Complications~Grey's Anatomy

By wandamaxilover

Gisele Shepherd hadn't seen her big brother for a few years, so she decided it was time for a visit. During t... More

IMPORTANT
Prologue
Brand New Beginning
First Day
Bad Blood
The Face of Change
Hard Bargain
This Is Why We Fight
Transplant Wasteland
Idle Hands
She's Killing Me
Sleeping Monster
Do You Believe in Magic
Readiness Is All
Perfect Storm
Seal Our Fate
I Want You With Me
Puttin' on the Ritz
I Bet It Stung
Map of You
Somebody That I Used to Know
Get Up, Stand Up
Take It Back
Change of Heart
We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together
Fear (of the Unknown)
Puzzle With a Piece Missing
Got to Be Real
Bend and Break
Don't Let's Start
Could We Start Again, Please?
Risk
All I Could Do Was Cry
The Distance
When I Grow Up
How to Save a Life
She's Leaving Home: Part 1
She's Leaving Home: Part 2
You're My Home
Sledgehammer
Walking Tall
I Choose You
Old Time Rock and Roll
Guess Who's Coming to Dinner
The Me Nobody Knows
Something Against You
A Good Friend of Mine
Home Sweet Home
The Sound of Silence: Part l
The Sound of Silence: Part II
The Sound of Silence: Part III
Swimming in Miami
Keep Me In Your Heart
I Am Not Waiting Anymore
When It Hurts So Bad
I Wear the Face
There's a Fine, Fine Line
It's Alright, Ma (I'm only bleeding)
It's Alright, Ma (I'm only bleeding) II
Trigger Happy
You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side
Show In a Mysterious Desert
Mama Tried
At Last
Family Affair
Family Affair II
Famiky Affair III
Babymoon
La Dolce Vita
Braxton Hicks
Stay With Me
She Can't Be Dead
Amelia's Arrival
Weed, Wine, and Sushi
Naming Advice
What Happened?
Chirurgia and Yacht Parties
Out of Hospital
Packing Up
Emergency Landing
New York, New York
Detour
Diagnosis
Back in Seattle
SOS
Undo
News

Odd Man Out

3.6K 106 43
By wandamaxilover

ARIZONA ENTERED HER PATIENT'S ROOM, excepting Gisele to be there already.

   "How are you doing Elizabeth?" Arizona asked with a smile.

   "I'll be better when this surgery is over."

"I guess we'll just get started without Dr. Shepherd." Arizona said, seeing Gisele wasn't in the room.

   "She's here." Elizabeth said, pointing to the restroom door.

Just then Gisele walked back into the room, "Sorry, about that."

Elizabeth waved her off, "No, worries. Morning sickness was bad for me too. I hated it."

Gisele froze, Arizona looked over at her expectantly.

She frantically shook her head, "No, no," she said to Arizona before looking over at Elizabeth, "Not pregnant," she shivered at the thought, "Never, gross," Arizona elbowed her ribs, "Sorry, it's just okay... I want to clarify that I don't hate pregnant people, I just hate the thought of being pregnant."

    "And you chose fetal surgery, why?"

Gisele shrugged, "It's weird, I know."

   "Present now, please." Arizona said.

   "Elizabeth Riley, 33 years old, 22 weeks pregnant. In for amniotic bands that are wrapped around the baby's left forearm and right ankle. Today Dr. Robbins will be performing an Amniotic Band Resection—"

Arizona cut her off, "Actually, Dr. Shepherd will be performing your surgery today."

Gisele looked at her in surprised, Arizona hadn't mentioned anything about taking the lead, "What?"

There was panic evident in her face, "Is she good?" She asked Arizona before looking over to Gisele, "Are you good?"

   "She is better than good, she's a superstar and has basically been training to be a surgeon her whole life, not to mention she's also a bit of a genius."

   "Are you sure she's good?" The patient wasn't totally convinced, "She looks like a child, she barley looks 24. I was still in college when I was 24."

   "Actually, I'm 25." Gisele corrected.

   "I graduated when I was 25."

