Fight Me (Fighting #1)

By AnnabelleHazel

Violet Sinclaire only had two passions in her life: family and the arts. Violet, a talented, loved dance teac... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 7 (pt. 2)
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 3 (NOT PRIVATE)
Chapter 15 (NOT PRIVATE)

Chapter 12

19.7K 610 27
By AnnabelleHazel

Violet

I'm pretty sure I'm going to throw up.

The club where Ian fights is right under his gym, the one Carl takes care of for him. It's a dark, extremely huge room with a cage right in the middle. We are now in a small room hidden away from all the people who roar with excitement awaiting the fight.

Ian is looking up at me from his seat with an amused expression.

“Stop enjoying this. You are used to getting knocked around, but I am not used to watching it.” He chuckles, and with his free hand takes mine and kisses my wrist.

“Well, get used to it. You'll be around this a lot from now on.” Ava, who is bandaging his other hand, smiles at the words. I flush.

“He barely gets hit, Baby. It's all going to be okay.” Ava reassures me with a shrug, but I see the nervousness in her eyes..

“Need anything?” Nova asks beside me, but I know he talks to his uncle.

“The usual for the breaks between rounds, just in case he lasts more than one.” Ian says, letting go of my hand so Ava can bandage and tape his.

“I already did that.” Nova says, bouncing on his heels. Ian pats the seat beside him and the boy sits. He;s anxious. Worried.

“Thank you, Nova.” Ian says with a smile. “Are you feeling okay?” He asks quietly.

“Just anxious is all.” Nova says, squeezing his knees, knuckles white.

“Why don't you go get Tito's gloves, hon?” Ava asks. Nova nods and bolts from his seat and out of the room.

“You are not the only one anxious tonight, Baby. And you won't ever be. He gets like that.” Ava says, taping the material in-between Ian's knuckles expertly. I smile.

“That just proves that no matter how much you guys fight, he still cares.” Ian nods.

“We can be jackasses to each other sometimes, but I would give my life for that boy.” My heart flutters. Ava sniff. “Oh, you too, baby girl.” She giggles, as a tear escapes her at the guilty tone in his voice.

“I know. I just like listening to you talk like that about him.” He wipes her tear and smiles.

“I should go.” I say, finding my voice is hoarse with emotion. What are these people doing to me?

“Stay with me.” Ian says. The door opens and closes quickly. Nova and Carl walk in. Nova holds black and red gloves, which he hands over to Ian,

“We are a few minutes away from the fight, Hayden. I think it's time everyone takes their seats out there.” Carl says before noticing me. “Beautiful Violet.” He greets, kissing my cheek softly. I return the kiss with a smile.

“How are you, Carl?” He shrugs.

“On edge. I'm guessing you are too, aren't you? Hayden made you come watch him, the arrogant bastard.” I laugh in spite of the knot in my belly.

“I needed that.” I say looking from his green eyes into my favorite pair of blue-gray ones, to find them a stormy gray. His face is serious now, the tension clearly getting to him.

“Let's go outside, kids.” Says Mike cheerfully, walking in the crowded room.

“Have a good time, Tito. I love you. Good luck.” Ava says, putting a hand over his heart and kissing his cheek. He closes his eyes for a moment.

“Break a leg. Not yours, okay? I...love you.” Nova says after his sister has stepped away. He hugs Ian, who kisses him.

“I love you both. Go on now..” He mutters. Mike gives him a look.

“Kill 'em, Wolf.” Ian nods at his friend's words. “Are you coming, Violet?” I find I don't want to go. I want to kiss Ian's lips one more time, wish him good luck.

“Wait for her outside. She'll be out in a moment.” Ian says looking into my eyes. They leave us.

“C'mere.” He whispers. I walk over to him and wrap my arms around his neck. He does the same to my waist and just hugs me to him. “This will be over quickly. Don't worry.” It may seem ridiculous to you that I am this scared, but I dread that I will have to see him get hurt.

“Good luck, Knight. I'll be screaming for you, okay?” He chuckles into my neck, brushing a kiss there.

“Yes, you will.” I pull back and try to look angry, but he quickly brings my lips to his and fists his hands in my hair, angling my head to kiss me deeper. “I needed that.” He says, as I squeeze his biceps to stay on my feet. There is a knock at the door.

