Pretend (Harry Styles) - Book...

By Posh777

-Sequel to Almost Lover and All of Me- Harry & Ava Engaged Expecting In Love Three things holding them togeth... More

Pretend
Chapter 1: "What happened to us?"
Chapter 2: Plans
Chapter 3: "Everything's good."
Chapter 4: Two Weeks
Chapter 5: A Last Minute Change of Plans
Chapter 6: Teasing and Toasting
Chapter 7: Foolproof
Chapter 8: Fainting Spells Before Wedding Bells
Chapter 9: "I do."
Chapter 10: Speeches and Surprises
Chapter 12: Rules
Chapter 13: Star Gazing
Chapter 14: 100%
Chapter 15: "Just nonsense."
Chapter 16: "Just tell her."
Chapter 17: Another Lie
Chapter 18: "What did you do?"
Chapter 19: Apologies and Regrets
Chapter 20: Broken Promises
Chapter 21: Overwhelmed
Chapter 22: "I'm so hurt."
Chapter 23: Boy or Girl?
Chapter 24: A Surprise
Chapter 25: A Proper Boxing Match
Chapter 26: "It's a...."
Chapter 27: "We're good."
Chapter 28: Confused
Chapter 29: So Many Lies
Chapter 30: Day Made
Chapter 31: Slow
Chapter 32: Safe.. Happy.. Okay..
Chapter 33: "Are they real?"
Chapter 34: "I'm sorry."
Chapter 35: "My wife."
Chapter 36: "Things will be different..."
Chapter 37: "You're something else."
Chapter 38: "For..ever."
Chapter 39: "Is it always like this?"
Chapter 40: An Accident
Chapter 41: "I know."
Chapter 42: "You alright?"
Chapter 43: The Best Thing
Chapter 44: Breaking Point
Chapter 45: Seeing Red
Chapter 46: A Life Changing Diagnosis
Chapter 47: "It will be worth it."
Chapter 48: Fresh Air
Author's Note
Chapter 49: "Something?"
Chapter 50: "She needs you right now."
Chapter 51: A Complete Mess
Chapter 52: Focus
Chapter 53: It Worked
Chapter 54: "Come to me."
Chapter 55: "One picture."
Chapter 56: Seven Words
Chapter 57: Anger
Chapter 58: A Phone Call
Chapter 59: Good?
Chapter 60: "What happened to us?"
Chapter 61: An Unexpected Visitor
Chapter 62: Reasons
Chapter 63: "I always need you."
Chapter 64: A Slap Across the Face
Chapter 65: The Real Plan
Chapter 66: Conflicted
Chapter 67: "Always."
Chapter 68: Perfect
Chapter 69: Just Us
Chapter 70: The Truth
Chapter 71: Moments
Chapter 72: Completely Content & Perfectly Happy
Authors Note

Chapter 11: "Only us."

13.9K 495 38
By Posh777

13 Weeks Along

-Ava's POV-

I stare at the empty seat across from me as the captain's voice comes through the small speakers throughout the plane.

'We'll be arriving at our destination in roughly twenty minutes. Please find your seats and take note of the fasten safety belt sign when we begin our decent.'

I grab my bag laying on the floor next to me, stuffing my headphones and iPad into it mindlessly.

"Do I get a clue yet?"

I look up to find Harry taking a seat across from me.

"Not yet." I shake my head, forcing a smile on my face.

"Sleep well?"

"Yeah. I bet you're tired."

"Am alright." He shrugs, "Sorry I've been on the phone so much."

I nod, looking out the window at the Indian Ocean thousands of feet below us.

Eight hours... That's how long we've been on the plane, flying to our honeymoon. I rented a particular plane, one that had a comfortable bedroom in the back of it. We were flying overnight and I didn't want to be completely jet lagged when we arrived.

And it worked. At least for me.

The bags under Harry's eyes are proof he never saw the inside of the bedroom. He got on the phone about twenty minutes into our flight, and he'd been on it practically ever since. I think he'd gotten one or two very small naps in and that was it.

He was fighting with someone. I heard his voice raise numerous times, always immediately falling back to a hushed whisper. He would appear every once in awhile, running his hand through his hair anxiously. Chewing on his bottom lip.

He was worried. Stressed.

I'd asked him what's wrong but he brushed me off. Assuring me everything was fine when I knew very well it wasn't.

Then his phone would ring again. He would ignore it. But it didn't stop ringing. So once again he'd answer it, disappearing into another part of the small plane so he could talk in private. Leaving me alone.

"I'm sorry Av."

"It's fine." I force another smile as my eyes meet his.

"Can't fool me with that." He points at my face, "Know you to well. I shouldn't... I hadn't meant to be on phone so much. Bloody perfect way to start our honeymoon yeah?"

"Who were you talking to?"

"Isn't important."

I sigh, "Well that's reassuring, knowing you spent the first eight hours of our honeymoon on the phone with someone who wasn't important."

"I didn't.. That's not what I meant love." He frowns, "Was just dealing with a bit of shite from management. They don't fancy us all disappearing. And when I told them I'd be off the radar for another week... Well they weren't to keen on that."

"Surely they understand. Even Harry Styles deserves a decent honeymoon right?"

