Into The Light

By christiangirl2293

Delilah is the outcast of her school, ever since she was in Kindergarten she's been bullied, and constantly b... More

Characters
New Friends
New School
New Sundays
Summer
Camp at Last
A Night To Remember
Rainy Day
Going Home
Double Date
Church and First Dates
Happy Birthday, Lila!
Open House And Back To School Shopping
Sophomores
Fall Weekend
Baptized
A Homecoming Nightmare
Decisions
Sick Day
Movie Day
Memories
Back to Normal?
Snow Day
Picnic
Pool Party
Packing For Camp
First Anniversary
Going To Camp
Camp Day 1
Learn and Love
Bonfire
Lake Day and Zack's Birthday!
Where I Belong
Fourth of July
Sad Goodbyes
Youth Lock-in
Girls Day & A Double Date
Sweet 16
I Promise
Last Day of Summer
Juniors
Saturday
Pumpkin Patch
In His Eyes
You Are Loved
Priceless
Forgiven
A Night Under The Stars
The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year
Missing You
Break
Emmy Grace
Redemption
What Dreams Are Made Of
Sweet Memories
Last Day of School
Here Again
Changed
Holy Water
By the Grace of God
Two Years
Waterpark
Independence
Twins!
Come and Worship
All Nighter
Surprise Party
Seniors
Holy Matrimony
Faith
He is There
One Last Dance
I Miss You
I Love You
One Last Picnic
Graduation
One Last Time
Surprise
Forever

Light up the night

31 1 0
By christiangirl2293

"Lila, It's almost time for the bonfire if you want to join us," Sarah says

"Not if Zack is going to be there,"

"Luke said he's staying in the cabin, he's been depressed since you asked him for a break,"

"He hasn't left his cabin in three days, he's eventually going to have to come out and eat something,"

"Luke has been making him eat at least something every day,"

"I'm still blaming myself,"

"You shouldn't, It's Zack's fault,"

"I guess Luke talked to him about it, and Zack swears he wasn't flirting with her,"

"The picture you took totally looks like he was flirting though,"

"Zack's side of the story is he was just being nice, but I have my doubts,"

"That's between you and him,"

"I don't know what to believe honestly,"

"I guess you'll have to talk to him when you're ready,"

"I haven't texted him in three days, I don't plan to either, not for a while at least,"

"You know what tomorrow is right?"

"No, What is tomorrow?"

"Your anniversary? don't tell me you forgot,"

"Oh right, I forgot about that, I guess I won't be celebrating this year,"

"You guys need to try and work it out, clearly you're miserable without the other," Josie says

"She's right,"

"I just don't want to face him right now,"

"You don't have tonight, but at least talk to him tomorrow for your anniversary, hear him out, even if you only sit outside and talk before we leave tomorrow,"

"I forgot we leave tomorrow, this has been a rough week,"

"That's why we need to enjoy tonight, it's the last night of camp before we go home to our lives,"

"I wonder if i text him if he'll respond?"

"There's only one way to find out,"

Zack's POV

"Are you sure you don't want to come? maybe you can make things right with her tonight," Luke asks

"She hates me, she wants nothing to do with me, I'm waiting for her to text me and break up with me,"

"She's miserable without you, she's just hurt by what she saw, and to be honest, it did look like you were flirting,"

"You know I wouldn't do anything like that, I love her,"

"Then prove that to her,"

"I can't even get her to talk to me,"

I looked down at my phone and noticed that I had an unread message

"She messaged you, didn't she,"

"Yeah she did,"

"What does it say?"

"It says, 'Hey Zack, I want to talk about everything, I'll be at the bonfire with everyone if you want to join us, if not, I'll talk to you tomorrow,' Should I go out and talk to her? Or should we talk tomorrow,"

"Dude she's asking you to talk about it tonight, so you better get up and go with me,"

"I guess you're right,"

"Let her know that you're coming so she'll get ready

"I just texted her, I guess we should walk that way, the bonfire is going to start soon,"

"Everything is going to work out, don't worry, she's as miserable as you are,"

"I'm still nervous, this has been a rough week, I just want everything to be okay again,"

"It will be, I promise,"

Lila's POV

"They're headed this way,"

"Grab your jacket and let's wait outside for them," Sarah says

I grabbed one of the many hoodies of Zack's that I had packed and put it on before walking outside, I sat down on the steps and watched as Luke and Zack got closer and closer to the cabin,

"We'll walk ahead of you guys to give you some time to talk," Sarah says

"We'll sit here on the steps, and catch up with you guys," Zack says

The others started walking toward the open field where the bonfire would be held, Zack sat down beside me, tears started to fill my eyes as I turned to look at him,

"Please don't cry Lila, I want to explain everything, I know it looked like I was flirting, but I promise you I wasn't. She is an old friend that I met at camp in Junior high, I haven't seen her in years, when I saw her, I sat down to talk to her for a few minutes,"

"Why did you run off without telling me where you were going?"

"I was going to surprise you with some ice cream, since you mentioned wanting it the night before, I never meant to hurt you,"

"I just didn't like that you were being secretive, that's why I followed you, I'm sorry,"

"I'm the one who should be apologizing, I'm sorry that I hurt you, and that I made you upset, I promise that I love you and only you, you're the only girl I ever want to flirt with,"

"I forgive you,"

"You do?"

