*26*

"Wow, I really missed this place," said Haseena admiring the house.

"Then why don't you stay here for a few days, Appi?" asked Rahem.

"Yeah beta, why not?" said Nehmat, "After all this is your father's house."

"Actually chachi....I think I'd love to spend the night here," said Haseena, "Maybe I should talk to Rudra about it!"

"Hey Allah!" said Nehmat clapping her forehead, "Rudra! I left him downstairs and forgot all about him." "I hope Bashir didn't...." Nehmat ran downstairs panicking but stopped when she saw Rudra come out of the kitchen.

"I was just putting the tea cups inside, chachi," he smiled, "Hope that's alright."

"Yea...yes ofcourse beta," said Nehmat, "How did your talk with Bashir go? Was he mean?"

"Why would I be mean if someone comes to apologize?" said Bashir coming out the kitchen with a smile surprising everyone and making Haseena suspicious. "We had a talk and you will be happy to know, we are in good terms now," announced Bashir and a smile errupted on Nehmat's face.

"Wonderful!" Rahem exclaimed in joy, "So jijaaji you wouldn't mind staying with us tonight, right?"

"Well I..." Salaar looked at Haseena and she nodded. "I'd love to," he smiled.

**********************

"How long are they going to keep talking like that?" Amira asked the women beside her. They were holding snacks for the 'supervisors' of KGF but they seem to be involved in their own conversations and didn't even mind acknowledging the girls.

"Hours sometimes," replied the women.

Amira got bored and looked around when she found one of Salaar's half sloved maths problems. It was struck off but Amira could still read what's underneath and after a while she couldn't help but want to complete the answer. She placed the tray on a table and went to solve it. For the first time, she felt freedom and joy as she managed to do something she loves but suddenly the marble was snatched from her hand and thrown away.

She thought it was one of the bad guys but it was actually an old man who was a part of what Amira refers to as 'Rocky's cult'. He gave one angry look at her before striking the problem once again and leaving.

"What's wrong with him?" Amira asked the women accompanying her.

"Nothing against you," replied the women, " they just don't like the man who wrote those maths problems. I think his name is Farmaan....something...."

"Farmaan Qureshi?" asked Amira, "Why don't they like him?"

"Cause he left Rocky and betrayed him," replied the women, "They think he is also the one who is responsible for Rocky's death by tipping Rajare....but.....I don't know....couldn't care less..."

**********************

**** Night, Haseena's room****

"So why do we have to stay tonight?" asked Salaar once Haseena closed the room door.

"The secret door doesn't have anything," said Haseena opening the secret door inside the cupboard. It led to a small but cosy room."This safe, my father said only opens during the time of the devil 11 pm to 3 am," she said pointing to a small safe, "this might have the box."

Salaar looked at his watch. "So 5 more hours of being alone with you," he said sarcastically, "At this point I am convinced Gods probably hate me."

"Funny," said Haseena rolling her eyes and Salaar went back and sat down on a beanbag.

"What did you do to my chachaji?" Haseena asked.

"I apologized," said Salaar, "What else would I do?"

"Don't lie to me," said Haseena.

"Haseena trust me, you don't want to have this conversation," said Salaar as he got up to leave.

"He wouldn't change his mind unless you did something to him," said Haseena holding Salaar's hand, "I am not stupid. I know a scared man when I see one."

"And I know a sexual predator when I see one," said Salaar turning back and Haseena expression changed from anger to surprised and her grip got looser. "My mother and I grew up alone amongst people who are no different from animals," he added, "You think I wouldn't notice how uncomfortable and anxious you were with him around? And who is he kidding with his bullshit story of you running away for freedom?"

Haseena stared at Salaar as a tear dropped down her eye because he was right!

"Listen I don't care what he says or what you think," said Salaar gently, "You did the right by taking Amira away from this family. You don't have to feel guilty about it."

Haseena continued to stare at Salaar.

"I shouldn't have brought this topic up," said Salaar looking away unable to watch her tear up, "I wasn't able to protect my mother, so I get very angry and....to know that...."

Salaar paused when Haseena suddenly hugged him and started crying. Salaar froze for a while but soon got comfortable enough to place one of his hands on the back of Haseena's head and the other around her shoulder wrapping her.

"I wish someone told this to me sooner....I always felt so guilty," Haseena cried, "I....thought...yeah he is bad with me...but...he really likes Amira....and...and..." she sobbed, "Chachi and Rahem are so good....this is a nice family....and I thought I took Amira away from them...and made her life miserable..."

"No no you didn't," consoled Salaar, "You did the right thing. Once a monster, always a monster."

"And then Amira kept asking.....why....why..." Haseena vented out, "and I lied to her......told her it was someone else........and he knows the address and that's why we ran away....I am a liar....and I couldn't keep my sister safe...I..."

"Shh stop it," said Salaar calmly, "You are not a liar. You are the best thing that ever happen to her. It's not your fault that Rajkesh got to her. It's no one's fault....it's just fate!"

"We should find her," said Haseena stepping back.

"We most certainly will," said Salaar. "Here," he gave Haseena a glass of water and they both sat on the bed calmer.

"I actually felt the safest when Amira and I were with you,"Haseena confessed after a while, "Not necessarily happiest but safest."

Salaar smiled.

"And I felt like family when you guys were with me," said Salaar, "Not necessarily a...."

"Happy family but still family," they completed together and smiled together.

"Why didn't you kill my chachaji?" Haseena asked after a little while.

"Because you could've killed him if you wanted to and you chose not to," said Salaar, "I didn't want to disrespect your decision."

Haseena smiled. "You are not a bad person," she said, "I am sorry I misunderstood you."

"It's okay," said Salaar, "As they say kaamaale kaNNonige kaMDiddella haLadi nE" 

"What does that mean?" asked Haseena.

"Google it," said Salaar and Haseena googled it.

"Mr.Jaundiced-eye, sees all with yellow shade," she read out loud.

"You are so mean," she said playfully hitting Salaar while they both laughed. Meanwhile the door opened as it got voice activated!