Hostage

Від Chaymurphy

[Highest ranking:#238 in romance,#407 in death] A hostage without chains. That was the weight of the crowns w... Більше

The Monroe Party
The Monroe Party (II)
Drowned
The Talk
Guarantee
Truths
The Price.
The Invitation
AUTHORS NOTE
Death Is All Around You
Gone, Gone, Gone!
Broken
The Bright Side
Together Forever
Here's To Family
Ready When You Are
The Announcement.
Wide Awake
What's your Story?
Marshall Arts School
Ruby
The Fortune Teller
Strangers.
The Best Friend
A New Life
The day it all began
Additional chapter
Gone
Envelope
Secret Admirer
Imperfect Illusion
Oxford university
Words
Reopening scars
Thinking Out Loud
Another Gone
The Detective
Back To The Start
You Don't Belong Here
Party At O'Riley's
Stuck In A Nightmare
Anything In This World
The Perfect Moment
I Still Care About You
Foreigners
School Trip
Revealing Secrets
Bahamas
Lowkey Talking
Moments
Does He Make You Happy?
Vana Illusíon
Revenge Stunt Gone Wrong
I Thought That We Were Forever.
Lost
Favourites
I Choose You.
Comouflage
Love Is Sacrifice
Bad For You
Bandanas
Truths Come Out.
Nothing Else Matters
Hickey(s)
Fuck Family
The Beginning
Make Things Better
If I Tossed A Coin
Just Maybe
A Whole New World
Monster
The Second First Time
Hot and Cold
On The Rocks.
This Isn't Netflix
Because He Loves Us
Ruled Off
A Step Closer
Everyone Has A Story.
What Tells A Story More Than A Painting?
It All Goes Downhill.
The Sad Reality
Whiskey And Kisses
If You Love Me
Certainty
One Step Forward,Ten Steps Back.
A Piece Of You
Hades
One For All
Hurting
The End Of It All
The End Of It All (II)
If I Have You
Unconditional Love
Psychotic Jason
Redemption
Dre Lives On
Final Chapter
Bonus Chapter
Bonus Chapter II
Bonus Chapter III
Bonus Chapter IV

10:20AM

531 36 1
Від Chaymurphy

Roxi's POV

I stared at my reflection in the mirror as I fixed my hairpin into my firmly secured bun and then let out an exasperated sigh. I bent over and then pulled the last drawer open, breathing through my mouth as I reached for the brown envelope in it.

I pulled the envelope out and placed it on the table. Glancing down at it, I placed both hands over it.

This was it.

I was holding our fate in my hands.

I glanced up at the mirror when I felt Will's presence behind me. He placed his hands on my shoulder and then squeezed softly. He offered me a small smile through the glass and as hard as it was to, I faked a smile and lowered my gaze

He was dressed in a grey suit trouser and a black vest.

"Are you ready?" He asked softly.

Could I ever possibly be ready for this?

I turned away from the mirror slowly and then turned to face him instead, meeting his gaze and he bent down slowly until he was squatting in front of me. He placed his hands on each side of my face, cupping my cheeks as he looked me straight in the eyes.

"I won't let any harm come to you, baby." He said with certainty in his voice. "I promise." He continued and I faked a smile, feeling tears gather in my eyes.

It wasn't myself I was worried about.

I was more worried about my brothers than I was about myself.

About Jason.

I drew in a deep breath and then bit down on my lower lip.

"I know." I said, ruffling his hair softly before I let out a breath I didn't realize I had been holding in. "We should go. It's getting pretty late." I told him, stealing a glance at the wall clock.

I watched the minute hand of the clock hit the number four.

10:20AM.

"Let me grab the keys." He told me, giving me a kiss on my forehead before he stood straight and then disappeared into the walk in closet. I drew in a deep breath and then turned back to the mirror, taking a good look at my reflection this time around.

I hadn't bothered to wear any make up and huge eye bags adorned my eyes.

My eyes were devoid of light, swollen. In my opinion, it was very obvious that I had barely gotten any sleep the previous night. I drew in a deep breath and then exhaled, turning around when I heard my phone ring.

I stood up and then walked towards the bed, leaning down to pick up the phone from the bed.

I stared at the unknown caller ID for a few seconds before I hesitantly made a swipe across the screen, my eyebrows narrowing. I placed the phone close to my ear.

"Good morning, this is Roxi Monroe." Although I'd tried to add a little bit of professionalism into the tone of my voice, I had failed terribly at it and ended up sounding like I was choking on food instead. I was quiet for a few seconds, listening to the voice on the other end.

"Wh-what?"I stammered, my voice breaking as tears began to gather in my eyes. I drew in a deep breath, falling to the bed when I felt my legs give way.

And as I listened to the voice on the other end of the line, it felt like my heart was being ripped right out of my body. I placed my right hand over my mouth, searching for words to say, striving to do something other than stutter but all I could do was scream as the phone fell from my hand.

I was in pain, and I was being ripped apart from the inside out.

All I could do in that moment, was scream the words "Why?!" As Will rushed out of the closet and in an instant he was running towards me.

But this time, Will wasn't enough.

For today, Will couldn't be enough.

Jason's POV

If I'd had more time, I could have done better.

But considering the number of hours I had used, the painting came out a lot better than I had expected it to.

