Chapter 21

You recognized the voice immediately, Namjoon. But you couldn't bring yourself to speak anything. All he could hear was your shaky breath and your desperate attempts to form words.

Namjoon: Hey, it's okay!

He used his calm and soothing voice again.

Namjoon: Now listen to me carefully.

Namjoon: Open your phone and share your real-time location.

Your hands were trembling but you had hope now to get out of that ordeal, so you managed to share your location and saw that Namjoon had done it too. You got up wiping your tears and started to walk towards his dot on the map. You still bumped into a lot of people as your eyes were focused on your phone screen. You watched the dot get closer to where you were and felt someone grab you by wrapping their hand around your shoulder and start walking. You looked ahead to see Namjoon holding you close by the shoulder and leading the way.

Finally you were out of the crowd and he led you to a secluded place with less people around. He let out a breath of relief and turned to look at you only to be shocked at your state. Your hair was a bit messy again. His sweatshirt was torn at some places. He could see the dried tears on your face and most of all your eyes were teary and you were breathing heavily. Namjoon widened his eyes.

Namjoon: Yah Yah Yah! What happened?

He came closer to you, checking you for any injuries. You spoke in a small voice looking at him.

Y/N: Can we please go home?

He crouched down to your level and held your hands.

Namjoon: Please come with me to this place. You won't regret it. I'll hold your hand tightly and I won't let go until we reach there, I promise.

You looked at him for a while. You really didn't want to cry in front of him for the third time and look like a crybaby. But he squeezed your hands gently, reassuring you.

Namjoon: I'll keep you by my side, promise.

You nodded your head as he got up and started walking, holding your hand tightly but gently at the same time as he didn't want to hurt you.

You kept looking at his back holding his hand equally tightly, determined not to lose him this time. You were unaware of your surroundings until he turned to you smiling softly as he let go of your hand.

Namjoon: Look

Y/N: Huh?

Namjoon: Look around.

You looked around to see sand under your feet. The waves were crashing down the shore as you broke into a huge smile completely forgetting everything.

Y/N: Beach!

You squealed.

The beach was your favourite place to go whether you were sad, happy or wanted to just go out and relax for a while. But living in the main cities all your life made it difficult to do so.

Y/N: Cmon.

Namjoon: What?

You took your shoes and socks off signaling him to do the same as he got the idea of what you were about to do.

Namjoon: Y/N-ah, no-

Y/N: I'll drag you anyways so you better take your shoes off.

Namjoon: Okay okay, yah-

You didn't let him finish as you started dragging him towards the water.

Namjoon: Yah wait, yah-

You pushed him towards the water before he could protest. You laughed out loud as you saw him standing there with his feet completely and pants partially wet. He smiled looking at you as this was the first time he saw you laughing after all the events that happened. He was glad he could make you laugh. He started walking back towards where you were standing. Before you could react he lifted you up by the waist and yeeted you into the water. You sat there as the waves crashed onto your body, your hair looking like seaweed and your clothes along with his sweatshirt all wet.

Now it was his turn to laugh loudly as you sat there looking at him with narrowed eyes. You stood up and started running towards him and he started running away. It felt like a movie. It was like your fantasies were coming to life. Chasing someone or being chased by someone by the beach as you erupt into laughter.

He was too fast and no matter how much extra effort you applied your short legs were just no match for him.

Y/N: Namjoon, come back. I won't do anything.

Namjoon: As if I trust that.

He said playfully jumping around at a distance.

Y/N: Fine whatever.

You started walking back towards where you were before smirking because you knew your plan worked. He was following you and the moment you felt his presence beside you, you tried to push him in the water. Hard pass. This time he was prepared and didn't budge. In fact he let you try many times but he was too strong and he didn't budge. You finally gave up but you didn't know that he hadn't. He picked you up again by the waist and was about to throw you in the water when you yelled.

Y/N: Yah Yah Yah! Put me down. Let's just sink our feet in the water okay? I won't do anything.

Namjoon: You just said that a few minutes ago and we both know what happened after.

Y/N: This time my life is on the line. I don't want to get thrown into the water by you again.

Namjoon: Okay, I believe you.

He said as he put you down. As soon as he did you splashed water on his face and started running away again.

Namjoon: YAH! Just wait until I get you.

As soon as he reached you he gripped you by the waist and you thought he was about to throw you but instead he just spinned you around and gently placed you down.

You still wanted to play more as the inner child in you had just found an outlet but the wind was strong and blew against you making you shiver.

Namjoon: Cmon, let's go back.

Y/N: But I wanna play mooooreee!

Namjoon: Y/N, no. You will catch a cold. We can sit by the shore if you want.

Y/N: Shore!

Namjoon: Did you just...?

Y/N: Make a pun? Yeah.

Namjoon: You have the potential.

Y/N: Potential for what?

Namjoon: Potential to start a comedy show with Jin hyung.

Y/N: Whale-

Namjoon: Stop it or I'll throw you into the water again.

You both laughed as the sun shone behind you and you walked towards the sand as your silhouettes could be seen from afar.