I nod, "I know you're telling the truth,"

"Does that mean that we can stop this break? because I've been miserable without you,"

"Yeah,it means that the break is over, I've been miserable without you too,"

Zack gently kisses me, and wraps his arms around me, "Are you ready to head toward the bonfire?"

"Yeah, I'm ready,"

"Do you want me to carry you? we have to walk through grass,"

"I think I can do it, just don't let me fall,"

"I won't, please be careful," The moment I stepped foot on the grass, I felt my crutch slip and I started to fall backwards. Zack catches me and gently picks me up "I got you princess,"

"When we get there can you make us s'mores and get us some pizza? I'm starving,"

"Already planned on it, I know you haven't eaten much the last few days, and neither have I to be honest,"

"If you want we can sit on a blanket by ourselves and have a little date,"

"I love that idea, speaking of which, I know tomorrow we're heading home from camp, but I want to take you to dinner, we can go wherever you want when we stop tomorrow night,"

"I want Arby's, I haven't had it in forever,"

"Sounds good to me, whatever my girl wants, my girl gets,"

"Can we get ice cream tomorrow before we leave?"

Zack smiles, "Of course we can,"

I gently kissed him, "Thank you,"

"For what?"

"Not giving up on me, I know sometimes I'm not the best girlfriend,"

"You're the best girlfriend I could have asked for, prayed for, or hoped for, I know the last year of our relationship has been anything but perfect, but I will never give up on you, or us, I want to marry you, and in a little over a year, I will,"

"I have a wedding date picked out,"

"Oh really? what's the date?"

"October 24, 2020,"

"Not much time to plan it once we get engaged, are you sure that's what you want?"

"I'm sure, We can start planning it at anytime, we don't have to wait til we're engaged,"

"I guess you're right,"

"October 24 is my dad's birthday, that's why I want to get married on that day,"

"I'm perfectly fine with getting married on that day,

"Are you sure?"

"Absolutely, I want you to have your dream wedding,"

"I'll have my dream wedding because I'll have my dream guy there,"

Zack gently kisses me, "I feel the same way, I have my dream girl, and nothing could make that night more perfect,"

"I can stand for a second so you can spread the blanket out,"

Zack gently lowers me down so I can stand, he spreads a blanket on the ground and gently helps me sit down, "I'll be right back, I'm going to get food,"

"Go ahead, I'll be here when you come back,"

Zack walks toward the tables where all the food is set up, I laid down on the blanket and looked up at the stars, It was a clear night, just like the night he asked me to be his girlfriend. After a minute, I sat up to see Pastor Evan walking toward me

"Hey Lila, Where's Zack? I was hoping that I could talk to both of you tonight,"

"He's getting dinner for us, He'll be back in a minute,"

Zack comes back with a pizza and two cans of pop, he sits down beside me and wraps his arm around me

"I want to apologize, for how I acted toward both of you, I know you guys wouldn't do anything inappropriate, I have complete trust in you both, Zack, I want to make things right and let you preach for tomorrow afternoon's service, If you'd like to,"

"I'd love to,"

"I hope you both can forgive me,"

"I forgive you," Zack says

"I do too,"

"Is everything okay between you guys? I know it's been a rough week for both of you,"

"Everything is perfect, We talked everything out before we came down to the bonfire,"

"Great, I'll leave you guys alone so you can enjoy your night,"

"Thank you Pastor Evan,"

"You're welcome Zack, I'll see you back in the cabin tonight, and I'll see you tomorrow Lila,"

Pastor Evan walks away, leaving just Zack and I together.

"Tonight has been perfect," he says

"Why do you say that?"

"I have my girl by my side, and I get to preach at the biggest service of the year tomorrow,"

"I can't wait to see you up on stage tomorrow,"

"It's my favorite service of camp, and I'll hopefully get to lead a lot of people to the Lord tomorrow,"

"Tomorrow has been two years since you lead me to the Lord,"

"I can't believe it's been two years,"

"Me either, It's something I'll hold in my heart forever,"

"Me too, I'm so proud of how far you've come,"

"It's been a rough two years, but it's been totally worth it,"

"This next year will be even more growth than you've seen before,"

"I know, I can't wait, I've learned so much from you, Sarah, and Luke, and I'm still learning every day,"

"That's my favorite thing about God, We keep learning,"

"Can we keep doing our bible study together?"

"Absolutely, I love seeing how God is revealing himself to you, and I love to hear your thoughts on what we read,"

I laid my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes, "I'm glad God gave me you, I don't know where I'd be without you,"

"You can take a nap if you want, I know you're tired,"

I slowly drifted off to sleep, this time with a smile on my face,

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28 0 25
Hannah, a shy, timid, teacher, is running away from her hometown Church, family and friends due to an embarrassing situation. Desperate for an income...
21K 783 62
Delilah. A 21 Year old girl who has always had such a difficult life. With her mother passing away when she was younger and her father in prison, D...
2.8K 92 19
Draya Jonson is an average teenager. Her peers are the problem along with the memories of a rotten childhood. Draya is on the verge of letting go but...
1M 29.3K 32
Delilah's life is perfect, isn't it? She's engaged, her stalker has been put in jail, and she's probably now the most popular girl in school. But whe...