   "I can assure you she is the best resident in the hospital, probably even the world—"

Gisele cut her off, "Also, I graduated high school and college simultaneously at 15 then med school at 19. Technically, I would've been a real full fledged surgeon by now but I wanted to live life for awhile and travel."

Elizabeth sighed, "Okay, you can do the surgery."

  "You'll be sedated and given some antibiotics along with some medication to prevent labor just as a precaution. I'll make a small incision in your abdomen and uterus then use ultrasound to guide me. Then I insert a tiny tube with a camera at the tip. I'll use a laser to cut the bands and the baby—"

   "Evie."

   "Evie, that's so pretty. Do you know what it means?"

Elizabeth shook her head, "No."

  "It means life."

  "That's definitely going to be her name, my husband wants to name her Barbara but that is too old fashioned."

  "I say name her Evie." Gisele said.

  "Okay, we'll let you get prepped and see you up there." Arizona waved in the nurses.

Both she and Gisele walked out into the hall.

   "That was awesome, you were awesome with her." She praised.

She smirked, "I know I'm a—"

Arizona cut her off, "But I'd feel more comfortable if you used instruments instead of the laser, it's just that—"

Gisele didn't let her finish, "Arizona, I've used the laser before, Addison let me practice when I was curious, then made me keep practicing when she saw I was amazing," she reassured the blonde, which seemed to work, "I've got this and if I don't you'll be there."

All the reassurance Gisele had given her instantly diminished, "What do you mean if you don't got this, you have this right?"

Gisele nodded, "I do." She confidently said.

Arizona and Gisele were scrubbing in for Elizabeth's surgery.

   "How are you feeling?" Arizona asked, "are you okay?"

"I'm great. I told you I got this."

The fetal surgeon stopped scrubbing, turning to face the brunette resident, "No, I mean your grandmother died a week ago and you didn't take time off to—"

"To what? Grieve?" Gisele shook her hands of the water, "Arizona, I did grieve. I spent a whole month grieving, I'm tired of crying. I am okay and like I told you, I got this." She then walked out of the scrub room and into the operating room.

Arizona walked in right as Gisele asked for a ten blade.

"Alright Baby, talk to me, step by step."

Gisele sighed, "Do I have to?"

"Yes."

   "Just before you walked in I used ultrasound to see if Evie was in position, which she is. Now, I'll make an incision that's a little less than a quarter inch in length," Gisele performed the steps faster than she explained them, feeling the sudden urge to vomit she abruptly stopped talking.

   "What? What's wrong?" She began to panic, not liking how she stopped mid sentence, "Why did you stop talking?"

Gisele rapidly yet carefully pulled all the tools out before running over to the medical waste basket, ripping off her mask and emptying her stomach.

    "What is going on Gisele?"

   "Just some jet lag." She answered.

Arizona quickly reinserted the camera to check if any damage had been done, "If it's that bad you shouldn't be treating patients."

Gisele shrugged, "I didn't think it was—"

   "You could've nicked a vessel or lasered off a hand or something."

   "I didn't." Gisele confidently said.

   "You don't know that." Arizona said but so far everything looked good.

   "I do because I finished."

Arizona moved the camera to where the bands should have been but was surprised and happy they weren't.

The blonde gasped, "How'd you do that so fast?"

   "Cause I'm awesome."

They scrubbed out, going over to the OR board where Gisele erased their names.

   "Go take some anti nausea before we start rounds, I don't need you puking all over the patients."

   "Okay, I'll go do that now," she was headed for the elevators when she saw Jackson walk through the doors. She happily skipped over to him, "Hey, I just did an Amniotic Band Resection all by myself. It was awesome except for the part where I almost threw up on the patient." Gisele found herself saying the word awesome more often now that she was always around the blonde fetal surgeon.

He barley even looked up to say, "That's great," before looking down at the tablet his hands.

She sighed, frustrated with how things were going between them. He had been sweet and caring when she got back last week but suddenly two days ago he began being distant and withdrawn, "That's it, just great."

   "Yeah," he handed the tablet to the nurse, "I have to go, I have surgery."

She took a deep calming breath before exhaling and deciding to let it go for now, going to do as Arizona said before she threw up some more.

