backstory

Y/N perspective

I was famous before I even knew it. It had come so suddenly. My swim career took off in my senior year of high school and from there I haven't stopped going. Once I got under a 1:10 in the 100 breastroke, several colleges asked me to swim for them. However, it was the request from UofM that really set me up for success.

After only one year on the UofM girls team, my times were low enough to go to olympic trials. So... I did. I can't begin to explain the feelings I felt when we got the call. They wanted me for the American Olympic Team. I couldn't believe it. I was so young.

It's only been six months since I was accepted onto the team and began swimming with them and in that time, my social media platform has grown tremendously. However, many of my followers don't even realize that I'm an olympic swimmer... They're there from my Minecraft streams and youtube videos.

When I first joined to swim team for the olympics, I was completely overwhelmed by practices, school, occasional meets for the UofM team, and having a personal life. I ended up having a complete mental breakdown which had me hospitalized for a few days. Once they finally let me come home, my doctor told me I needed to take the rest of the week off of swimming.

I was crushed. I was terrified, even. What if they gave up my spot? What if they thought I couldn't handle it? To take my mind off of my worries, I decided to log onto my old minecraft account which had sat dormant for many years.

It only took those few days for me to realize how much fun I could have playing minecraft. I told my best friend, Thomas how much fun I was having and he suggested I film a video or two and see if it would help my stress. I had no idea how to go about this, but thankfully my parents had hired someone to be a sort of manager for me.

Although Lucy started as my manager, she's definitely become much more than that. She helped me get the right setup to film a video and talked me through the process. I told her I didn't need anything detailed... After all, I wasn't planning on posting these. I just wanted to do it for fun. I had spent most of my teenage years watching Dream, GeorgeNotFound, and other youtubers, so making my own video sounded fun.

Thomas joined me in Bedwars and I started filming. Since I had never played before, Tom had to teach me everything. After a few rounds, I realized my strategizing combined with quick thinking and some skill was making me really good at the game.

After much convincing, I released the video on youtube and posted a link on my Instagram story. The next day when I woke up, I had nearly 20k views on the video and hundreds of subscribers. I was so excited that I called Thomas immediately and begged him to film another video with me.

Even after the week was up and I went back to swim practice, I continued to film videos and my fan base grew from just those who followed my swimming to many who just followed my minecraft. In only four months, I had two million subscribers on youtube and almost a million followers on Instagram.

And that brings us to now. In fact, I just got home from swim practice and I'm about to sit down and stream. As I set up my stream, I realize that I don't really know what I want to do. Whatever. I'll let the chat decide tonight, I think.

Once the notification goes out, people start joining at an alarming rate. I don't think I've ever had so many people join at once before.

"Hey chat! How are you all tonight?"

CHAT
hey Y/N! :))
OMG I can't believe I caught her stream
What are we doing
How are you?
It's so late! Don't you ever sleep
Bedwars!!! PLZZZZZZ

I giggle as I read through as many comments as I can. They're going pretty fast today. Thomas joins my discord after a few minutes.

"Hey! What's up?"

"Not much. I'm streaming, though. Say hi to the chat."

"Hello chat. What's up?"

"You wanna play some bedwars?"

"I'm always down for bedwars."

We log onto a server and start playing. A donation comes through and I hear it being read aloud.

$20.00 Can you please say hi to Mia and Maggie?
-Juicebox_mia

"Hello Mia and Maggie! I hope you guys are doing great. Thank you so much for the dono!"

then

"Oh fuck! Thomas our bed is gone! I thought you were at the base." He doesn't respond. "Thomas? Dude where'd you go?"

"Sorry Y/N! I had to call my sister. I'm back now."

"Oh that's fine. Everything all right?"

"Of course!"

I continue streaming for a couple hours, but when I see a notification pop up that dreamwastaken is streaming, I bid my chat goodnight and raid his stream.

I've just logged on to watch his stream for myself when I get a call from my manager, Lucy.

"Hey, what's up?"

"You'll never believe what just happened."

"Tell me!," I insist.

"So, I was watching your stream and I noticed that you sent your viewers to Dream, right?"

"Uh... yeah. Wait, you were watching my stream?"

"Yeah! I love watching you play! Plus my daughter wanted to watch it. Anyway, that's not the point. So... I was gonna wait to tell you once I was sure about it... but I might have just changed your freaking life."

"Just tell me already, Lucy!"

"Okay okay... So, Clay, also known as Dream, just called- well his manager did- and asked if you wanted to collab with him and some of his friends playing minecraft or among us."

"Lucy if you're fucking with me right now, I will murder you."

To be continued...