a call from tom

It's been three busy weeks since I moved to Orlando. Sure, the times of my practices are the same, but they're really knocking me out now. Playing minecraft is slowly becoming less of a hobby and more of a chore. It's not that I don't like it... It's just so chaotic and most of the time, I don't have the energy to deal with it.

Nick went home after a week because he had exams. My exams were last week. That's where most of my stress has been coming from. Lately, it feels like Clay has been at my house more than not. I gave him a key just in case I ever remember to lock my door, but it's like he never leaves... not that I'm complaining. Now that final exams are done, I'll hopefully be able to spend more time actually hanging out with him...

I never did that stream with a facecam since I got so busy, but Clay reminds me regularly that the offer still stands. Right now, i'm driving home from another tough swim practice. Prelims are in only a month, so we've been going extra hard. When I walk into my house, Clay is still sitting on my couch, typing something on his laptop. 

"Hey! How was practice?" he asks.I grunt in response and lay on the floor in front of him. "That good, huh? C'mere, let me brush your hair out." I sit up in front of him and he grabs one of my combs off the side table. He's so careful that I fear he may never get through all the knots. Fortunately, he does eventually brush them out and begins playing with my hair. 

"As amazing as that feels, I really can't start getting sleepy already," I say, moving his hands and turning around. 

"Why? You should take a nap. I could use some sleep anyway." I roll my eyes at him. It's his fault he never goes to bed, but a nap does sound tempting.

"Nah... I should stream or something. It's been a while."

"Why don't I stream on your account and say you're busy or something," he suggests.

"Very sweet, but kind of a weird idea. I'll be okay. I'll just stream for a little while then be done."

"Can I play with you?"

"Sure, but I'm just gonna chill on your server."

"Okay. I'll talk to you in a little bit." He hesitates before standing up, but I give him my hand and pull him off the couch. "If you decide to nap instead... just tell me."

"I won't dork. See ya." I practically push him out the door which is a lot harder than I thought it'd be. I know I need some more sleep, but I still need to be considerate of my fans. Since last month, I've grown to seven million subscribers on Youtube. It's pretty insane what hanging out with Dream can lead to. 

green bitch

i'm about to start. ts?

already in

okay just a sec

"Hey!" I say, logging into the teamspeak.

"Feeling any better?" he asks.

"It's been fifteen minutes... I'm feeling about the same as before." He chuckles. "Okay, I'm gonna start the stream now. Ready?" He says yes, so I click the start button. A few people pop in right away, but most will come when the notification goes out. 

"Hey guys! How're you all doing?" I ask as more people stream in. The chat explodes with 'hello's and 'good's and numerous variations of random giberish.

Immediately, a donation chimes in.

$15.00 Do you still remember us?? It's Mia and Maggie :) 
-Juicebox_mia

"Aww thank you so much for the dono Mia and Maggie! I do remember you guys from a while ago! I'm so glad you're still here!"

$10.00 are you gonna do a face reveal soon?
-droosupremacy

"Haha, I'm actually not really a faceless streamer, but I might try a webcam stream at like 10 million or something. Thank you so much for the donation, though!"

"Hey, can you hear me?" Dream asks as I unmute our ts.

"Yeah, you're good. Wanna say hi?"

"Hey chat! What's up?"

Chat
droo forever
woah dream again. wut a surprise
hi :)
who's been here since she started streaming
nooo pls show your face
aren't you a swimmer?????
PLEASE NOTICE ME

"Okay, I think most everyone who's coming is here, so we can get started." Dream and I log onto the SMP. I still don't really have much of a base, but all the time I've spent on here in the last few weeks was spent gathering resources. I'm considering mining some more, but it's about time I made myself a base

"Hey George and Sapnap wanna be in our call. Is that fine?" 

"Yeah, of course."

"AYE!" George shouts the moment he can.

"Hey gogy. What's up?"

"Don't start calling me that. Don't you even dare."

The stream is really fun overall. Dream goes off with Sapnap for most of it, but George stays behind to help my build a cool little house. My only requirement is that the doorway is a giant arch, so he goes pretty wild with the different supplies I give him. 

Honestly, my base looks like a five year old built it, but I like it. Besides, it'll probably be burned down eventually. "Okay guys... I think I'm gonna end the stream! Thank you so so much for joining me. The boys all say goodbye and I log off, raiding another small streamer. 

I change into Clay's sweatshirt- which I still haven't given back- and some shorts before curling up on my bed with a movie. After only about twenty minutes, my phone starts ringing.

One incoming call from tom-*not*- holland :((

"Hey Tom, what's up? I feel like it's been forever!"

"Uh, hello? Is this y/n?" Suddenly, I'm wide awake and standing up.

"Yeah, this is her. How can I help you?"

"You're on the emergency contact list for this phone..." Oh my God. "Thomas Clevenger just arrived at the hospital in a coma. His family members aren't answering. Are you available to come in and register him?"

"I-uh- where is he?"

"Beaumont Hospital. Royal Oak, Michigan."

"I live in Florida, but I can fly back as soon as possible."

"Alright miss. We'll call you if anyone else picks up, but someone has to make his medical decisions... just in case."

"Okay. Thank you. Bye." A flight that leaves tomorrow morning feels like it's ages away, but it's the best I can find. Oh, Thomas. What the hell did you do?

To be continued...