Once she had gotten the anti nausea medication, Gisele headed to the residents lounge, having gotten a page to meet Richard there.

Hearing both Jo and Stephanie call for her, she stopped in the hall waiting for them to catch up, "How are you feeling?" Stephanie asked.

    "I'm okay, doing better. I haven't seen Carson yet 'cause she went to some psych convention or something but I cry a lot less which is awesome."

   "Can't believe you chose to come back to work so soon." Jo said.

   "If I hadn't I would've just stayed home all day every day thinking about my grandma and would've cried or think about Jackson being all distant and withdrawn not to mention he's avoiding me."

   "Since when?"

Gisele shrugged, "I don't know, since two days ago I guess. Maybe he thinks I'm too clingy now."

Jo shook her head, "No, he doesn't get to think anything, your grandma just died. You get to grieve, don't let it get to your head."

Gisele scoffed, "No, never. If he thinks I'm clingy or whatever I will literally dump him. I get to grieve how I want, how much I want and for how long I want to."

Stephanie nodded, "Just prepare in case he dumbs you."

Both Gisele and Jo looked over at her with furrowed brows, "What?"

    "Why would you say that?" Jo asked.

Stephanie held up her hands in defense, "Hey, I'm just talking from experience. One minute he's my plus one and the next he leaves with the bride and I'm left next to an alter."

   "God, you know what, I'm just gonna dump him. All this stress along with just losing my grandma, maybe it's a sign from the universe that I shouldn't be with him."

   "I don't think that's what she mean—" Jo was cut off by Richard as they walked into the residents lounge.

   "All right everyone gather around." Richard motioned everyone over.

All the residents gathered around him, Jo took a seat at the table while everyone else chose to stand. Gisele didn't want to stand next to so many people so she chose to sit on Jo's lap.

Once everyone was gathered and quiet, he held up a metal bedpan, "When a bedridden patient stays in one place, what's the outcome?"

   "Bedsores." Ben answered.

   "Exactly," Richard said, "When a surgeon stays in one place, what's the outcome?"

   "One of us has bedsores?" Stephanie answered jokingly.

   "Stagnation. Complacency. A limited mind. You have a short time to learn here, people, and you've snuggled up to your specialties like a warm, comfy bed. Well, I am your alarm clock. I'm pulling you out of bed and broadening your education. This is a Resident Scramble," everyone groaned including Gisele, she really didn't want to risk being on general with Meredith. Sure things weren't so hostile between them but Gisele didn't exactly want to spend her whole day with her, "This is filled with attendings' names." He held out the bedpan to them, "Come on up and draw your new service... at random."

   "I have a question?" Gisele asked.

   "Yes, Shepherd?"

   "Do I have to do this? Because let's be honest I'm better than all of you combined." She said only mostly jokingly.

  "Yes because if you want to stay the best you have to have a well rounded education." He explained.

  "He didn't deny it." Penny pointed out.

  "Cause I'm awesome and clearly the best resident." Gisele jokingly gloated earning her a light pinch from Jo.

Gisele turned to face her, playfully sticking her youngest out at Jo.

Stephanie sighed, raising her hand and being the first to pull out a piece of paper, "Bingo," she excitedly clapped her hands together, "Shepherd."

   "Put it back!" He demanded causing the room to erupt in laughter.

     "But I..."

     "Back." He cut her off not wanting to hear it.

Finally it came down to Gisele, she hoped it wasn't Meredith not only because she couldn't be around her but because she thought general was a bore.

Grabbing a piece a paper she unfolded it to see Dr. Arizona Robbins written on it, "Robbins, yes."

  "No." Richard said.

  "But there's no more papers, clearly the universe wants me to stay on her service."

   "Well the universe is wrong," he stated, "Warren, who do you have?"

   "Shepherd."

   "You two switch," he watched as they reluctantly switched but remembered how neuro was the second specialty she was mostly on, "Blake, who did you get?"

   "Rigs."

   "Switch."

Gisele sighed, although she didn't hate cardio as much as general she still thought it was a tad boring.