“I will be right in the seat where you wanted me, okay? I have to go now.” I whisper, kissing him one more time and turning away from him to open the door. Carl walks in.

“Don't speak to anyone, Violet!” Ian warns, causing Carl to bark “Warm up, you prick.” Ian glares in return. I laugh at their exchange.

“Stay with Mike at all times.” Ian says as I am about to leave the room. I turn and give him a smile.
“I'll be fine, warm up, will you?.” He tries to come after me, but Carl stops him and I close the door. I quickly start moving into the massive crowd. I survey the place, but don't find Ava, Nova or Mike. I decide to go to the packed bar that takes up nearly half of one of the huge concrete walls.

I sit in a stool and grab my cellphone.

I'm at the bar. How do I get to you guys?

I press send. I get a message, but it's not from him.

After the fight, go home.

Ian's message sends curiosity and hurt through me. Go home?

“Can I get you anything, beautiful?” A young bartender asks. I shake my head.

“No, thank you..” He nods and moves to the person next to me. I feel somebody bump into me, so hard I almost fall off my stool. I look behind me, wide-eyed.

“Forgive me, darling.” A man says in a thick English accent. His handsome features go from shocked and worried to pleased in a second.

“It's okay.” I reassure with a smile. He has salt and pepper hair and a very nice built.
“I am sorry to trouble you, but could you ask your waiter for my drink as well? I have been waiting for a while now.” I smile, completely charmed by the flush creeping up his cheeks and nod.

“What would you like?” I ask him, with a sincere smile.

“I'm easy, really.” He shrugs. Another waiter makes his way to me, seeing I have nothing to drink.

“Would you like anything?” I nod.

“Scotch on the rocks?” I ask the man. He nods, and I look at he waiter. “Please.” He nods and with a smirk he's off to get the order.

“You're quite the lady, you are.” I laugh at his tone. “Would you forgive my intrusion if I asked if you are here alone?” He asks, thanking the waiter for his drink as it is placed in front if him.

“I'm not alone. I just decided to wait here for my friend. I don't do crowds like that alone.” I explain with a shrug. He nods, tasting the scotch.

“Well, I will leave you to it, then.” He says, searching his dress pants for his wallet, I assume. He looks extremely out of place in his suite. I open my mouth to protest, but he has already put money on the table. Too much money for a water and scotch.

“You don't have to do that.” I tell him, but I am given a charming smile and a nod.
“Absolutely. How could I not​​? It has been wonderful to speak to you,” He pauses waiting for my name. Out of habit, I lie.

“Caroline.” His smile widens. I hate the feeling in my stomach, using my that name again after so many years.

“Lovely name you've got.” I flush and nod gracefully.In case your friend does not come for you, call for James, won't you?” I nod gracefully. He walks away and Mike appears at my side.

“Who were you just talking to?” He asks me, his eyes after who seems to have vanished.

“Nobody. He just wanted a drink.” Mike nods, as serious as I've seen him, eyes still looking for James.

“Let's go. Fight's about to start.” I say, touching his arm hoping to get his attention.

“I'm going to put my arms around you, just to shield you from being...groped.” I give him a wide-eyed look. He wants to laugh, I can see it in the way the corner of his eyes crinkle. “Is that okay with you?” The difference between Mike and Ian is just drastic. While Ian does as he pleases, Mike asks for approval. I nod.

“Yeah, I guess only you can grope me, huh?” He finally lets out that laugh, shakaing his head.

“It's true what Wolf says, that mouth of yours is trouble.” I shrug as he pulls me to him, keeping a safe distance and we walk through the crowd.

“Hot damn, Mike! Who's this?” A man says as we near the seats in front of the cage. I look up at Mike, who looks angry, really angry.

“Wolf's woman. Keep it in your pants.” Mike says shortly at the mousy haired, drunken off his ass guy.

“Why is she pressed up against you, then? Wolf shares? I want my turn.” I feel anger bubbling up inside me. I know Mike is about to explode too, his chest, that was not touching me, now brushes my shoulder blades as it rises and falls with his labored, angry breaths.

“Best shut your mouth, Greaser.” Mike warns, pushing us both to walk. I feel releif flood me as I am now on front of my seat. Ava seems to be calming Nova, as his knee bobs up and down. I see that man, Greaser, followed us.

