bonus: a day off

Today is one of the only days this month that I don't have practice for swim, so Clay and I stayed up into the ungodly hours of the night last night working through the Marvel movies one by one. By four am, we were both ready to sleep. Sure, the man has no sleep schedule, but even he gets tired every once in a while... not that he'd ever admit it.

My alarm rings out for the third time, finally forcing me to actually wake up enough to turn it off. As I reach for my phone, the mound of blankets beside me shifts to reveal a very grumpy Clay. "If that thing rings for another SECOND, I will murder someone right here, right now," he groans, stuffing a pillow over his face.

"Calm down, I'm getting it," I respond, finally stopping the awful noise. "We really should get up, though. It's like my only day off, I wanna do something." He cocks an eyebrow at me and winks.

"I can think of a few things we could do.. And we wouldn't even have to get out of bed!" He bursts out laughing as I cover my face with a blanket. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding... unless?" He winks again.

"Nice try, but that's not exactly what I had in mind," I say, trying to crawl over him to get out of bed. Instead, he wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me back down next to him.

"Don't leave," he whispers. "Not yet."

"Clayyyyyy," I groan, burying my face in his chest.

"Just five more minutes, I promise."

"Fine. But that's all." For the next ten minutes, I let him cuddle me as I watch the sun reach through the blinds and illuminate my dresser. I could lay here forever, but I meant what I said; I really want to do something fun on my day off. "Time's up, Love," I say, pulling myself out of his arms and rolling toward the edge of the bed. He reaches to pull me back, but I'm already up and walking toward the bathroom.

"Nooooooo," he drags out the word as he slowly climbs out of bed.

"Yesssssss," I mock. "Come on, it's already almost eleven. You've gotten your beauty sleep." As I begin to put my hair in a bun, he wraps his arms around me once again, burying his face in my neck.

"Are you calling me beautiful?" He questions, examining us in the mirror.

"Whatever it takes to make you get up, sure." He rolls his eyes at me, reaching for his toothbrush over my shoulder. I step to the side, blocking his hand and smile up at him.

"What? Just let me brush my teeth," he complains, frowning at me.

"You're beautiful, Clay," I state, kissing his cheek gently.

"Oh, whatever."

"I mean it! You are absolutely the most beautiful human I have EVER laid my eyes on and I love you so so so much." He rolls his eyes, but I can see the corners of his mouth twitching upward in a smile. "Now brush your teeth already. You have morning breath," I finish, pushing past him.

"Hey-" he starts, but I'm already back in the bedroom, looking for clothes. It's warm out, but I grab a sweatshirt anyway... just in case. A few minutes later, Clay finally comes out of the bathroom and starts rummaging through the closet.

"Did you brush your teeth?" I question, earning a glare from him.

"As usual, yes," he states, pulling off his t-shirt and changing into a tank top.

"Really well?" I add, enjoying his reactions.

"Yes."

"Are you sure? I mean, I just think that-" I start, but in a second, he's crossed the room and pinned me to the wall. Butterflies fill my stomach as he cocks an eyebrow at me, both of our breaths growing a little heavier.