Overwhelmed

By mooitsme

When your swimming career leads you to becoming a successful minecraft youtuber, you find that new opportunit... More

backstory
my bad...
damage control
nerves
woman pog
meet the boys
moving
welcome to orlando
clay
run if you can
phone call
sapdaddy strikes
GeorgeNotHere
a call from tom
goodbye orlando
beating heart
sparkly cane
a friend
empty home
streaming
prelims
voicemails
an ocean
a black room
hewo
gogy
mirror
fireflies
happy birthday
chicken
nightmares
good morning
cool sand
home once more
bonus: a day off

sorry come again?

3.3K 71 100
By mooitsme

...need any help unpacking?

huh?

i'm in orlando too
just figured i could help if you needed it

oh cool. are you visiting or do you live here?

i live here

uh, well if you wanna help, that's fine, but i'm
sure we can manage 
wait. 
uhhh

what?

um, idk what you look like

that's okay. i don't really know what you look like either

i guess...
but i'm not supposed to know what you look like
plus my family?

lol do you think that absolutely no one knows me?
i do have friends irl you know

uhh i guess

well, it's up to you
i'm fine with your people seeing me
as long as you don't post who i am or something

okay... then is tomorrow okay?

yea sure. just send me ur address. 
what time?

idk. we'll probably start early, but you don't need to
come until later. 

nah i'll come early

sleep?

for the weak

clay... you have to sleep

you sound like my mom

i'll take that as a compliment

ur stubborn

i know. u like it

i do

...he does??? This is news to me. God, STOP Y/N! STOP FANTASIZING! THIS IS REAL LIFE NOT ONE OF THOSE WEIRD FANFICTIONS! Okay... moving on

~time skip~
*the next morning*

"Hey, get up sleepyhead," I whisper into Tom's ear, causing him to nearly fall off the couch. He picks up his phone and groans.

"It's seven a.m. why the fuck am i awake right now?"

"Mmm I have a surprise for you and I thought you might want to have more time to prepare." I grin but he grumbles at me.

"There's not a single thing on this earth that is worth waking up early for."

"Ooh I beg to differ Tommy."

"Ew don't call me that. What is it?" he asks, finally sitting up.

"Well... I might have invited a friend to come help unpack."

"One of your olympic people?" He rubs his eyes and begins to lay back down. I giggle a little.

"No, no Thomas. One of my minecraft people." This sends him sitting straight up, eyes wide awake. I grin.

"WHO?? Y/N?! TELL ME!" I double over on the floor laughing while he shakes me furiously. 

"Yours truly," says a voice from the doorway. "Your mom let me in."

My stomach drops to my feet. I don't even want to look. Thomas is staring, but I can't bring myself to turn around. It's his voice, of course. I'd never forget it.

"Um, are you gonna look at me or..." I shake my head slowly, lifting my hood up and tightening it over my eyes.

"No, I'm okay." I stand up and turn around, but thankfully I can't see through the hood. 

"Ohhh, so you're just gonna unpack like that? Sounds efficient."

"Good thing I got help."

"Fine. If I have to do everything..." I assume he's talking about unpacking, but soon I find myself wrapped in someone's embrace. God, he even smells good. What am I saying?! In a moment of distraction, he manages to take the strings from my hand and loosen them completely. 

I shut my eyes as tight as I can. "Hey y/n!! Can you come down and set the table for breakfast?" my mom yells from downstairs.

"I got it!" Tom shouts, jumping up. I hear him leaving the room, but I refuse to open my eyes still. Clay gently slides the hood off of my head, his fingers fumbling with my hair for a moment before backing away. My stomach fills with butterflies and i'm certain my face is bright red.

"C'mon moo. It's just me." His voice is soft like he's trying to calm an anxious pet, but not condescending. 

"It doesn't feel right seeing your face. It's supposed to be a secret." He chuckles.

"But I told you I was okay with it. It's kinda too late to back out now. I'm staying to unpack so you can either look or go blind all day. Plus, your house is like 10 minutes away from me, so this probably won't be the only time I'm here." He pauses. "If that's okay with you, of course."

"Will you cover my eyes with something?.. so that I can open them but not see you right away?" I hear him shuffle around and a piece of fabric covers my eyes. "Okay... okay. I'm gonna do it. Don't uncover my eyes yet." I force my eyes open and find that the only thing covering them is the see-through curtain on the window next to me.

"DREAM!" I shut my eyes again as fast as I can, but it's too late. I've already seen him. Even if only for a second, his smirking face is burned into my brain. 

"You didn't specify!" Without even meaning it to happen, hot tears begin to fall from my eyes. Instead of opening them completely, I stare at the ground. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to make you cry, moo." Once again, I'm in his arms, but this time I can see that he's wearing a sweatshirt of his own merch.

"I'm okay, sorry. I just- I don't know. Kinda overwhelming?" I pull back from him so that I can see his face clearly. Great. He's fucking hot. How fortunate for me.

"I'm sorry, y/n. I should have let you do it on your own..." 

"No, no. I-" I pause for a moment. "I'm glad you did that. I guess I just thought I'd never actually see your face."

"Well unfortunately for your eyes, you're seeing it right now."

"Unfortunately?!" I snort, then realize what I just said. "Uhh..." he laughs.

"You're cute... You look a lot different from the older pictures."

"I like to think that's a good thing," I say, laughing. Then, I realize that I'm still wearing the clothes from our car trip and I haven't showered either. "OH MY GOD I LOOK LIKE TRASH I'M SO SORRY! I HAVEN'T EVEN CHANGED."

He starts to say something, but I run past him to my dresser where I unpacked a few boxes of clothes the night before. "Listen, I'm gonna shower and get ready... you go eat. okay?"

"Okay. But you look fine." He smiles.

"It hurts, Clay. It really does."

"What?! What hurts?" he asks, panicking.

"You. Lying STRAIGHT to my face." With that, I leave, locking myself in the bathroom and leaning against the door, heart racing. I hear him leave and I calm down a little bit. Okay. It's over with.

(...you do NOT have to look like that. I definitely don't, but I liked the outfit :) anyway, continue on slaying. oh and btw i just found this on pinterest)

Okay, so maybe the clothes I put on are nicer than I would've if it was just my family... but this is Dream we're talking about! Besides, my parents will probably want to take pictures of me later, so I should try to look decent anyway.

I quickly put two dutch braids in my hair (or whatever style you want, short hair queens slay too) and head downstairs. I can hear everyone talking and laughing in the kitchen as I walk down the stairs. 

"Hey! There she is!" my dad says, turning more eyes to me than I'm comfortable with. I smile and sit down on the counter by Thomas. "Sorry sweetheart for the setup. We were gonna eat at the table, but all the chairs are in the back of the truck!" Everyone laughs and I giggle along. Maybe it won't be so bad

To be continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.4K 886 50
Clay isn't accepted as homosexual by his parents and seeks support from his best friends, Cooper and Selena, who always help him no matter what. Howe...
431K 8.3K 49
if you find this and yk who i am,,, im sorry You just turned 20 and needed somewhere to go after collage, luckily your best friends sapnap has a roo...
253K 2.6K 62
| Requests are closed! 🔹️ Finished Incl.: -💛Dreamnap -💜Dnf -🖤The DreamSMP -🤍Dreamnapfound -💚Dreamxreader -🧡Sapnapxreader -💙Georgexreader -❤Ka...
11.5K 391 32
DreamNotFound University AU This book will be in First Person unless mentioned otherwise. George is a university student. He works in a McDonald's to...