His Property

By l_michelle11

Emery is a sweet and innocent 19 year old girl with a dream. It all changes when she gets kidnapped by mafia... More

Introduction!
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
The OTHER character list :)
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Epilogue
Sequel?
SEQUEL!

Chapter Eighteen

11.8K 241 88
By l_michelle11

Emery

I was frozen. I felt James' hand touch mine but I move it away. I can't believe he lied to me!

"Ex wife?" I asked.

"Yes." The girl answered. "Who are you?"

"I'm Emery." I replied. "James' girlfriend."

"Girlfriend?!" She said loudly. "James, seriously?" She then chuckled.

I looked down in embarrassment feeling myself getting angry and wanting to cry.

"You could've done way better." She says. "Why her?"

"Because I love her and she is beautiful just the way she is, Violet." James said.

"Whatever you say." She says and rolls her eyes.

"Bitch, don't you have somewhere to be?" Lanessa cuts in.

"Oh, hi Nessa. Long time, no see." Violet smirks.

Nessa scoffs. "You have some nerve being here."

"It's a party, right? James invited me." She says and I look up at James.

"I invited you because I thought that you wouldn't start anything but you're clearly looking for trouble so get out." James said.

"Baby, don't act like you didn't miss me." Violet says and I feel anger.

Violet walks towards him and fixes his tie. She looks up at him and plants a kiss on his cheek. He shivers. I take my hand out of his. He... he liked it. He didn't try to stop her. His fucking nerve.

"Violet, you need to leave." He finally says.

"Fine. But, I'll see you soon." Violet finally says then walks off.

"No you won't." Axel mumbles.

I wipe the tears falling out of my eyes before they fell down. But it was too late. James already saw them.

"Emery_" he tries to pull me into him but I pushed him.

"Don't touch me." I said. I grabbed Nessa's hand and walked off.

I walked with her to the bar, trying to find something that can make me relax. Trust me, I'm not the type of person to get drunk but I can't deal with this pain right now.

"Em, what are you doing?" She asks once I break into the liquor cabinet.

"I need a drink." I replied. I never drank before but I need to now before I did or said something I would regret.

"Em, James forgot about her. He loves you, not her." She tries consoling me.

"If that was the case, why did he let her kiss him?" I asked.

I couldn't get in the cabinet so I just gave up. I had tears in my eyes. Nessa noticed and hugged me.

"He loves you. I know he does." She says.

"He lied to me." I say once we pull away.

"How about you just dance with me and you can forget all about it." Nessa says and I smile. I sniffle then nod my head.

We walk onto the dance floor and sway to the fancy jazz music playing in the background.

I'm glad I found another friend to count on. We haven't even known each other that long and I already know that she's gonna be my best friend.

I felt someone poke my shoulder. I turn around. My eyes widen in shock.

"Adam?!" I said.

Adam was my foster brother in one of the foster homes I stayed in. He didn't really talk to me and if he did, it was only to tell me to do something for him. He knew his dad would rape me but didn't do anything about it.

"Hey, Emery. I knew I recognized you." He said with a smile.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I'm apart of one of the gangs here. We're both each other's alliances." He replied.

"That's nice but do you need something?" I asked.

"I came to apologize for the things my father did to you." He said and I looked down.

"Emery, the reason I didn't tell anybody was because my father threatened to tell my mom that I was selling drugs and they were gonna disown me." He said.

"I couldn't deal with that so I kept my mouth shut but I really wished I didn't allow fear to control me. I really wanted to be a brother to you but I was told to not speak to you unless it was something I needed."

"When you first came to our home, I wanted to welcome you into warm arms and show you that I wanted to be your brother but my father was against it. I moved out a year after you left. I couldn't stand to look at my father after knowing what he did to you."

"I'm so sorry I didn't do anything. I wish we would've gotten to know each other, that way I could've been a better brother to you." He said. I smiled.

I didn't know Adam wanted to be my brother. I thought he hated me. I'm glad he escaped from his father's grasp.

"I forgive you, Adam and I would love for us to build a sibling relationship." I said and he smiled.

"Thank you so much, Emery." He said. He bends down and hugs me. Once we pull away, he kisses my cheek.

