Their conversation was interrupted when Meeramma heard someone entering and quickly fled away.

********

Tarun Sekhawath, a man in his mid 40's couldn't believe his eyes. He looked at the locket multiple times, opened and closed the box, and frequently shifted his gaze from the articles to Salaar and Haseena and back, almost like a child who saw something incredible.

"I couldn't belive it," he murmered to himself, "I couldn't belive it....I thought it was a myth...I didn't expect this day to come...." "My father would be so proud..." he said looking at his father's picture and back. "Do you know that every book in here was written by him," he said proudly, "Handwritten...he is..."

"We don't have time," Salaar said angrily.

"Ah right right," he said and closed the box. "Are you Amira?" he asked Haseena.

"No, that's my sister," said Haseena.

"Salaar?" he asked turning towards Salaar.

"Yes," said Salaar.

"My father said you would come," said Tarun, "and he told me to give you a box."

"Good, give it to me," said Salaar impatiently.

"How do I belive you are Salaar?" asked Tarun.

"What can I do to make you believe?" asked Salaar. Tarun took Salaar's hand and looked at his wrist.

"Why didn't you get this removed?" he asked pointing to his tattoo

"Because the traumatic memories still live in my head," replied Salaar. Tarun smiled.

"To prove you are Salaar, make me experince terror," he said. "A little context, I have no family, no friends, I don't crave for money or power. I don't even fear death and...." he continued as he unbottoned his sleeves and rolled up his shirt. "The traumatic memories live in my head too," he showed the same tatoo.

(Any ideas on how to scare Tarun?)

*************

"Why the hell were your hiding?" Sebastain asked a nervous Amira while Meeramma watched from the corner, "You'll get in trouble if they find you not doing anything. Let's go!"

A little later

"What's going on?" Amira asked as Sebastian took her to a place where a few people were lined up. A man on the other end was using some hot metal tool and marking people's hands as they pass by while they scream in pain and agony.

"You are getting a free tatoo," said Sebastian.

"What!? No," said Amira terrified, "that...that looks scary....I don't want to...It also goes against my religion...it's haram!"

"Right," said Sebastain sarcastically, "We live in a super inclusive workplace where you get to say no to haram things, I get to keep a Christmas tree and our Hindu friends get to do aarti every morning. "It's not your decision to make, your highness. If you still believe in god, pray that you get to work in transport and not mining," he suggested before leaving to continue his work.

"There was a time where everything was my decision," Amira thought to herself. Haseena and Salaar treated her like a princess, quite literally. She lived with the most dangerous men in the country and they treated her like she is the most precious thing in the world. Yet she messed up, all because she believed in a lie.

"Hey Allah! Please help appi and jijaaji find me," she prayed, "I don't want to stay in this hell."

*******

"So you have nothing to loose?" asked Salaar.

"You could blow me up right now and I couldn't care less," said Tarun confidently.

"What if I blow up this place?" asked Salaar and Tarun's confidence got slightly lower. "Given that you waited all these years to fulfil your dad's promise, I am sure he means a lot to you. What if I destroy your dad's handwritten books, his memories and his legacy!"

"You wouldn't do that," said Tarun.

"You don't know me," said Salaar and quickly pulled out his gun and shot directly at Tarun's father's picture. However Haseena was too quick to predict his move and shifted his aim and it landed just an inch away from the picture.

Tarun couldn't believe his eyes and almost froze after what he just saw.

"Box," asked Salaar and Tarun quickly went inside and came back with the box and gave it to them and told them to "Get out!"

Haseena opened the box to find a letter.

Salaar leaned in to read.

"This is a riddle," he said, "I think it's supossed to be leading to our next destination."

Hey guys, anyone wanna try decoding the first part of the riddle? 

It's very generic and is supossed to lead to a place. Also any thoughts on Sebastian?

What are your thoughts on using humor to cope with trauma?