clay

Clay's POV

When I got to y/n's house, I was amazed at how nice it was. I mean, I know she probably makes plenty of money, but GEEZ. Not that I was complaining... I was hoping to start hanging out with her more and what better place to do it? Jk that makes me sound like a freak. Whatever... let's move on, shall we? 

When I knocked on the door, a middle aged woman opened it. "Oh you must be Clay! Y/n told us you would be coming, but I wasn't sure what time." She let me inside and directed me to a small living area upstairs. I guess y/n didn't hear me come in because she was still talking to her friend.

She was telling him she had a surprise, but he was too sleepy to care. He sure woke up when he realized it might be me. I've met fans, but it's weird to think that my videos are such a big part of other people's lives. Once she had his attention, she refused to tell him what the surprise was. Her giggle immediately made me laugh. It was gentle and comfortable, one I didn't hear in our stream or calls. 

When I said something, she went completely still. For a minute, I thought I had accidently frozen time. Thomas was staring at me, but I didn't notice it much; I had my eyes trained on y/n, waiting her to turn around. I didn't expect her to resist so must, honestly. I mean, I know she's stubborn and I wasn't lying when I texted her... I do like it. 

When I took off her hood, I had a weird urge to play with her hair. Creepy, right? I dunno, but I knew I had lingered for too long. It's true, I do have real life friends... but most of the people I hang out with are on a headset and computer screen. It's been a while since I've really hung out with people in person.

Even with her eyes glued shut, hair messy from sleep, and crinkled sweats, I knew she was beautiful. I was suddenly a bit self conscious. When she asked me to cover her eyes, I grabbed the see through curtain behind her so that it would be over with quickly. It was selfish, honestly, but I didn't realize she cared so much.

My heart broke in two when she cried. I wanted to stop existing right then. I don't know why I had grown to be so emotionally attached to this girl in such a small period of time, but it was painful. 

Once she had opened her eyes and looked at me, the feelings of insecurity surged over me again. By instinct, I made a joke about my appearance, hoping it would soften the blow if she agreed. But... she seemed flustered. And in that moment, it seemed like she was genuinely embarrassed by accidently implying I wasn't unfortunate to look at.

So, I called her cute. How. freaking. lame. Thankfully, she got distracted. After randomly calling her cute, I was a little out of sorts and I can only hope she couldn't tell. I think she rushed off to shower, but my brain was on autopilot.

While she showered, I sat in her room for a while, just taking it in. Not much was in there. Just a few boxes and a mattress. When I heard the shower turn off, I ran downstairs to the kitchen where her parents were waiting with Thomas. They greeted to me and everything was fine.

But I tell you, when she walked down the stairs, I got such a strange feeling. It was like butterflies but somehow more calm and gentle. I avoided eye contact with her, knowing I would probably blush. But I kept stealing glances, hoping not to catch her eye.

Y/n's POV

We actually have a very pleasant afternoon. My dad and I unpack my entire bedroom and even decorate a little. He's always had a good eye for decorations compared to my mom who thinks there should be orange pillows on her green couch. I notice that Clay and Thomas hit it off once Tom gets over his nerves.

By evening, I'm about ready to crash. My parents and Tom are leaving tomorrow, though, so I want to spend as much time as possible with them. Clay is still over even though I told him he could go home whenever he wanted. Everyone is in the living room now, talking about who knows what. I zoned out a while ago.

"Hey, you good?" Clay asks me, sitting beside me on the floor.

"Huh?" I ask, finally zoning back into reality.

He laughs. "You've been silent for a long time... Anything particular on your mind?" Yes, you. I want to say. But, I can't. I need to figure out how I'm feeling before I go down that rabbit hole. I barely know him. What am I even thinking?

"I am so exhausted." And that's true.

"Wanna go to bed? You don't have to wait up for anything."

I sigh, looking over at my parents who are taking turns teasing each other while Tom laughs his head off. "I dunno. They're leaving tomorrow morning... I just don't wanna say goodbye." He looks genuinely saddened by this. 

"I understand. When I moved out from my parents house it was hard enough. I can't imagine being so far away... Sorry, that probably didn't help."

"It's okay. Ugh. I'm falling asleep right now and I need to get up early and drive them to the airport. Maybe I should go to sleep."

"I know they won't care," he says. And he's right. They won't. "C'mon I'll tuck you in." I giggle, but I don't think he's kidding. I hug everyone and bid them goodnight then head upstairs, Clay following close behind. 

"Close your eyes?" I say, throwing a pillow at him. He covers his face and steps into the hallway. I change into shorts and a GeorgeNotFound sweatshirt and tell him he can come back in. 

"Ready?" he asks. I nod and crawl into bed, now feeling sleepier than before. I get comfortable under a couple blankets. He motions for me to scoot over then lays next to me on top of the covers. "Goodnight moo. Sleep well." 

I'm just letting myself drift off when I feel his finger slowly run through my hair in a rhythmic pattern. It's such a gentle touch. Part of me wants to run away and hide, but I don't. Instead, I fall asleep in his arms.

When my alarm goes off in the morning, Clay is gone, but there's something different about my room. He set up my monitors! My dad had no idea how to deal with that kind of stuff, so I told him I'd set it up later. I was kinda dreading it, honestly. 

I sit down in my desk chair and spin around once before I notice the sticky note under the keyboard. 

can we stream again soon?

Yes, Clay. We can stream again soon. Like you even had to ask you oddly seductive green bitch.

To be continued...