Chapter 13

And here you were left with a bit of tension in the air, a sprinkle of some awkwardness, a spoonful of stuttering and a whole intimidating Namjoon.

No matter how close you were to him yesterday, it was a different situation and in your defense you were crying and he was comforting you. There was no room to think otherwise.

But right now you couldn't bear to look him in the eyes as you felt small under his gaze. Not just figuratively but also literally. You kept looking down at your lap and fiddled with your bandaged hands.

He coughed to gain your attention.

You slowly looked up to see him sitting beside you, looking at you with a cold stare. You were lost in his eyes and couldn't remove yours from his.

He spoke but didn't remove his gaze.

Namjoon: I would let you stare at me all day but Yoongi hyung will kill me if I don't feed you right now.

Y/N: huh?

You blinked your eyes as he gestured towards the fork he was holding.

Y/N: O-oh, y-yeah!

You looked at the food he was holding and then back at him and again at the food he was holding and then back at him. You kept fumbling this way not knowing what to do until his voice stopped you in your tracks.

Namjoon: Stop!

You stayed still as you looked at your lap again, biting your lips due to the embarrassment.

He held your chin and turned your face towards him as he held the fork in front of your mouth with his other hand.

Namjoon: Open your mouth.

You did as he said.

He kept feeding you slowly as you both kept staring at each other.

You finished eating but his next move left you completely weak.

He wiped your lower lip with his thumb and licked it (his thumb you idiots).

Namjoon: You had maple syrup on your lip.

Y/N: There were other ways you could've done it.

Bold move Y/N, considering how much his presence affected you in ways you didn't want it to.

Namjoon raised an eyebrow.

Namjoon: Really? What other ways?

His eyes had this playful glint. You knew a whole lot of other ways your mischievous brain had suggested but of course you can't say that he could've just kissed you.

Y/N:*cough cough* I mean you could've just told me.

Namjoon: Well I don't see you complaining.

Well, where's the lie though? It might be just a little brush of his thumb over your lips but it still sent sparks through your body.

Namjoon: Feel free to do whatever you want. I'll be in my room if you need me.

Y/N: Ummm...

Namjoon: Spill

Y/N: Do you usually bring people to your dorm often?

Namjoon: No, we're not allowed to bring other people at our dorm.

Y/N: Then why...

He looked at you softly this time as he held your injured hands delicately in his.

Namjoon: Y/N, you are amazing and really strong but strong people need comfort too. Being strong doesn't mean you can do things alone. You always need someone at times like this. And I couldn't just walk away from there after what happened. I wanted to help you. You are special to Jiho, so you are special to me and now you are special to all the members. And we take care of people who are special to us.

He gave you his dimple smile which made you smile involuntarily.

You looked at his back as he disappeared from your sight.

You put a hand on your heart and let out a huge breath you had been holding all this time.

How can he go from being intimidating to being soft real quick? And still being attractive while he's at it?

You gulped down a glass of water just to calm your racing heart.

Y/N: Min Y/N, you're in for a troublesome ride.