What the hell is wrong with him?
“She's young, too. Ian likes fresh pussy, huh? Always have, always will.” Nova stands up and somehow gets to him before Mike.

“What the fuck did you just say?” He yells in the man's face, attracting a lot of attention from the people around. Greaser is sporting a smug, loopsided smile now. I try to touch Nova, to let him know it's okay, but Mike gives me a look that says 'Let me handle this'. I step back. “You feel like spitting the remaining teeth in your mouth, asshole?” Mike puts a hand on Nova's arm and pushes him back.

“Go take care of Ian's girls. I'll take care of this one.” Nova is not happy, but he does come over to me and Ava, who I now notice is gripping one of my arms with her two hands. I turn to her and put an arm around her as we sit. I am in the middle of them both. Mike has dragged Greaser from us, I just hope he is not going to make a mess out of this.

“Fuck!” Nova yells, then puts his face in his hands.

“Thank you for defending me.” I whisper, close enough for him to hear me. “But you don't have to do that, okay? I don't want you getting hurt, or hurting anyone.” He looks up at me.

“I'm just stressed and talking to you that way is definetly not gonna fly.” His blue eyes look into mine affectionally. “You are family...you've been family for a while, Baby. And I will make sure everyone around you respects you as you deserve to be respected.” I kiss the top of his messy head and smile, eyes stinging because I am a fool for words like that.

“Thank you.” I say. I sit back and take a few breaths, when a mic is tested and a booming voice floods the room.

“Gooooooood evenight, LAAAADIES AND GENTLEMEEEEEN!” The crowd responds by going crazy. We all stand up. I stare into the octagon in front of me. Ian and another man walk in. Ian wears black and red gear, while the other man wears black and yellow. The man is about an inch taller than Ian.

God, I really don't want to watch this.

Ian is deliciously shirtless. His tattoos and muscles are enhanced by the lighting making him look stunning. I want this to be over quickly. I want to feel him against me instead of not watch him getting hurt.

“ARE YOU READY FOR THIS?!” A collective 'yes' is roared. “ARE YOU READY? DO YOU KNOW WHAT TONIGHT IS?!” I laugh at the insanity. Half naked women are on men's shoulders, others are placing bets and others are yelling, spilling their drinks. “YOU FUCKING GUESSED IT! IT'S A FULL MOOOOOON!” The voice growls.

“THAT'S RIGHT! THE WOLF IS HERE!” Nova yells at the top of his lungs and the crowd starts to chant 'Werewolf, werewolf, werewolf.'

“On the octagon we have THE UNDESTRUCTABLE ESTEBAN, “THE WALL” GAAAAAAAAREEEEEET!” The crowd applauds and some yell, but it's crystal clear: This people came to watch Ian. “And in front of THE WALL, we have the animal himself. It's the FULL MOON AND HE HAS COME. OUT. FOR. BLOOD! The invictus, the beast: IAN “WEEEEEEREWOOOOOLF” HAAAAAAAYDEN!!” The crowd erupts insanely again and I find adrenaline is coursing through me and I start to scream for him.

Ian and his opponet face each other as the referee says a few words. They nod and bumb fists. Ian looks over the man's shoulder and finds us. He winks. Ava blows his a kiss, that he returns and all the women begin to “awww”.

Oh, God.

A bell rings, followed by the crowd's yells and the voice announces “LET THE FIGHT....BEGIN!” I yell for Ian as loud as I can.

The voice does not get to finish his words when Ian has charged on “The Wall” and delivered skilled, fast blows. “The Wall”, finally regains control and punches Ian hard. I yell for Ian, again.

“ 'S okay, girl. It's strategy. Ian gets hit once to make The Wall believe he's got control. See?”Mike tells me as Ian charges on The Wall again. I feel bad for the man. I look in the direction of Mike's voice and notice his shirt is disheveled, as is his hair.

“What did you do?” I say checking him to see if he's okay. He seems to be fine, except for his bloody fists. “Oh, God.” I mutter. He is cleaning the blood off his hands, quickly.

“It's not mine. Now, look at your man. If he knew I were taking your attention, he's flip.” Despite myself, my lips twitch and I look over at Ian.

