*24*

*4 hours later*

Salaar stopped the car inbetween and got down  as he felt a little uneasy. He sat down on the footpath and drank some water.

"You are car sick?" Haseena asked surprised. Salaar nodded.

"4 hours is my limit," he replied.

"Wow," said Haseena sitting beside Salaar, "So all it takes to hurt the most feared mafia don is a long drive."

"Your presence seems to be just as effective," countered Salaar. Haseena was about to say a comeback when Salaar's phone rang. It was a private number. Salaar picked up the phone. It was Rajkesh.

Salaar immediately put the phone on speaker so that Haseena can hear it too.

"How's the treasure hunt going?" asked Rajkesh, "I haven't got any updates from you."

"Maybe leave your number with us," said Salaar, "We will send you daily updates."

"Not that stupid," said Rajkesh. "You haven't answered my question," he reminded.

"We found some clues and are working on it," replied Haseena, "Can I talk to Amira once?"

"Send me a picture of the gold and maybe I'll let you," said Rajkesh.

"But..." 

Rajkesh cut the call without even allowing Haseena to continue. Salaar signed and got up motivated to continue searching.

"Take on driving for a while," he told Sandeep and threw the car keys to him. Sandeep went and started the car while Haseena blanky looked at the ground sad and disappointed.

"Don't worry she will be safe," Salaar assured as he offered his hand to help her get up. "Rajkesh has no motive to harm her and our fear will only slow us down."

******************

Amira went out to give tea to the rest of the men. She was still sad and terrified as she was never treated so badly by anyone. While she tried to console herself she saw one of Rajmanaar's men hitting people to make them move faster. He dropped his stick when he saw Amira and approached her for some tea.

"It's cold," he said angrily. Amira stepped back afraid of being hit.

"Heat it up," he said and put it back and that was the moment Amira truly understood Sebastian's words. Her life is terrible, no doubt, but some people have it way harder.

******************

Sandeep stopped the car infront of an old small house. It looked very dull, the paint weared off, and the main door was dusty. 

"This is the house?" Salaar asked but before Haseena could reply they heard a loud and excited scream.

"Haseena appi!!!" yelled a 19 year old boy as he ran towards them. "I missed you so much," he said hugging her. "Where is Amira?" he asked.

"She...has her exams going on....so I couldn't bring her," lied Haseena.

"Oh man, I was hoping to meet her," said Raheem disappointed. "Who are you bhaisaab?" he asked turning to Salaar and Sandeep.

"That's Rudra my husband," answered Haseena, "and his brother Sandeep."

"Hindus?" Raheem asked in a low voice and Haseena nodded.

"That's so cool appi," Raheem exclaimed, "like Jodha Akbar" "but...." he said in a sad voice, "Abbu might not like it...."

"I am not seeking for his approval Raheem," said Haseena.

Salaar sensed the tension that slowly started to make way but Raheem quickly diverted the topic.

"What do you do jijaaji?" he asked Salaar.

"I am a special officer in the crime branch," answered Salaar.

"Wait!" exclaimed Raheem, "So you are the officer trying to catch Salaar?"

Salaar nodded. "Sir, I am your biggest fan," said Raheem, "I always wondered how you looked like....and needless to say...you look very handsome..."

"Thank you," smiled Salaar.

"Why didn't you make public appearences alongside Vikram sir?" asked Raheem.

Salaar couldn't answere that question as he was once again reminded the loss of his friend.

"Public speaking isn't his strong suit," Haseena answered on his behalf, "Vikram is very good at it."

"Yes Vikram sir is very charismatic and patient," affirmed Raheem. "Appi did he come with you guys?" he asked, "Can I meet him?"

Haseena noticed Salaar getting more and more devastated although he maintained a calm outer appearence.

"No Raheem, he is not with us right now," said Haseena. 

"What is in your bag, kid?" Sandeep asked hoping to divert the topic.

"Oh this!" exclaimed Raheem, "I got a ghagra for appi." "Ammi invited you for lunch," he said offering Haseena the cover, "You can wear this. You will look very beatiful."

"Raheem that's very sweet of you but...."

"Please appi," begged Raheem, "I got it with my savings...."

"Okay, I'll wear it," Haseena reluctantly said and took the ghagra.

"Sorry jijaaji. Sorry Sandeep bhai," said Raheem, "I would've got something for you too but I didn't know you were coming."

"That's okay Raheem," smiled Sandeep, "Maybe next time."

"I am going to the market. Would you like to come along?" asked Raheem, "It would be fun!"

Salaar shook his head. "Rudra has work," said Sandeep, "I'll come along!"

"We don't have time for family visits," Salaar said once Raheem was out of sight, "We need to check your home for clues."

"This is not where you will find clues," said Haseena, "They most likely will be in the house abbu lived while he was with Rocky. It's my chachaaji's house now and that's where we are going for lunch. There is a secret room that only abbu and I know. If you can keep my chachaji engaged, I'll go search for clues. "

"I don't see the need for all this drama," said Salaar frustrated.

"I do," said Haseena, "This is not Pablo at the bar that you could threaten with your guns. This is my family!"