welcome to orlando

One incoming voice call from dreamwastaken

Tom picks up my phone to check who's calling and his mouth drops open. "You're shitting me, right?" I shake my head and hope he doesn't go full fanboy on me. 

"Listen, I'm gonna answer it, but you have to be quiet unless I say so. Promise?" He draws a cross on his heart and giggles. "Eyes on the road, weirdo."

answer?
yes     
or     no

"Hey Clay, what's up?" Thomas starts freaking out, mouthing 'clay' silently with wide eyes. I shake my head at him and motion him to shut up.

"Hey! Not much. Just bored. What are you up to?" At this point, Thomas looks like he's about to pass out from excitement. I mouth for him to calm down, but he keeps silently screaming.

"Uh, I'm actually driving down to Florida with my friend Thomas. Uh, you're on speaker, but I can change it if you don't want to be."

"No no! That's fine! Hey Tom, how are you? I've seen you play a lot on y/n's streams. You're really good." One look at Thomas tells me he's about to burst. 

Just as I'm about to tell him to stop, he lets out a squeal that could have come from his eight year old sister. "Thomas, calm down. God, you're such an idiot sometimes."

"Tough love, huh?" Dream asks, apparently unphased by the screech.

"Hehe... yeah. Um. Hi... I'm a uh big fan mr. dream."

"Did you just call him 'mr. dream'????" I burst out laughing. 

"Shut up Y/N! I'm NERVOUS!" I hear Clay giggle on the other end. 

"Uh... okay well I'm gonna switch it to my phone... wanna say goodbye to Dream?" I ask Thomas. As much fun as it is watching him freak out, i'd rather get to Florida in one piece.

"Wait! No! I'll be calm, I swear."

"And keep your eyes on the road?" I ask.

"Yea..." he says sheepishly. 

"Fine. Anyways, if you can't tell, I wasn't lying about us watching all of your videos." I laugh, still a little flustered by Tom's reaction. 

"Yeah... I believe you a little more now." Dream says. We both laugh, but Tom's face turns bright red. "So, why are you driving to Florida?"

"Oh, I'm actually moving down there to my own place. Got tired of living with my parents." 

"You're such a liar moo. You're moving down there to train. You could barely sign the papers because you were so upset about leaving your family." Thomas pipes in. I glare at him, but the damage is done.

"Training? For the olympics?" Dream asks.

"Uh, yeah. I'm still doing school through UofM, but they wanted me to come train with a few other olympic swimmers since no one else lives near me."

"Wait... like you're gonna train with Michael Phelps??" I can't help but laugh a little.

"Uhhh no I don't think so. Probably some smaller ones who are also first or second years. But that would have been cool."

"Oh awesome." Apparently Clay really was just bored because all he wants to do is have a conversation which is fine with me.

"Hey, bathroom break part two, Thomas."

"Coolio," he says, pulling off at the rest area. "You gonna drive now or do you need me to keep going?"

"I'm good. We can switch. Hey Clay, I'm gonna go, okay? Get some sleep please. It's already eleven."

"Nice try, but I'm not sleeping yet, moo."

"Did you just call her moo?" Thomas asks. The look on his face tells me he didn't mean to.

"Um... Yeah, sorry. Should I not? I just got it from her username," Clay says, obviously concerned and maybe a little embarrassed.

"No! It's okay Clay. Just not many people use it. But you're totally fine. I don't mind."

"Okay good. Well goodnight. Drive safe. Lo- uh yeah, bye."

"Bye!" I hang up and sit back in my seat.

"'Just not many people use it?' Care to explain, y/n?" Tom asks.

"Explain what? It's the truth." I respond, refusing to look away from the window.

"Uhh, what happened to 'do NOT call me that! Only the people I love get to use it!' and all that shit? You used to freaking beat kids up for calling you moo."

"Umm... I matured? Besides, it's my username. People online use it all the time."

"Hmm..." Tom reaches over and takes my phone out of my hand.

"TOM STOP WHAT ARE YOU DOING??"

"God, calm down woman. I just wanted to put the music back on. Why?? Are you hiding something? OoooOOOoooOoOhhh!" I grab my phone out of his hands and click play on the music. 

"No I'm not hiding something. I just don't trust you with my phone, that's all." He raises an eyebrow at me. "Now, get out of my seat, loser."

~time skip~

It was a long 20 hours, but we made it eventually. Thomas was driving when we got to the house. It was beautiful quite honestly. I didn't want to get such a nice one since I'd be living alone, but Thomas told me to let myself live in luxury while I could. Besides, I technically only rented it for a year. Just in case I move back to Michigan next year.

I look down at my phone

dreamwastaken

Text me when you make it, okay?

okay :)

hey!! We just made it!

Yay!!! do you like it?

uh yea... it's better than i thought honestly

Oooh send me pictures later once you get all settled in

haha i will. we're not gonna start unpacking until
tomorrow since we're all so tired.
we might go sight seeing or smthn, though

oh cool? anything in mind?

uhh idk. maybe the kennedy space center thing
my dad is super into that kind of stuff

wait
are you in orlando?

yea, why?

...need any help unpacking?

To be continued...