The Wall is now wobbly on his knees. He seems to be tired, worn out, while Ian is still bouncing around him, still delivering. It's not long before Ian stops moving, except for his ocasional bounce, and The Wall falls. A bloody, swollen mess on the floor. The referee lifts one of Ian's hands.

“LADIES AND GENTLEMENT YOOOUUUUR WOLF REMAINS IIIIIINNVIIIICTUUUS!” The crowd goes wild. Hell, even I go crazy. I jump and scream for him. Relieved that he is fine, but scared for the other man. He doesn't move at all. His people move him, giving Ian a thumbs up. I guess he also made sure The Wall was fine.

“Uncle Mike, will you be taking us home?” Ava asks. Her face is red with all the excitement. Mike nods.

“Yep. I'm taking you two home, but first we're walking Violet to her car.” I shake my head.

“No, I want to see Ian before I leave.” I say and he looks skeptical.

“Look, Baby, it's not personal...but we'd prefer that you come with us. Tito needs to be alone for a while after his fights. His blood is still pumping...you must know about his anger by now, don't you?” Judging by Nova's face, I know there's more to just Ian's anger and his need to calm down. Carl appears behind Mike.

“I will take them home, Michael. You take her to him.” Mike looks at his father, incredulously.

“Let's go, Grand. We can stop for pizza on the way.” Nova says, kissing my cheek. Ava does the same.

“Do you ever think about anything else but food?” Ava asks him. Nova shrugs.

“No. Better question is when did he start calling me old? I mean, I am your grandfather...but you don't have to wear it out.” I smile fondly at these people who have made their way into my heart. I kiss Carl's cheek and they leave. Some people have filed out quickly, others are at the bar.

“Look, there's something you should know...Ian always had...women over after fights. It's his way of releasing the rest of the anger and adrenaline.” I nod, understanding this. “He also...found out about Greaser and he is all the more angry. I don't think you should see him.” I nod.

“If I'm not there for him in times like these, when he is angry and needing...release when will I be?” He smiles down at me. He wraps an arm around my shoulders and leads me to the room where we were before everything started.

He is mostly silent, but I do hearh him mutter, “How did that asshole get so lucky?”

IAN

Hayden,

I understand you now. She is quite beautiful, your adored Violet. I knew you were protecting her for something. You are not that selfless. She is...exquisite. Wouldn't mind a taste myself. See, we had a talk. I have information. Your precious redhead is not as innocent as she seems. Ask her if she knows a Caroline, won't you? I apologize for not staying to watch the fight, I don't care much for violence.

Most delightfully yours and hers,

James

I walk back and forth trying to calm the fuck down.

About three girls showed up asking me if I wanted the usual.

Greaser insulted my woman.

Newcasttle was here and he met her.

I warned them. I said she was off limits and just to piss me the fuck off, he came to see her.

And who the fuck is Caroline?

As much as I wish I could stay still and sit, I find myself pacing faster and wishing I had Violet here.

Even though I am fucking furious with her.

I told her not to talk to anybody. I told her to leave with Mike.

Why can't the woman ever do as she is told?
The door opens.

Speak of the devil and he will appear.

If he were an extremely beautiful, flushed, sexy redhead. I'm in a half mast from her just being in the same room.

“Hey.” She whispers. Mike is right behind her, a little too close. It makes my anger rage even further.

“Get the fuck away from her.” I warn. He sighs.

“Are you sure you want to stay?” He asks her quietly. Is he whispering in her fucking ear?

“Mike.” I warn. She nods and steps forward. He walks out, but I know he will stay at the door. “Did I not tell you to go home?” I ask her. Her big, amber eyes look up at me as if trying to soothe me, her cheeks are a bright pink and her curls are wild, cascading all the way down to her breasts.

“Let me give you what you need.” She completely ignores my question. I take a step toward her, pleased and irritated that she did not take a step back. The animal inside me wants her to be afraid and run. It will save her. From me. From being hurt.

“Tell me why you didn't do what I asked of you.” I demand. I see her anger start to boil, as well as mine. The woman's got a hell of a temper. I knew the moment I crashed my car into hers.

“Because I am not your lap dog. I do what I want or need to do, Ian.” She snaps. “Just calm down. Nothing bad happened. I'm fine.” I pinch the bridge of my nose. She's anything but fine. Newcasttle met her, talked to her, charmed the ass out fo her. And he's got something. He has information I am sure he is dying to throw in my face. I take another step towards her, our faces centimieters from each other.