Penny and Gisele walked together in silence trying to find Nathan and Amelia since they were on a case together, things were now amicable between the two but without Stephanie or Jo things were just awkward.

They waited at the elevators when penny broke the silence, "I'm sorry about your grandmother."

She rolled her eyes tired of everyone being sorry for her, "Thanks," was all she said not wanting to continue the conversation.

The elevator dinged and the doors slid open revealing her sister, Nathan and their patient. Gisele and Penny stepped onto the elevator just as it began to close.

"Dr. Riggs."

He looked over at her, "Yes, Dr. Shepherd."

"I'm with you today," she said before muttering, "sadly."

He smirked, liking her already, "Well, you could at least pretend be a bit excited."

"Sorry, it's not you," she motioned to his face, "That will be fun to look at, it's just I think Cardiothoracic surgery is kinda boring, no offense."

"None taken."

"Dr. Shepherd. Is this Mr. McColl?"

"Yes, Blake. Why?"

"The patient's wife is downstairs." Penny said.

"Why are you telling me this? Where's Edwards?"

"Dr. Webber mixed us up today. I pulled your service." She explained.

Amelia shook her head, "No."

Penny furrowed her brows, "No?"

Nathan and Gisele looked back and forth as their conversation continued.

"No, where's the wife?"

"She's downstairs in admitting."

The elevator dinged open, "Dr. Webber told me..."

"Tell Dr. Webber I said no." Amelia told her as she, Nathan, and Gisele wheeled him off the elevator.

"Couldn't you have chose me?" Amelia questioned her sister.

"We didn't have a choice. And also I did but Webber made me switch with her." Gisele explained.

"That's just great." She bitterly muttered to herself.

Once they had gotten the patient to his room, the three of them went to admitting to speak with the wife.

"Surgery? Oh, God." The wife exclaimed once they explained what had happened.

"Well, his heart rhythm had become very erratic, probably due to the electrical shock, so I had to implant a pacemaker." Nathan said.

"Oh, no. Poor Griffin."

"The other concern is Griffin suffered a brain bleed, which I operated on." Amelia added.

"A brain bleed?" She questioned.

"Your husband will hopefully be awake soon, and we'll know more then." Gisele said.

"Oh, he's... Well, Griffin's not my husband," she stuttered attempting to find the right words, "He's..."

She was cut off by another woman who passed her and stood in front of her, "Hello, Lena. How's my husband?"

The three doctors gave each other questioning looks.

"I understand he's been in a terrible accident."

"I'm sorry," Nathan pointed over to the tall redhead, "Uh, we thought you were the..."

"I am the wife," she held up her left hand wiggling her fingers showing off the wedding ring, "She's the slut he's been hitting on the side."

Gisele had to hold back her laughter.

"It's been 11 years, Gayle." Lena exclaimed.

"How is Griffin? Is he dead?" Gayle asked catching the three off guard, that wasn't usually how a patients loved ones acted.

There was a beat of silence before Amelia spoke, "His accident was severe. He needed surgery on his heart and his brain..."

"So, he's almost dead?"

"Kinda," Gisele answered having seen his chart, the odds weren't that great.

Amelia subtlety elbowed her sister, "We can take you to see him if..."

Once again Gayle cut her off, "I don't want to see him until he is dead."

All three of them stood there for a few seconds in shock, not knowing how to respond so they turned around, going back to Griffin's room.

"She either hates him and wants him dead for his money or just wants him dead because he did her dirty." Gisele stated.

"Is there a difference?" Nathan asked.

"Yup. And I'm betting she's waiting for his money," She said as they approached Gayle with a tablet, "You need to sign a few forms for your... husband." Gisele handed her the tablet.

Nathan began explaining what all the forms were for, "The nurse will bring up his personal things. These are patient pamphlets on pacemakers." He held them out for her.

"Give it to the side piece. She can change his diaper," she handed the tablet back, "I'm waiting for the funeral."

Gisele and Nathan looked at each other as Amelia came over.

"Mrs. McColl, your husband..."

