mirror

George looks over at the door then back at us. "Did you guys invite someone else?" Nick and I both shrug and shake our heads no. Man, we should really look into the acting business. "Hmm... Maybe my mom is stopping by."

Nick and I follow behind George as he approaches the door slowly. He glances through the peephole then turns around. "It's literally just a random guy. I don't know if I should open the door." My stomach does a little flip. C'mon George. Don't ruin this for yourself, I think.

"Oh come on dude. You think the three of us can't take him?! We've got y/n. No one can stop us," Nick whispers, holding his fists in a fighting stance. George giggles a little then nods and reaches for the handle. My heart is pounding in anticipation.

As he swings the door open, George steps back a little as if expecting some kind of attack. When none comes he says, "Uh, hello. How can I help you?"

Clay just twiddles his thumbs for a moment leaving us all in a semi-awkward silence on George's front step. Suddenly, he looks up and stares straight into George's eyes. Even I feel intimidated by that stare and it isn't directed at me. "Wassup peeps?" Clay says finally.

"WHAT THE HELL?! NO FUCKING WAY!" I don't think I've ever heard George swear so passionately. In a moment, he's holding Clay in a tight hug. At first I think he's crying when I see his body shake, but I'm relieved to find that he's just nervous giggling his head off.

Once he and Clay have said their hellos and gotten through the first round of comments, George finally invites Clay inside. His hair is pretty wet from the drizzle, but he doesn't seem to mind. We all sit down in the living room again. Nick and George settle on a little love seat-type couch and I sit in one of the single chairs.

Instead of sitting on another chair or the larger couch, Clay settles on the carpet in front of me, leaning against the front of my chair for support. George continues telling us all about the places we just HAVE to visit while we're here. Carefully as not to alert anyone else in the room of my actions, I start fiddling with Clay's wet hair which has twisted into loose curls.

He adjusts his head so that it's sitting between my legs and I take it as approval to continue. Nick carries the conversation, mostly letting me by with only a little comment here and there. It's not that I don't want to talk to George. I just feel so exhausted and the adrenaline is fading.

Apparently I'm not the only person to be feeling this because after a while, small snores come from a sleeping Clay. His head is leaned against my thigh, so I can't move much. George notices first and gasps. After following George's idiotic pointing, Nick sees his sleeping friends as well.

I have to warn both of them to be quiet as they try to get the best pictures possible from across the room. Nick winks at me when George isn't looking, but I just roll my eyes in response. Eventually they calm down and resume their conversation, occasionally glancing back over at Clay and I.

I don't remember falling asleep, but the next time I wake up, I'm laying in a bed that I don't recognize. Well, of course I don't recognize it... This isn't my house. One glance around and I know I have to be in George's room. I feel like I've seen these sheets in one of his streams when he took the green screen down.

I get out of his bed as quietly as possible in case other people are sleeping and walk over to the window. When I pull the curtains aside, I'm surprised to find that the sun is setting. It had to be early afternoon at the earliest when I fell asleep.

Still moving as silently as possible, I open the door and walk through the foreign hallway. In another room, I hear all three boys laughing. I follow their voices until I reach the living room again. George notices me in the doorway and stands up to greet me.