Chapter 58

They brought you to a dog shelter. You were jumping in excitement. Jungkook chuckled looking at you as he pulled you with him towards the shelter. You carefully entered behind them as you saw little puppies roaming around a specific area.

Taehyung: Do you want to play with them?

His voice startled you but you nodded your head in response.

Taehyung: Then what are we waiting for. Let's go!

Y/N: Yaaaaayyyyy! But you go before me.

Jungkook: They won't bite you Y/N-ah.

Y/N: I'm not scared of dogs. It's just that what if they don't like me?

Jungkook: You think too much, let's go.

You followed them to the play area and the puppies were looking at you with excitement. As soon as you got in the puppies surrounded you and started playing with you. They kept getting into your lap. You lifted one and booped its nose while another one started to pull the hem of your t-shirt as it wanted to be lifted too. There were so many that they tackled you to the ground as you laughed due to the ticklish feeling. Jungkook and Taehyung smiled fondly at you as they were happy to see you smile. You hugged the litter of puppies which tackled you to the ground and rolled to the side as the puppies got out of your grip and started licking your face. You giggled looking at the puppies, while Jungkook and Taehyung were playing with a few other ones.

Taehyung: Yah, what are you, 5?

Y/N: Yeah, 5 times smarter than you.

They laughed with you.

Y/N: Don't they have bigger dogs?

Taehyung: You like big things? *wiggles eyebrows*

Y/N: You're disgusting.

Jungkook: They have this 7 year old golden retriever.

You gasped.

Y/N: I love golden retrievers. Where is it? Can I play with it?

Jungkook: Calm down, yes you can play with it.

They brought a larger dog with golden fur as you looked at it with sparkling eyes.

It was hesitant to come to you so you went closer and gently sat in front of it. You slowly started caressing its head and after a while it sat down in front of you and put its head in your lap. Soon it warmed up to you and started playing with you. It climbed on you making you fall back and you hugged it like a bear. Your happy giggles could be heard all over the shelter. But unfortunately to was time to leave.

Jungkook: Y/N let's go. It's getting late.

You hugged the golden retriever.

Y/N: I don't want to leave.

Taehyung: We will come again.

Y/N: Can I take him home?

You said pointing towards the golden retriever.

Taehyung: You want to adopt it?

Y/N: Yes!

Taehyung: Y/N-ah having a pet is a big responsibility.

You looked sadly at the dog.

Employee: This dog is trained to stay alone when the owners are not home. All you have to do is put an automatic feeder and water for it.

Y/N: Where can I get that stuff?

Emlpoyee: Actually we sell all stuff necessary for having a dog like food, leashes, automatic feeders and chewing toys.

Y/N: I'll take it and I'm adopting this golden retriever.

Employee: Yes mam this way.

You were walking happily with the dog in your arms as Jungkook and Taehyung carried the other stuff. The crowd parted easily for you since you were carrying a dog which was as tall as you. You sat in the car as Jungkook and Taehyung put the stuff in the trunk. Jungkook started driving.

Taehyung: Did you decide a name for him?

Y/N: Yes! I'm gonna name him 'Yuto'.

Taehyung: Sounds like a good name. He can play with Tannie.

Meanwhile you were busy talking to Yuto.

Y/N: Do you like your name Yuto? Hmm?

Taehyung: We shouldn't have brought you here.

Y/N: WHY?

Jungkook: Because this guy stole our girlfriend.

Yuto let out a small cute growl as you giggled.

You finally reached you apartment as they helped you arrange the things.

Jungkook: Okay Y/N, we're leaving.

Y/N: You're leaving? What about dinner? I'll make it quickly or we can order something and get it delivered.

Taehyung: We would love to stay but we need to go. It was nice being your boyfriend even though it was just for a day. Hehehe

They turned around to leave but you stopped them.

Y/N: Wait!

You ran to them as they turned around and hugged both of them. They hugged you back and crushed you but you didn't mind.

Y/N: Thank you. Thank you so much!

Your tears started to fall. They pulled out from the hug.

Taehyung: Hey, don't cry.

Jungkook: If you cry we'll kidnap Yuto.

Y/N: Hey! No!

They chuckled and wiped your tears.

Taehyung: If you need to know anything about dogs then just call me.

Jungkook: Now don't cry and play with Yuto. He needs attention.

You chuckled and nodded your head. They ruffled your hair as they walked out. You waved at them as they left and turned to Yuto. You were giving Yuto belly rubs as he was laying on your lap. You were lost in your thoughts. Were you sure these people were staying in your life? You didn't know but instead of pushing them away you decided to let them stay for as long as they were going to. You decide that you weren't going to hold on and let people leave if they wanted to. You were not going to try and control your life. You were just going to live each day as it came. You smiled looking down at Yuto.

Y/N: I'm not lonely anymore. Now I've got a companion on this journey.