"Right.." He clears his throat, coughing a little, "You know how they are. Bunch of wankers. Just didn't want you worrying about it is all. Can we please forget it? Won't have this mucking up our honeymoon... Only getting one of these after all."

He smiles at me, his dimples popping as he looks me over. Damn those dimples. They make it impossible for me to stay annoyed at him. Well, those and all his other perfectly sculpted body parts.

"Forgive me?" He raises his eyebrows, pouting.

"Alright, but you have some making up to do. The next six days I expect loads of groveling."

"Done." He stands up, grabbing my hand and pulling me up with him. "Might as well get started."

He presses a few buttons on a small remote laying on a table and suddenly soft music is playing through the speakers.

One arm wraps around my waist as the other snatches my hand.

"May I have this dance Mrs. Styles?"

I chuckle as I drape my arm over his broad shoulders. "You may."

We move ever so slowly to the music, the side of Harry's face pressed against my own.

"Have we really been married eight hours and I haven't even had my way with you yet?" He questions, his breath hitting my ear.

"Your fault, I spent a good two hours in that dress before I took it off myself."

"Don't tell me that." He groans. "Properly ruined it, didn't I?"

"That you did Styles."

He leans away from me, looking in my eyes, "Go put it back on yeah? I'll get back in my suit... Can do this right."

"No time. We're about to land."

He sighs, shaking his head and causing his hair to fall around his face.

"But maybe later?" I suggest, earning a smirk from him.

"Definitely later."

He ducks down, catching my lips in a kiss.

I've missed him. Ridiculous, we've been on the same plane this whole time. But I still missed him.

His hands move down my sides to my waist, pulling me against him as he slips his tongue into my mouth.

He's a little to good at this kissing thing. My knees are already weak and my heart is racing.

"Quickie?" He mumbles against my lips.

"Mmmhmm." I agree as he cups my bum, lifting me up with ease.

I wrap my legs around his waist tightly as he heads towards the bedroom, which is thankfully at the very back of the plane.

His soft lips attach to my neck as my fingers fumble with the door handle.

The second I get it open a loud ding sounds throughout the plane.

Harry pauses, his lips still against my neck.

"Seat belt sign. We're landing." I exhale, trying to slow my breathing.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me." Harry grumbles as he lets me down.

My feet hit the floor softly as our stewardess appears from the front cabin.

"Mr. and Mrs. Styles? We're beginning our descent so I'll need you both to take a seat." She smiles sweetly at us before picking up a few empty glasses.

We do as she asks, sitting down and buckling ourselves in.

Soon enough the landing gear is lowered and the tires are gently set down on the runway.

Harry glances out the window, his eyes searching for any sign of where we are.

"Seychelles International Airport." He reads out slowly, a soft smile gracing his lips as he looks at me. "One place I've actually never been."

The stewardess appears, handing me a small brochure. "Your helicopter will be waiting to leave as soon as you depart the plane. Have a wonderful honeymoon!"

"Thank you!" I smile at her, thankful she was on the flight. I would of felt completely alone had I not had her to talk to.

"Helicopter?" Harry questions, "So weren't not staying on the island?"

"Not this one."

He narrows his eyes at me playfully, trying to read my face for any clues. "Which one?"

"You'll see." I smile at him as I stand up, throwing a few bags over my shoulders.

The helicopter ride is short, only taking about fifteen minutes before we are landing on the small helipad next to a large beach house.

Our bags are set inside the house as Harry and I take the small walk down to the beach.

The air is warm, crisp as it blows through my hair. Harry's arms wind around my waist from behind as we're left alone, the helicopter flying back to the mainland.

"Never seen a view so beautiful." He notes, pecking my neck softly.

"Glad you like it. Always wanted to come here."

"So we have the beach to ourselves?" Harry asks, turning me around in his arms and wiggling his eyebrows.

"No." I shake my head, "We have the island to ourselves."

"What?" His eyes widen as he looks left and right.

"It's a private island. This is the only house on it. We are the only two people on it. For the next six days."

"Have to say.. Didn't expect this." He chuckles, looking down at me. "It's perfect... Couldn't be more perfect. I love you Av."

"I love you." I smile at him.

"So only us yeah?" He raises his eyebrows.

"Only us." I nod.

"Well in that case.." He grins at me before pulling his shirt off over his head. "Looks like we need to take a swim...."

I laugh as he grips my shirt, pulling it over my head swiftly.

The rest of our clothes are dropped onto the sand, quick kisses and touches being shared before we are both bare skinned.

I'm thrown over Harry's shoulder as he giggles like a school boy.

I can't help but laugh as he carries me towards the water, more then looking forward to the next six days.

And every one of them being exactly like this.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.7M 313K 73
******READ A BIT OF MY LATEST CHAPTER TO SEE HOW MUCH MY WRITING HAS IMPROVED LIKE HONEST ITS SO CRINGEY I CANT****** Falling in love with your best...
183K 3K 82
[COMPLETE] When Abby Miller meets Niall Horan - a famous boy band member, and has a one night stand with him, she never expected herself to be pregna...
165K 1.3K 41
Simple, but effective. Effective to make me blush. You would think I’d get used to this by now, but no, I haven’t and I think I would never be. I lo...
1M 26.8K 37
You may think that this is a cute family story about two people who's in love, but no, it's a lot more complicated than that. You see, this was never...