Chapter 45

??: Y/N. Y/N. Y/N!

You felt someone shaking you. You immediately opened your eyes and sat straight. You looked at the person who woke you up. It was Namjoon.

Was it all just a dream?

Y/N: Namjoon- the hospital- Jiho- blood-

Namjoon: Shh relax, it was just a nightmare.

He took you in his arms once again as your tears started to fall.

Y/N: How do you know if it's only a nightmare?

Namjoon: You were saying his name in your sleep, and you were begging him...

Silence filled the room until you spoke again.

Y/N: Namjoon, is Jiho okay wherever he is?

Namjoon: I don't know. But wherever he must be, he wants you to be happy.

Y/N: I don't know how to be happy now that I've lost him.

Namjoon: Shh, he has just gone somewhere far and I'm here to make you happy.

You looked up at him with your teary eyes as he looked at you with the most delicate gaze. He wiped your tears.

Y/N: Thank you, I would be broken without you.

Namjoon: Don't say that. And now go back to sleep, it's 3.30 am.

Y/N: Tell me a bedtime story.

Namjoon: A what?

You looked at him with your doe eyes and he gave in.

Namjoon: Ugh! Fine! Once upon a time there was a cat...

Y/N: Ooooh! I love cats.

You fell asleep feeling safe in his embrace as he told you his bedtime story which you found quite silly but didn't complain.

*A few weeks later*

You were doing comparatively better. Namjoon kept his word and took care of you all the time despite his busy schedule. He would keep checking up on you. It was still hard because Jiho's seat beside you was empty now. You missed your bickering and his regular coffees. But there was nothing you could do about it.

It was a shock to all the employees since nobody knew when he had put his resignation letter. They kept asking you if you knew where he was since you guys were together most of the time. You couldn't just say that you didn't know where your best friend was or that he had just gone away without telling you where he was going. So you just told them he wanted a break and is on vacation.

But you were pretty good at taking things rationally. You accepted that he was gone and you prayed that he would be well wherever he went. You weren't mad at him. As always you believed he had a reason. But you knew one thing that you had to live without him no matter how much you missed him.

Namjoon was a great help to you and you were falling deeper in love with him. The way he took care of you, the way he was there for you and his famous dimple smile which was so contagious it would automatically make you smile.

He proved to be the man that you always thought he would be. His comforting presence and safe embrace became your addiction. Jin hyung was right when he said that he loved others with all his heart and he deserved to be loved the same way. So you finally decided to confess.

You were ready to have a new chapter in your life which you always avoided because of your fears. But with him your fears faded away. You were sure that even if you still had your fears you would get through it together. You just wanted to shower him with all your love just like he did. Now you wanted to be the person making him happy and not the other way around. You wanted to open up and give him everything you had. Love, care, comfort, safety and happiness. You wanted to be his safe place like he was yours. You wanted to be there for him just the way he was there for you. You couldn't contain yourself anymore. You loved him very much. And you were ready to tell him how much he meant to you. Min Y/N you were sure in for troublesome ride and it was time to move forward to the next one.