"My husband, my dear, was a sweet man who turned into a philandering bastsrd who only cared about his money, which I should have known when he handed me that prenup for my wedding present. That thing is as tight as my Spanx."

"I see."

"If he dies and we are still married, I get his $30 million, which is way less than I deserve for putting up with that son of a bitch. But it'll have to do."

Gisele leaned closer to Nathan and whispered, "Told you."

"I'm waiting him out."

"Well, I don't think we have to," Nathan said, "He's 75 with a bum heart, high blood pressure, and a cracked skull. He probably won't even wake up. Right, Dr. Shepherd?"

Gisele nodded, "Right."

"We..." Amelia was cut off by a chuckle, "We're doing everything we can."

Gayle stepped closer to Nathan, "You wouldn't screw with me, would you?"

He smiled, "Oh, Gayle, I wouldn't. There's not much hope. So there's hope," he pointed over to the chairs close to the nurses station, "So if you want to just sit right over here and wait."

Once she took a seat Amelia said, "Why the hell..."

"Oh, come on. That's what she wanted to hear. It's refreshing."

Gisele nodded in agreement, "He's right."

"I mean, most family members are like, "Please, please, save him."I mean, this takes the pressure off us a bit. Shepherd, I'm kidding."

Amelia cracked a smile, "That's dark."

"Yeah, sorry."

"Really funny, though."

"Dr. Shepherd." Penny called getting their attention.

Amelia's playful demeanor quickly diminished, "What?"

"Mr. McColl's waking up."

"Ooh. I called that wrong." Nathan said, the three of them quickly entered his room.

The three of them walked in to see Griffin attempting to get out of bed, "What... Who the hell are you?"

"Mr. McColl." Amelia said.

"Griffin, it's me," Lena said, "It's Lena."

Amelia attempted you explained what had happened but Griffin was insistent on getting out of bed and had started yelling about bugs. They all thought he was hallucinating, Amelia had told a nurse to administer medication when Gayle appeared at the threshold.

    "He's calling me. I'm Bugs. He hasn't called me that in 30 years."

Gisele found herself with her head in the toilet, puking her guts out again. The anti nausea medicine doing nothing to help. She was glad she wore her hair up today seeing as Jo was too busy pacing back and forth spouting about her problems with Meredith, Stephanie was excessively washing her hands, and Penny was obsessing over Amelia's hatred for her.

Gisele had vaguely heard what everyone said in between her bouts of vomiting. Finally emerging from the stall, going over to the sink and washed her hands.

Jo went over next to her, placing her hand on Gisele's forehead checking her temperature, "You're not warm," she said, "why are you still nauseous and vomiting?"

"Maybe you're pregnant." Stephanie suggested, still furiously washing her hands.

Gisele glared, not finding it funny, "You're not funny."

"I wasn't joking," she said, "Are you late?"

"Yeah, super late."

"There you go, now you just gotta pee on a—"

Gisele cut her off, "Six years late."

"What?"

"Lucky bitch." Jo added.

"Wow, that's really late." Penny finally spoke.

"That's why I never found any tampons in your cubby." Stephanie said, "You know, this is urine. I've been urinated on three times today."

Penny chucked, "What did you expect from babies?"

"I'm talking about puppies... dogs," Stephanie explained, still scrubbing her hands, "There are puppies upstairs with the kids."

"Why aren't we up there right now?" Penny exclaimed.

"We should go see them." Gisele added.

Stephanie frantically shook her head, "Because the only thing worse than peds is peds with puppies because we're surgeons, not veterinarians, because we should not be urinated upon."

Gisele pouted, "But the cute cuddly puppies."

"I'm being crapped on," Penny stated, "You two have to help me with Shepherd. Shepherd wants me dead."

Gisele shook her head, "Nope, I'm not getting in the middle of that."

"At least she knows who you are," Jo said, "Grey keeps calling me your name."

"That doesn't even sound new." Stephanie stated.

"Be nice." Gisele said.

"Being kicked out bed was almost better because then she would see me..."

"Jo."

"She'd have to see my face to slam a door in it."

"All right," Stephanie interrupted, finally turning the water off grabbing a paper towel to dry her hands before turning to face Jo, "you get 10 more seconds."