“So you think getting hit on by Greaser was nothing? Tell me, did you like what he said?” Her eyes flash with something. Hurt or anger. Maybe both. Her nose flares and her hands find her hips. Her wide hips. My eyes wander down.

Fuck.

“Stop talking to me like that.” She says, gritting her teeth. “What the fuck do you think I'm doing here? You think I wouldn't have done him in the closest bathroom if I liked the way he was talking to me?” I fight hard to not push her into the wall and show her who is the only one who can fuck her.

“No, no. Bathrooms are your thing with me. Or have you had more experieces with bathrooms before me?” Hurt. That was the thing flashing in her eyes. She flinches. Something inside me fights to get rid of it, but the other thing, the monster, the animal... craves it.

“Is that hurt I hear in your voice, Ian? Are you hurt at the thought of me with another man?” I smirk, even though there's nothing amusing about her words.

“Don't flatter yourself, Sinclair.” My hatred for the surname makes me spit the word. She puts a hand on my bare chest, rising on her toes so that oour mouths are aligned.

“Why aren't there any girls in here?” The question takes me by surprise. “Why aren't you thrusting into a groupie right now? Why am I here instead?” I take a deep breath. She's trying to calm you down. She's fighting you. She's here...for you.

But she shouldn't be. She shouldn't be making your heart beat like that, your skin burn like that, your soul want like that. Hurt her. Hurt her and she'll go along with all those feelings you have for her.

My head spins. I can't keep fighting with the two voices in my head.

“Because,” I find myself not knowing what to say. She has tears in her eyes, from the things I said before, but those pools of amber are full of satisfaction. “Because I am with you. You are the only woman I want to release...everything I am feeling with.” She's quiet for a moment, her eyes taking my face in. She kisses me, as delicate as a whisper. My chest wants to burst with everything she's making me feel.

I pull away, but take her hand in mine. I sit in the nearby sofa and I expect her to sit beside me; she straddles my lap instead. My body reacts immediatly, my erection straining against my shorts and her jeans, but I don't want anything like that from her right now.

“I really don't fucking deserve you, sweet girl. I am so sorry about those things I said.” I say, looking up into those depths wishing I could lose myself inside them.

“You're a completely different person when you are angry, it's all that pent up anxiety. I get it. And that's okay. We all have our demons.” I kiss her jaw and bury my face in her neck. Her sweet scent makes my body relax instantly.

“Don't ever stop fighting me, Duchess. Don't stop fighting me. You can make it all go away.” I say, between kisses. My woman deserves to be worshipped. So that's what I do. I run my hands up and down her back, feeling the muscles relaxing on their wake.

“I don't care how much people remind me of our age difference, your past or your problems...I don't care if you get angry, if you try to hurt me saying those things...I'll fight for you, I'll fight you. This is real. We are real. Nothing can change that.” I pull back to look at her beautiful, angelical face.

“Nothing.” I say before crushing my lips to hers. I kiss her thoroughly, softly. Savoring the way of her skin against mine and our tongues caressing each other. We spend minutes like this, just kissing, touching each other subtletly when her phone rings, vibrating against her ass and my thigh. I chuckle as he huffs and asnwers without checking who it is.

“Hello?” She sits back and I hold on to her hips. He eyes go wide, her mouth mirrors a fish's and she has a hard time breathing. I search her face for a sign of what's going on. There's fear in her eyes. “Dad! Dad, is that you?" 

~~~So I have been looking around for a person to be the perfect Violet and I found a picture of a mix of Emma Watson and Natalie Dormer. The mix was perfect for our protagonist and I just fell in love with her.~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

293 17 14
"beg" He spat as he forced me on my knees "I never beg." I spat back, I lifted my eyes to look in his blue ones. "Guess I have a habit to change" Wh...
4.6M 128K 56
Ace Emerson is the most hot, sexy, and arrogant playboy in New York. He is ruthless when it comes to business and women. He has gone through women li...
70.9K 2.1K 29
Never a right turn. Forget about the right choice. She has a record longer than the Yankees, but it's detention, not baseball. She gets herself into...
46.9K 1.7K 7
Madi meets Chase, an underground fighter, and he likes to beat up a lot more than just people.