*5*

"Tell me now Appi," Amira asked Haseena as soon as she finished eating. They were sitting beside each other on the dining table. On the opposite side was Salaar equally curious and at a audible distance were the rest of his men.

"What connection does our family have with the mafia?"

"I should've told this to you a couple of years ago," started Haseena. "The truth is..." she hesitated, "Salaar is my husband."

Amira was shocked beyond words. So were the rest of Salaar's men. Salaar himself looked surprised although he was quick enough to gain back composure.

"Husband?" Amira exclaimed in disbelief quickly shifting her attention from Haseena to Salaar and back to Haseena, "You....you married into....ma..mafia..."

"Why, Mafia shouldn't get married?" asked Salaar.

"No..that's....not what I...intended..." Amira added hesitantly, "It's...just..." "How did this happen, appi?" she asked turning back to Haseena.

"He came for treatment to our hospital," answered Haseena, "I was the attending nurse and we fell in love." "I knew you would have a hard time accepting it," she added after a moment, "which is why I was waiting for the right time but then...all this happened..."

Amira seemed to have believed the story and asked no further questions. Instead she fell into deep thought, as if trying to come to terms with her new reality.

Meanwhile Salaar got a text message from Vikram.

"If no more questions then, Haseena can I talk to you for a second?" he asked.

****

"About what I said earlier..." Haseena tried to explain once they were alone.

"That's okay, I don't care," Salaar quickly added, "We have bigger things to worry about."

"What happened?" asked Haseena worried and Salaar showed her a picture on his mobile.

"Adhira's son," he said, "According to the police, he has landed in Mumbai."

"How much danger is Amira in?" asked Haseena sadly.

"No danger," said Salaar, "As long as no one knows who she is."

*** In the hall ***

"Hi Amira," Sandeep greeted interrupting Amira's deep thoughts.

"Hi," said Amira, "you work in the barber shop, right?"

"As a facade, yes," answered Sandeep, "To protect your sister."

"Am Sandeep by the way," he introduced. "And they are Albert and Einstein," he added pointing to two men beside him who looked very identical to each other, probably twins.

"Hi," Amira smiled politely but they did not respond.

"Don't mind the silence," assured Sandeep, "They don't like talking to people." "They will be your security," he added, "one of them would be with you at all times."

"But...from whom do I need security?" asked Amira.

"Salaar's enemies," lied Sandeep, "Families are sometimes targeted in mafia."

"Oh," was all Amira managed to say.

"I also need your phone," said Sandeep, "Police might use it to track our location."

"What if I have to talk to someone?" Amira asked as she reluctantly surrendered her phone.

"You can use Salaar's phone," answered Sandeep.