Chapter 2

All eyes were fixed on you, including theirs. But you knew better than to start fangirling and making it look like you were sasaeng who somehow got inside the premises. This might be the first and the last time you see them but you had no intention of scaring them or making them uncomfortable so you put on a straight face to behave in a professional manner. You averted your gaze towards the CEO sitting at the end of the table.

He scanned you from head to toe. He sighed and yelled at his secretaries.

Bang PD: WHOSE KID IS THIS? AND WHY IS THIS KID HERE?

Meanwhile:

Hoseok: Don't say it!

Jimin: Don't say it!

Jin: Jungkook, don't-

Jungkook: ArE yOu LoSt, KiD?

You looked at them confused, but then realization hit you. It always happened. You were mistaken for a school student all the time. That was because the one thing you slept out on while God was giving it out was height. You were 160cm and hating heels didn't help either, hence leading people to confuse you for a kid.

Bang PD: Kid, what is your parents' name?

His voice broke you out of your thoughts.

You took a deep breath before replying.

Y/N: Sir, I'm not a kid. I'm Min Y/N, an employee from the Marketing Department.

You said showing him your work ID card. Yeah, no he didn't believe you.

Y/N: I came here to submit the papers required for the upcoming business meet.

You said further trying to convince him.

Bang PD: Well in that case, submit the papers and leave. I don't want employees who can't finish their work on time. You're fired.

You stood there speechless. You didn't know what to do but as soon as you got your voice back, you started explaining.

Y/N: Sir please don't fire me. I completed the work on time. It's just that it took me some time to get here.

Bang PD: And why would that be? We have elevators so you can reach here in 5 minutes.

Y/N: W-Well th-the thing i-is...

Fuck. What would you say now? You can't tell them you fell down. You would look like a fool. But you don't have any other choice so you decide it's best to tell them the truth.

Bang PD: Well what?

Y/N: *deep breath* Well sir I was trying to reach here faster so I started running and slipped on my way causing the papers to scatter on the floor. So it took me some time to reorganize them.

Bang PD: How old are you Ms. Min, 5?

Y/N: N-No sir. I-I'm actually 23.

You said as you looked down embarrassed.

Bang PD: I would advise you to not waste other's time on your lies Ms. Min-

Y/N: Sir I'm not lying-

Jimin: PD-nim

Jimin said loudly as everyone fell silent.

Jimin: PD-nim we have cameras everywhere. Let's check the footage to see if she's actually lying or saying the truth. Is that ok, Ms. Min?