Gym Buddies

De Imuser304

[slow updates] Modern Rock Lee x fem reader (she/her until ch 42, then they/them for the rest) After moving a... Mai multe

a/n
pt. 1 - The beginning
pt. 2 - Metal
pt. 3 - Officially Yours
pt. 4 - Unwanted Visitor
pt. 5 - He's My Ex
pt. 6 - An Explanation
pt. 7 - Hungry
pt. 8 - Technically
pt. 9 - Bullies
pt. 10 - Ramenopolis
pt. 11 - Love Like This
pt. 12 - A Duet
pt. 13 - Breakfast Palace
pt. 14 - Lotus
pt. 15 - "The Museum Chapter"
pt. 16 - School Lunches
pt. 17 - Water Bottle
pt. 18 - Mom's Curry
pt. 19 - Nightmares
pt. 20 - With Everything I Am
pt. 21 - Avoidance
pt. 22 - How do You Talk to a Dead Man?
pt. 23 - A Surprise For Sure
pt. 24 - Suki
pt. 25 - A Twisted Fate
pt. 26 - Bed Bound
pt. 27 - Out of Body Experience
pt. 28 - The Mess I am
pt. 29 - A Quiet Decision
pt. 30 - Proof of a Soulmate
pt. 31 - One Night Left
pt. 32 - Showers
Pt. 33 - A Second Plan
pt. 34 - The Same Casts
pt. 35 - Early Departure
pt. 36 - Catching up with Dad
pt. 38 - Goodbyes That Weren't Supposed to Be
pt. 39 - An Ending and Beginning
pt. 40 - Midnight Chats
pt. 41 - Aftermath (a/n at the end is important)
get ready for the a/n extravaganza
part X

Pt. 37 - An Emergency

58 3 11
De Imuser304

[three weeks later]

Though I'm still walking on my crutches, I'm healing, and a little more mobile.

"(Y/n), hey," Lee whispered. It was early, too early. Maybe three a.m. and I was not really to be up. "Are you awake?" Unfortunately I was, and I wasn't sure why. It felt like something was off, and it was keeping me up.

"Yeah, what's up?" I groaned, and turned to him, snuggling into his chest.

"Is something bothering you?" He wrapped me up in his arms and kissed my forehead.

"I think so but I don't know what," I explained. He began stroking my hair and massaging my scalp to help me to sleep. "but why are you awake?"

"You seem tense, and, I guess I felt that from you. Are you worried about something?"

"I don't know. I've been thinking about my dad a lot, and I... it's making me nervous. He's not going to be around much longer, and I'm really scared." Lee held me tighter and rested his head on mine.

"I wish I knew how to comfort you, my Lotus. I know it is scary, but I will always be here for you."

"That's good enough. I wouldn't know how to comfort me, either, but thank you for being here."

"I always will be. I love you."

"And I love you. You're my world."

"I am so lucky to have you, my lotus." I smiled nervously, still thinking back to my dad. Lee and I just laid there for a while. He continued to run his fingers down my hair and back, letting me know how much he cares and that he's not going to let me be alone.

But the problem came when Lee got up to use the restroom. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. It was at most 4 in the morning. My phone started ringing, so, in my early morning haze, I picked up.

It was mom, and she was sobbing.

"m-mom?"

"(y/n)- y-you should- come soon- he's- he's been coughing up blood- a-and that is supposed to mark ab-about- a day and a half-"

"Mom, mom, slow down, what's going on?" I was a little confused, I could hear her just fine, but her crying made it difficult to understand.

"He's not going t-to make it to Friday," she choked out.

It's Wednesday.

Lee came back in the room.

"I- I'll be there as soon as I- I can- umm... don't- don't worry, mom, I'm... I'm coming," my head started spinning, and Lee sat back behind me.

"(y/n)?" he asked softly, immediately I pulled myself into his arms. "Hey, what's wrong?"

"I- I was right to worry about him. I need to go home. To my parents. He's..."

"He is not... gone yet, right?"

I shook my head into his chest and let my tears drip onto his pajamas. "but he won't... friday."

"Oh. I see. Okay so... start looking for flights, and I can take Metal to my dad's. We will go together, and.. yeah."

"Yeah?"

"yeah. I will call Kakashi, he is normally awake by now. Just find the soonest one possible, and we will take that. If you pay for my ticket, I can venmo you the money back or-"

"No, no, I got it covered. I've been saving money for this flight since I decided I was moving here, so don't worry about it."

"Are- are you sure? I know last minute flights are expensive, and-"

"Yes. I've got enough saved up, and we can... plan ahead to leave for the way back so it's not so expensive. It's okay, please just..."

