Chapter 22

He called his driver and he immediately came with a bag which he handed over to Namjoon as you settled down. Namjoon removed a towel from the bag and moved closer to you. He started drying your hair using the towel. His face was so close to yours as his eyes roamed around your face, focused on drying your hair. Meanwhile you were focusing on all of his features. His sparkling eyes, his eyebrows raised as he was so focused, his lips parted and his hair wet from earlier. His eyes met yours and you couldn't look away. He broke into a huge smile.

Namjoon: You stare at me at every chance you get, don't you?

Y/N: You look beautiful every time I look at you so I can't help it.

Namjoon: Wah! When did you become this bold?

Y/N: I'm just saying the truth.

Namjoon was blushing and it was fun watching someone else being teased for once.

Y/N: You gave me your sweatshirt to keep me warm, but you yourself threw me in the water making my clothes completely soaked.

Namjoon: Oh? Sorry, I completely forgot about that. Umm-

Y/N: It's okay, I'm fine. Just your car seats will be wet too so.

Namjoon: That's not a problem but, sorry for making your clothes wet. You must be cold.

Y/N: Not really, I'm fine.

You lied because you didn't want him to feel bad. You had fun after all. You played on the beach and he made you laugh after a long time. You were finally feeling happy and safe, the latter which you hadn't felt for years.

Namjoon handed you a towel. You looked at him confused.

Namjoon: Shouldn't you return the favor?

Y/N: Huh? What favor?

Namjoon: Forget it.

He grabbed the towel back from your lap and you snatched it again and laughed.

Y/N: I'll do it.

You said as you scooted closer to him to reach his hair. You sat on your knees and started drying his hair gently.

Namjoon: Wow!

Y/N: What?

Namjoon: Your mustache is better than mine.

He said touching the area above your lips under your nose.

Namjoon: hehehehe- It's soft and ticklish.

Y/N: Umm hm, it's precious! Handle it with care.

Namjoon: You're the first girl who wasn't offended by me saying this. But to be honest, I was just kidding. It's completely normal to have facial hair, we're humans. Hair growth is not in our control.

Y/N: I know, but don't take credit. Mine is still better than yours.

He eyed you up and down.

Namjoon: Jiho was right. You are a different species.

Y/N: Yah! What did that boomer tell you?

Namjoon: A lot of things.

He chuckled.

Namjoon: But Y/N-ah...

Namjoon turned towards you as you both were now facing each other. He took your hands in his again as he spoke.

Namjoon: Would you mind telling me what happened in the crowd earlier?