"What?"

"You get 10 seconds to complain about Meredith Grey. After that, you're done. No more talking about it again, ever."

"This is an excellent plan." Penny said, earning an eye roll from Gisele.

"That's not fair." Gisele hated how hypocritical they were being.

"Thank you."

Gisele looked over at the redhead, "You, how long have you been here and you still can't stand up to my sister on your own and have to keep asking us for tips. Not to mention you break out into a nervous sweat when I look at you for too long," she then looked over at Stephanie, "And don't even get me started on you."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Do you know how annoying it was when you talked about Jackson nonstop intern year which only got worse when everyone thought the hospital was closing," she said, "and no offense but it was kinda pathetic how you said you'd follow him wherever he went."

Stephanie winced at the memory, "Yeah, wasn't my finest moment."

"The point is we listened to you for months and no one told you you could only have ten seconds because that's being a shitty friend."

Jo embraced her, happy she at least had Gisele in her corner, "Thanks."

"I always have your back."

"How's he doing?" Gisele asked, having just finished rounding on Nathan's patients.

"The same," Penny said, "What you said earlier bout me being scared..."

"Penny, it's fine, we're okay not fully friends but okay and I was a bitch you..." she trailed off when she saw Griffin losing his grip on Gayle's hand, "Somethings wrong."

They both rugged into the room.

Griffin's hand went completely limp, Penny gently moved Gayle out of the way, doing a quick exam before the monitors went off.

Nathan entered the room, "Blake, what is it?"

"His ICP is climbing and needs a ventriculostomy, now." Gisele said.

"Page Shepherd immediately." Penny instructed, "Start a ketamine drip and grab an intubation kit."

They had taken Gayle out of the room when Nathan asked, "Have you ever done a ventriculostomy?"

Penny sighed, "Yes, but I'm not supposed to touch him, so..."

He cut her off, "Can you do one?"

"I'm not supposed to touch him."

Gisele rolled her eyes in annoyance, moving Penny out of the way beginning the steps of the ventriculostomy.

"Dr Shepherd," one of the nurses came in, "Dr. Robbins is paging you 911, she's in OR 3."

She thanked her before handing Penny the instruments.

"Can't you finish before you go?" Penny pleaded.

"No because 911 is emergency." Gisele said, exiting the room.

Gisele made it to the OR in record time, seeing how Arizona was in the scrub room with Bailey and Alex she went and joined them.

"Robbins, you paged."

"Courtney, 23 weeks with quads and baby c wants out. I can feel his feet," the blonde began, "is it possible to deliver Charles, stop labor, sew up the cervix, and leave the rest of the three inside for delayed delivery with a sterilized umbilical cord put back?"

Alex scoffed, "This is your second opinion, a resident."

"A resident who has trained with Addison Montgomery."

"Addie did it, once on triplets but they were 26 weeks gestation, everyone was okay, no infection or anything."

"Thanks Gisele." Arizona said before rushing back into the OR.

"Y-You're gonna let her..."

Bailey cut Alex off, "I'm gonna let her do what she's here to do. And I suggest you do the same."

Gisele walked out if the scrub room walking down the hall and was about to get in the elevator when she spotted April sitting at the nurses station.

"Hey April," Gisele greeted as she approached the redhead, "I know this is awkward but if you need anything I'm here, and I'm assuming Jackson doesn't know cause I'm pretty sure he would've told me. I can help you tell Jackson."

"Tell me what?" Jackson said from beside them.

Gisele looked at April seeing the panic in her eyes as she subtly shook her head, "That she's looking for a new place," her phone went off and saw she got paged, "I have to go."

Waiting for the elevator, she suddenly felt lightheaded and used the wall for support.

"Why would you let Blake do a ventriculostomy?" Amelia yelled at her sister.

Gisele hasn't noticed when the doors opened, she took a step stumbling into the elevator. Riggs caught her arm before she fell and steadied her.

"You okay there?"

Gisele took a second to get her bearings, "Yeah, I just think I'm dehydrated," she said, "I let Blake do it because Riggs was there and Arizona paged me."

