*10*

"Amira can you give me the TV for 10 minutes," asked Salaar, "I want to watch the headlines."

"Sure jijaaji," said Amira and reached out for the remote but Haseena held it firmly.

"This is my favorite scene," she said referring to the movie.

Salaar was offended but smiled and stayed calm to be a 'good husband'. However, luck favored him and the movie was paused for advertisements.

"Ahh too bad," said Salaar 'disappointed' and changed the channel.

'Please support me in this fight,' the MLA said in the news.

"This is so sad," said Amira, "They shouldn't have targeted his family."

"It's all fake, Amira," said Salaar, "The ruling party has or atleast had the majority. They had no reason to target this dude. It's the PR teams magic."

"All of this?" asked Amira surprised.

"Yup," said Salaar, "Some bloody genius is working for him."

"Thanks," said Haseena and took the remote from Salaar's hand and changed the channel.

*** Later that day ***

"Shall I announce the bund tomorrow?" the MLA asked Haseena.

"No wait until a day before the actual date," said Haseena.

*** A few days later ***

"How long did it take?" Amira anxiously asked Einstein.

Einstein turned the timer around a showed a thumbs up.

"25 minutes!?" said Amira overwhelmed with joy, "Oh my god,  Albert Einstein this is 5 minutes under the time limit!!!" "I need to tell appi about this," she said excitedly ran into the living room.

"Appi 25 minutes," she shouted.

"Really!?" said Haseena and excitedly hugged her sister. "That's wonderful, I am so happy for you," she said happily.

"Good work," Salaar said from the corner while watching TV.

"Thank you jijaaji," smiled Amira.

"I am really happy appi," she told Haseena once again, "Now I can finally get my name onto the Mathchamps list. Nothing can stop me."

Haseena's felt slightly guilty.

"I need to practice more," said Amira preparing to leave, "Better safe than sorry."

"One second, Amira," said Salaar as if he suddenly realized something and walked towards her.

"What you've achieved today is a true journey to success. Let this be the story that motivates you whenever you feel low," he said.

"Yes, jijaaji," smiled Amira and continued to leave but Salaar held her hand and AMira turned out waiting for his next statement.

Salaar paused for a while before continuing.

"I am really very proud of you, beta," he said placing his hand on her head.

Haseena looked at Salaar surprised as this was very out of character for him and surprisingly genuine.

Amira's smile lightly disappeared and she almost had tears in her eyes but remained composed.

"Really...really means a lot jijaaji," she said her voice lightly cracking at the end, "thank you." "I'll...uh...go practice," she said with a forced smile to hide her emotions and left.

"Why did you suddenly show so much affection?" Haseena asked Salaar.

"When I was her age, Rocky bhai told me the same thing," said Salaar, "I still couldn't forget that day." "Made me feel very..." Salaar paused to think of the right word, "....loved...for a second I felt like god had given me a father." "So," Salaar took a deep breath to compose himself, "I decided to go your way for once and care about both Amira's safety and happiness. You have a problem with it?"

"That's very sweet of you," said Haseena ignoring Salaar's rudeness for the first time, "For once,you've done something truly nice, thank you," she smiled.

********

"SHE SMILED," said Rudra offended, "How dare she...."

"Smile?" completed Vikram holding his head, "Rudra, I am starting to not like being your free therapist."

"No you don't understand," said Rudra, "There is a hidden motive. A hidden meaning of some sort. She was mocking me."

"I think you are not offended by the smile but by your reaction, or lack there of, to it," said Vikram.

"I had the perfect reaction," said Rudra.

"You pretended to get a call and left the house," stated Rudra.

"That's a symbolic way of letting her know that I understood her sarcastic undertone and am not affected by it," said Rudra.

Vikram slammed his forehead. "You are supossed to be a smart guy, Rudra," he said, "Why are you being so dumb?"

"What dumb?" said Rudra offended, "SHE NEVER SMILES!"

Vikram opened his phone and showed Rudra Haseena's display pic in which she was smiling.

Rudra immediately stopped shouting and took the phone. He went from seriously staring at the picture, to admiringly staring at the picture, to staring at the picture with a light smile, to staring at the picture with full of love. 

"Pyar ki raho mein chalna sikh (Royal imperial bgm)....." Vikram started singing in the background.

"Shut up Vikram," said Rudra snapping out of his trance, "I am just looking because Haseena smiling is a rare sight."

 **** Later that night ***

"You are very lucky appi," said Amira. Amira and Haseena were on their bed, about to go to sleep.

"Why so?" asked Haseena.

"Jijaaji is a very nice person," said Amira, "I mean he a mafia king which is very bad," she added, "but...to give credit where it's due....as a husband....as a jijaaji....he is a nice person."

 "Today...today when he told me that he is proud of me...I felt very happy....," Amira continued getting slightly emotional, "I never saw Abbu na, so I felt like if Abbu was alive, that is how he would react....jijaaji completes our family."

"Hmmm..." was all Haseena managed to say. She then heard a notification on her phone and went out to check.

"All set, will announce the bund tmr," texted the MLA.

"Change of plans, no bund," Haseena texted back.

Hey guys? How was the chapter?