Chapter 41

The car stopped in front of your apartment building. Jiho looked at you with a tender gaze.

Jiho: Y/N-ah...

You looked at him and gave him a sweet smile looking into his eyes.

Y/N: Hmm?

Jiho: You've come a far way. You weren't willing to open up to people and now you opened up your heart for love, for a man. I'm proud of you because I know how much you must've struggled to finally let your heart free from its cage you kept it guarded in. I'm finally relieved and now I don't have to worry about you being alone. You've got friends to take care of you now.

His eyes started brimming with tears. You widened your eyes and lifted your hands to wipe his tears but he moved his face away.

Jiho: Don't worry about me from now on. Live your life happily and don't think about me.

Your voice was shaking but you held yourself back from crying.

Y/N: Why are you being like this hyung? You're scaring me.

Jiho: Don't be scared, you'll be fine. I just want to tell you to keep your friends close and they will look after you like I did. And I'm very thankful for your love and kindness and I can never repay you for what you've done for me. But I love you very much.

Y/N: Why are you talking like this? What happened suddenly?

His tears kept falling as he smiled painfully.

Jiho: I'm leaving Y/N-ah. I'm leaving the country and going somewhere far away. I need to go. But I'll be relieved now because I know after I leave there are people who can look after you. So live your life happily and don't think about me. I know we had very little time together but I'm happy you were a part of my life. And I love you my baby sis.

He leaned forward and cupped your face as he kissed your forehead. You held his hand and closed your eyes. He pulled away but he held your hand.

Y/N: But we can still keep in contact.

Jiho: I won't be able to.

Y/N: Then I'll wait for you. I don't' care how long it takes. I will wait here for you.

Jiho: I don't know if I'll be able to come back or not.

At this point it was getting harder for you to hold your emotions in, especially after seeing him like this weak and fragile in front of you. You held his hand tight.

Y/N: Where are you going?

Jiho: I'm going somewhere far.

Fear crept into you. You prayed it wouldn't be what you thought it was.

Y/N: Are you...?

He pulled his hand out of your grip and wiped his tears and spoke in a cold tone.

Jiho: This is my goodbye. After this you won't see me because I'll be leaving soon. This is where it ends for us. Move forward with your life now and don't dwell on the past. Just know that I always love you very much no matter where I am. Bye.

He kissed your hand and let it go. Your heart ached as your fingers slipped through his grasp.

Y/N: No, I can't live without you. Hyung I had nothing when I came here but you became my everything. And now you can't just take away that everything from me. I'll wait for you no matter how long. Just tell me that you're coming back. Just tell me that you'll come back no matter what. P-Pl-Please, please.

Jiho: Don't make this harder for me than it already is.

Y/N: You're saying I'm supposed to let you go just like that?

He got out of the car and opened your door and pulled you out of your seat.

Jiho: Yes, let me go.

You hugged him and he hugged you back, both holding each other tightly. He pulled out and kissed your nose.

Jiho: Let me go.

You nodded your head with a heavy heart just so it would be less difficult for him because even now you knew he had a reason. He always had a reason.

Y/N: It's not easy, but just for you.

He smiled and ruffled your hair. He looked at you one last time and went to his car and drove without looking back.

You watched as his car went out of your sight. It took you some time but you finally got your feet moving. You entered your apartment and closed the door... 

and you broke down.