"Okay, just go get hydrated."

April found Alex and Arizona in the NICU.

"Did either one of you tell Gisele?" She asked not bothering to greet them.

They both shook her head, "No."

   "Then how did she know?"

Arizona scoffed, "Please, she's my little protégé."

   "She's also lived with Addison Montgomery for most of her life, she probably figured it out. Was it awkward?"

April shrugged, "Not really, she even offered to help me tell Jackson."

Arizona perked up, "So you're going to tell him?"

April, "Not yet."

By the time Gisele was hydrated, her shift had ended, after grabbing her things she headed for the parking lot. On the way to her car she saw Jackson a few feet ahead of her.

She quietly followed him to his car and waited for him to take out his keys. Gisele snatched them out of his hand locking the car again.

"Hey..." he thought he was being robbed until he turned around. Gisele stood teasingly waving the keys, "Gisele, I thought you were robbing me."

"Sorry but I had to get your attention somehow, you've been avoiding me."

"No I haven't." He reached for the keys but Gisele had moved her hands behind her back.

  "Yes you have, you're all distant and if this is how it's gonna be then I want to breakup."

   "Woah, woah, break up? Why?"

   "Because I'm not doing the whole distant, avoidance thing so talk to me or we're over."

Jackson sighed, "You did body shots on people who weren't me."

Gisele frowned, "Okay if you think doing body shots is cheating we still might need to break up."

   "Body shots are an intimate thing to do with other people." He explained.

Gisele smiled, "You're jealous."

He scoffed, "I'm not."

   "Yeah, you are," she stated, "Look, I am a very intimate person with other people but not in a cheating way. I would never cheat on you, I may flirt because if you haven't noticed I'm very flirty especially with Emmy and Nico, who are nothing but really close friends. I did body shots with Emmy because she's Emmy and my best friend. Nico... Nico is that one friend who everyone says you would look good together but we think of each other as brother and sister, not to mention he is so full of himself. I wouldn't be able to handle that."

Jackson sighed, stepping closer to her, "I'm sorry I was avoiding you, you just lost your grandma and I didn't know if I should've discussed my feelings with you because you're still grieving—"

"I'll always grieve the loss of my grandma but you can't just stop communicating with me because I'm sad," Gisele said, "If this is going to work you need to talk to me."

Giving her a quick kiss before bringing her in for a hug, "I know and I will. Want to go get food?"

She nodded, "I could eat, I probably should anyways. I've been throwing up all day." She handed him the keys.

Unlocking the car, they both got in, "You still have jet lag?"

   "Kinda, I think my body just needs more time to reset cause I traveled so much in such a short time."

   "What do you feel like eating?"

She shrugged, "I don't care as long..."

    "As it's vegan," he finished her thought, knowing by now that she was vegan, "What about that ramen place?"

    "Sure."

Once there they decided it was best if they shared a bowl, seeing how Gisele didn't do well with big portions.

     "You were very popular today."

Gisele raised her brows in wonder and finished swallowing her food, "What do you mean?"

   "A patient, she's 16, post op day one from a paranasal tumor removal and she was watching that gossip news channel. You and Emilia broke the record for the most liked Instagram picture."

She was confused not having memory of recently posting a picture on Instagram, "What picture? I haven't posted anything."

   "There's a picture of you and Emilia at the top of a pyramid, it's on Vogue's Instagram I think," she scrunched up her face, "I thought you weren't camera shy."

   "I'm not, it's just I was having a moment."

  "Do you want them to take it down?"

She shook her head, "No, it's fine, like you said it's already the most liked post."

    "You don't have to be fine with it. I could call and demand they take it off—"

   "I honestly don't mind it," she assured him, "How did that surgery at the army hospital go?"

   "Male, 35 osteosarcoma in the pelvis, spine, and sacrum. Usually, it'd be treated with chemo and radiation, which would only give him a few years. But Callie came up with a plan, we'd amputate his left leg leg and relocate his right to the center of his body."

    "That's crazy."

    "Oh yeah, what's crazier is we only had one trial run before we actually had to operate."