"Okay, yeah. I- I will- yeah." Lee got back up with his phone, and dialed Kakashi.

Kakashi picked up rather quickly, not sounding tired at all.

Lee explained the situation and Kakashi immediately invited Metal to come stay with them while we were out.

And lucky for me the soonest flight was in three hours, and only took two to get to the airport closest to my parents. I bought the tickets, and Lee placed his hand on my shoulder, sliding down my arm and to my hand, interlocking our fingers.

"I will be with you this whole time, so no matter what happens, if you need me, I will hold your hand. I know this is a hard time in your life, and if you need space, I can respect that. But I will still do anything for you to make you feel loved and happy. You will not ever feel alone with me, alright?"

"You say you don't know how to comfort me, but, Lee... That's one of your... best qualities. You always comfort me, and I love that you do. If I'm being honest, I wish I was a little better at comforting people. I'm glad I have you." I rested my head against him for a moment. "I guess you should probably... get Metal to your dad's place."

"Yeah. Would you mind packing some clothes for me while I am out? And we can grab some breakfast at the airport, I will pay since you covered the flight costs."

"Alright. I'll come with you to get Metal up," I picked up my crutches and moved along with Lee to Metal's room.

I stood at the door, waiting for Lee to get him up. "Hey, Metal," he whispered, waking the kid up.

"Hhuh?" he groaned and opened his eyes.

"You are going to go back to Grandpa's house for a while while mama and I are out, okay?"

"O-okay." Lee picked up Metal and brought him to me. I kissed his head, then looked up and kissed Lee.

"I will be back after a while. Stay safe, and... do not worry. Okay?"

"Mmhmm. I'll see you later, Lee."

[(y/n) spent the next hour and a half packing and getting ready to go, meanwhile - Lee's POV]

I made it to my dad's house with Metal still asleep and set up in the guest room.

Dad was still asleep, but Kakashi was up making some muffins.

"Kakashi can I talk to you for a minute before I leave?"

"What's up, Lee?"

"So... I may have gotten a ring already. I wanted to propose on our next date, but... I do not know. She seems so worried, and I do not want to stress her out even more."

"Well, how serious is her father's illness?"

"He will not make it to... the end of the weekend."

"Oh. That's no good, then. I think I would wait for a while. Wait until you know she's in a good place mentally, if shes not, well, she might say no, or yes, just because she feels pressure to decide. So yeah. Wait until you know for a fact that she is ready to decide."

"Okay. Thank you, Kakashi. And thanks for taking Metal again. It is a huge help."

"Anytime, Lee. Here, take some of these for you and (y/n)." He gave me a few muffins for breakfast.

"Alright. See you later." I left the house and finally went back home, calling (y/n) on the way back, all the way back to our house.

She had already packed everything she needed and gotten ready to go. I needed to change my clothes, then I'd be ready to go.

[Ten minutes later.]

"Alright, let's get out of here," I had already ordered an Uber to come pick us up to get to the airport. We ate the muffins on the way, and after about an hour, we were boarded onto the plane, and took off.

(Y/n) took the window seat, me right next to her, the plane not nearly as full as it could be. I kept her hand securely in mine to see if I could keep her calm and help her relax. Her head was leaning on my arm until she fell asleep for about an hour, waking up only a few minutes before arriving. As soon as we were on the ground she was worked up again, constantly denying that she had tears in her eyes.

As we waited to be picked up by Kenma, (y/n) still stayed panicked. I got her to look at me, and held her face. "It is okay if you need to cry, (y/n). Remember, I am right here." Tears streamed down her cheeks, and I could only wipe them away. I held her as close as I could, letting her cry into me.

[a/n

I CAUSE NOTHING BUT DESTRUCTION AND PAIN, FEAR ME, MY MORTAL READERS!!!! MWAHAHA!!]

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

82.9K 4.2K 28
i want to talk to you until there's nothing left to say. and then i want to show you the way i love you like everything but a friend. <꒱ ‧₊˚ ⋅ stol...
7.8K 320 19
Ohayō! You're a 28 year old Jonin living in the Hidden Leaf Village. You've always played things by the book, never straying from what you were taugh...
19.9K 579 30
🔞 Mature warning 🔞 The story contains adult themes, vulgarism, profanity, lewdness, and obscene material. On my AO3 and Pixiv Novel sections, you...
430K 12.3K 33
You are the younger cousin of Hinata Shoyo and has moved to Tokyo to pursue your degree. When you arrived at the given address, you were greeted by a...