Stealing a glance at Ruby as she stretched, I pulled off my apron, feeling the corner of my lips tilt upwards slightly.
I set my apron down on one of the dining tables and then began to pack the paintbrushes, stealing a quick glance at the painting.
Trust that I'd been dramatic enough to refuse Ruby from stealing as much as a glance at the painting until I was ready to show it to her.

She had been too worn out from standing in the same spot for hours that she hadn't even bothered to fight me.

As a matter of fact, she looked like she was enjoying the suspense. I watched her reach in her bag and pull out a pair of really big joggers. She wore them over her leotard and as if she had sensed me staring at her, she raised her gaze to meet mine. To my utmost surprise, she offered me a small smile before she looked away, biting down on her lower lip as she tucked some loose strands of hair behind her ears.

Trust my eyes to take note of every single action.

Fuck!

I looked away awkwardly as I dropped the paintbrushes I had used in a bowl I had gotten from one of the cupboards.

Yeah, the hospital staff weren't going to be very unhappy when they saw the mess I had made.

I ran my fingers through my hair and then turned away when I heard my cellphone ring. I felt in my back pocket in search for it for a few seconds before realization dawned on me that I had stuffed it in the pocket of my apron before I started painting.

I mentally slapped myself as I reached for the apron on the table and then pulled out the phone.

Taking note of the unknown caller ID, I made a swipe across the answer call icon and placed the phone over my ear.

"Jason Monroe." I breathed.

Keenan's POV

Attorney Edwards, my lawyer, glanced down at the contract I had placed in front of him and then back at me, his mouth hanging slightly open.

"M-Mr. Monroe," He stuttered, pushing his round glasses further up the bridge of his nose. "With all due respect, I've been in charge of all your assets for four whole years now so best believe I have your best interest at heart when I say this." He glanced down at the document in front of him and then looked up at me once more. "This is just as risky as it is ridiculous, sir." He said, his expression morphed to show the horror he was feeling. "It's way too generous for a post-nuptial agreement. I mean, you're willing to give a quarter of your assets to this woman. It-it's absurd!" He breathed, shooting up from his seat, his movements so sudden, I unconsciously sat straight too.

I couldn't think straight.

Not with the intensity with which my head was banging.

Not with how uncoordinated my thoughts were.

But I had to at least do this before the arrest.

Kimberly... she had nowhere to go.
She had no money.

And I was worried sick about her.

About how she was faring.

But if I could do this for her, then a good percentage of her problems would be solved.

"Mr. Monroe, if you would please make some amendments to the monetary figures and the number of acres of land in this contract, I would-"

"Please work with the figures on the contract, attorney." I told him. "I would appreciate it if you could have it all arranged as soon as possible too." I added, shifting my gaze to the door when Paul hurriedly walked in, his appearance slightly disheveled.

He looked so shaken, I rose to my feet on impulse the moment he walked in.

"Keenan." He breathed, his voice breaking. "Keenan, I just got off the phone with Detective Jared." He told me, placing his hand over his mouth like his next words were a sin to utter and I let out an exasperated sigh, glancing down at my wristwatch.

10:20AM.

It was about time anyway.

"Bring the car around. We'll head to the station." I told him, taking a step towards the hanger where I had placed my jacket.

"T-They found another body this morning." He blurted and I froze. "They found another body this morning." He repeated, his voice quivering and this time, I turned around to face him, my eyebrows narrowing.

There was something about the sound of his voice.
There was something about it that told me I wasn't going to like the news.

But it was the look in his eyes that terrified me.

I felt a tight pull in my chest and I felt my fingers begin to tremble.

I drew in a deep breath and then exhaled, mentally counting to five before I spoke.

"Who is it?" I asked, my breathing heavy as I took my coat off the hanger, lowering my gaze to the ground as I wore the coat over my shirt. I fidgeted with the buttons for a few seconds seeing as I couldn't seem to get anyone done because of how badly my hands were shaking. "Is it-" I shut my eyes. "Is it Kim?" I muttered, feeling my knees buckle and when Paul didn't say a word until a few seconds passed, I raised my gaze to meet his, feeling tears gather in my eyes. "Is it Kim? Goddammit!" I repeated, raising my voice. Paul took a small step backwards, leaning in to the wall as he let his hands fall from his mouth.

I watched a tear drop fall down his cheeks as he breathed his next words.

"It's Andre,Keen." He said, nearly choking on his words. "Dre's gone." He told me.

In that very second, time stopped.

And the moment it started moving again, all I heard was piercing, white noise.

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

64.1K 1.1K 39
"You can't avoid me forever Lara" I chuckled "I'm ignoring you, you idiot" "Is it?" he slowly came towards me and pressed my body with his. Now I'm c...
51.7K 737 38
This is my first story sooo🤨 He was cold, ruthless, and killed. There was no doubt that people feared him, he was the mafia don for crying out loud...
The Bad Boy Has a Secret (Wattys2018) Від zary

Підліткова література

4.1K 190 41
[HIGHEST RANK= #292 in UNDISCOVERED] #projectasthete Let us all help make our world better, support them guys hehe. In this world, sometimes we w...
664 109 32
//DISCONTINUED// // C R I N G E // During the car ride home... wait- home? That prison that holds me captive is my home? So not only do I say tha...