   "No." She said in disbelief.

He nodded, "He fell and fractured his pelvis and became emergent. I was doing the bone harvest and halfway through Meredith comes and tells me if I could step out for a minute, I go into the hall and Callie tells me she had to take more bone off them she originally intended to get good margins."

   "No! Wait, did she use the head of the femur to make a new sacrum?"

He raised his brows, wondering how she would have guessed that, "How did you know that?"

She took another spoonful of the soup before answering, "It's the obvious thing to do."

He was always amazed by how intelligent and smarter she was then everyone else, he leaned over kissing her temple, "You're brilliant, you know that."

Gisele smirked, "I know."

  "It would have gone a lot faster with you there."

  "I know 'cause I'm awesome."

  "You are," he said, before letting out a chuckle, "Actually, uh, one of the doctors was flirting with me..." he trailed off noticing her tears, he panicked, "but I don't flirt back, I swear."

She shook her head, "No, it's not that, I just-I'm still emotional..." taking a napkin she dabbed her tears away, "I'm tired of crying for no reason."

   "It's okay, you're grieving."

She sniffled, "Well, I'm over it. Also I'd be a hypocrite if I got mad at you for flirting because I'm one of the biggest flirt ever."

After they had finished their meal, they wondered aimlessly around for a while when Jackson spotted a rack of electric bikes.

"Let's go on a bike ride." He pulled her towards them.

She began pulling away, shaking her head, "No."

"Come on, it'll be fun."

"No."

"Don't you know how to ride a bike?" he teased, but took her silence as a yes, "Oh, you're serious? You don't know how to ride one?"

"Yes I do, it's just when I was thirteen me and Emmy were riding our bikes to school, there wasn't a sidewalk just rocks and cars kept flying by. I don't exactly remember what happened but I ended up with a bad scrapped my knee and a fractured wrist."

"Okay... how about you sit on the handle bars and I'll maneuver the bike."

Staring into his blue eyes, she sighed giving in trusting him fully, "Fine, lets do it."

After a shaky start, Gisele relaxed and began enjoying herself.

"We should go somewhere."

"What do you have in mind?"

"The Planetarium."

They decided on the laser show, walking into the dome everything was dead quiet, quickly took their seats right as the show began.

Gisele watched, mesmerized as the lasers flashed in different colors, shapes, and patterns, such as butterflies and a human body.

She leaned closer to him, "I like it, it reminds me of when I went to raves." She whispered.

"You went to raves?" she hummed in response, "when was the last time you went?"

"When I was in Mexico?"

"So... two weeks ago."

She nodded, "Yeah."

Arriving at Gisele's house, they quietly entered, going up the main stairs before the attic stairs all while making out. Jackson pulled away.

   "I need to use the restroom." He said disappearing into the restroom.

She sighed, throwing herself onto her bed causing it to swing back and forth.

Coming back into the room, he noticed her staring into the distance dozing off, climbing onto the bed he wrapped his arms around her, snuggling into her, "Hi."

She rolled over to see his face, "Hi..." she smiled, "I know you really wanted to have sex but..."

Jackson hugged her tighter, "Hey, if you don't want to, we don't have to."

   "I know but I'm tired and just want a shower and..."

He cut her off, "You hate sex after a shower so close to the time you go to sleep."

Gisele nodded, "Yeah... but I wouldn't be opposed to having sex in the shower."

He quickly stood, picked her up and threw her over his shoulder, she squealed as they entered the restroom.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.4K 557 24
She hadn't been back to Seattle since she was 5-years old. Now she was back, ready to start her fellowship and try and put her old life behind her. ...
273K 7.4K 55
Major Angela Karev, also known as Dr. Angela Karev, is coming home for good. Ever since she was 19, she had been serving in the army. Beating the odd...
148K 1.9K 34
When Seattle Grace transforms into Seattle Grace Mercy West, Melonie Ann Grey comes in as a third year resident from Mercy West and continues her res...
44.8K 762 31
Before she was Jo Wilson, she had a whole other life. After escaping an abusive relationship, she's made a beautiful life with Alex. They've been hap...