He hands me a paper.

"Here's my number." He said. "Don't forget to call if you need anything." I smiled.

Nessa asked who Adam was and I explained to her about everything. She smiled and we continued dancing.

James

Is this what she does now?

She's mad at me so she decides to talk to another dude and let her kiss her on the cheek? And she gave her his number.

She's definitely not getting a phone anytime soon.

"Man, don't trip about that. It could be nothing." Axel says from behind me.

"You don't know that, Ax." I said.

"I do know that Em is a nice girl, and even though she's pissed at you, she wouldn't do anything like that to hurt you." He said.

"Yeah, whatever." I say and continue to gaze at her with anger in my eyes, while she dances with Nessa.

I'm so angry right now, I could drag her upstairs and beat the living shit out of her.

Wait, why am I thinking like this? I can't. She's my girlfriend and it doesn't matter how angry I am, I pledged to never hurt her again.

I took a swift of wine from my champagne glass and continue to watch her.

Emery

The party was soon over. I felt sad knowing that Nessa will be leaving. If only she took me with her.

She promised that she and Axel would come by since they're back home. She also gave me her number. I smiled.

Once everybody was out of the house and the maids were cleaning, I walked upstairs.

I walked in the room and saw James sitting on the bed, he looked up at me, anger in his eyes. He shouldn't be mad at me, I'm the one that should be mad.

I ignored his gaze and walked over to our dresser taking off my jewelry.

I felt his presence behind me and I froze.

"Who was that guy?" He asked. He's talking about Adam. I'm still mad at him so I reply with a sassy answer, well question.

"Who's Violet?" I turned around and looked up at him.

"You getting bold now?" He asked chuckling.

"You're a liar." I said still looking up at him.

"I can make you scared of me just like how you were when you first came here." He said. "Don't get me to that limit."

"You wouldn't hurt me." I said.

"Try me. I will if you don't answer my question." He says and I feel a bit scared.

"Who... the fuck... was that guy? And why did he give you his phone number?" He asked once more.

I ignored his question and turned back around.

He grabbed me and pushed me harshly back into the wall. I yelled at the pain.

"Haven't felt a familiar pain like this huh?" He asked and I look up at him, now full with fear.

His once bright green eyes, now dark.

"Scared now huh?" He asked. "What happened to the bold Emery huh?" He was squeezing my wrist hard.

"James, you're hurting me." I said, tears falling down my eyes.

"Does it look like I give a fuck?" He asks and chuckles. I need to get out of head before he hurts me bad.

I use all of my strength in me and push him off of me, making him fall on the floor. I sprinted out of the room.

"YOU BITCH! ANSWER MY FUCKING QUESTION!" I hear him scream behind me.

I ran into the nearest guest room and lock the door. I realize there was a key in here so he couldn't get in.

"FUCK!" I heard him yell. He then started banging on the door.

"Emery, you better open this fucking door!" He yelled.

"No! Leave me the hell alone!" I yelled back, which only made him angrier.

I ran into the bathroom and locked myself in. I slid down to the floor, covering my ears as he kept yelling. I started to sob.

The yelling soon stopped but I continued to cry. He was gonna hurt me. I know he was gonna hurt me.

I felt tired and I laid on the cold bathroom floor. Hiccups leaving my mouth from sobbing too hard. I closed my eyes drifting off to sleep.

**********
Mmm... and just when I thought James was changing his ways

How did you like the chapter?

If you enjoyed this chapter, please comment and vote!

Thanks for reading! All love x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

113K 5.5K 77
He wanted her; She'd always tell -- "I hope that you burn forever in hell." He has her in his grasp; This type of duo was never meant to last. Story...
8.7K 284 25
MAFIA X INNOCENT GIRL He is merciless She is Innocent He wants her at his mercy She won't submit that easily He was never loved Either She was ...
7.2M 179K 41
*CURRENTLY UNDERGOING MAJOR EDITING* There she was shaking her hips side to side as if she was putting on a private show for him. He stood there star...
1.9M 63.7K 44
She served the friendly faces of the regular customers that day. She helped others that day. She was supposed to stay with her family on that day. Bu...