nerves

One incoming video call from dreamwastaken

VIDEO CALL???? I haven't even taken my hair out of a bun from swim and i'm wearing sweatpants and my own merch sweatshirt. This is embarrassing. I guess he'll just have to look at my ceiling then.

answer?
yes     or     no

...Here we go

"Uh hello?" I say. Both of our cameras are pointed at the ceiling, making me wonder why he did a video call in the first place. 

"Hey! How are you doing?" he asks. His voice sounds a little different than in his streams... I'm not sure in what sense, but it definitely doesn't sound the exact same. 

"I'm doing... okay I guess. You?"

"Really good!" There's an awkward pause and I have no idea what to say. "Anyway, sorry if this is random. I just wanted to ask you what you wanted to do for the collab."

"Over call?" I ask, then realizing it sounds kinda rude, I add, "Sorry, I didn't mean that in a jerk way... I'm just kinda awkward when it comes to phone calls... if you can't tell already."

He laughs. It's not the tea kettle laugh that he's so famous for, but rather a gentle one that you'd never hear on a stream or video. "You're okay, Y/N. I'll be honest I kinda just wanted to see your face... Oh god, that sounded so creepy. I definitely don't mean it in a weird way. I just don't know what you look like... I checked your Instagram, but I didn't really see any recent pictures of you."

Oh. My. God... Are you trying to tell me that DREAM stalked my Instagram???

"Yeah... I don't really like taking pictures a lot. But, uh, I haven't really changed or brushed my hair since practice, so you may be out of luck this time."

"Oh! I don't care. I just wanna put a face to your voice. You never stream with a facecam."

"Look who's talking!" We both laugh, but I don't want to offend him. I understand not being comfortable around a camera. "Well, I'm gonna give it a hard pass on seeing my current face... but you can probably find more recent pictures from swim meets on google or something."

"Yeah... There are some, but most of them you're in the water swimming or in a huge group of people..."

"You google searched me??"

"Are you suggesting you didn't google search me?" He has me there... Not only did I google search him, but I scrolled through his twitter, Instagram, Tik Tok, Youtube channel, and Twitch streams. Okay, okay. Maybe I'm the creep.

"Touché."

"That's what I thought. Now, can I PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE see your face for just a minute?"

"Absolutely not. Goodnight Dream," I say, getting ready to hang up.

"Clay. It's weird having you call me Dream all the time," he says.

"Okay, Clay. Talk to you later."

It takes every ounce of self control not to scream. Did I actually just get on a first name basis with Dream?.. I mean Clay ;))

dreamwastaken

You never said what you wanted to do
for the collab.

...surprise me?

okay. see you Tuesday?

maybe

why only maybe

i'll be there. you just may not see me