Gym Buddies

By Imuser304

[slow updates] Modern Rock Lee x fem reader (she/her until ch 42, then they/them for the rest) After moving a... More

a/n
pt. 1 - The beginning
pt. 2 - Metal
pt. 3 - Officially Yours
pt. 4 - Unwanted Visitor
pt. 5 - He's My Ex
pt. 6 - An Explanation
pt. 7 - Hungry
pt. 8 - Technically
pt. 9 - Bullies
pt. 10 - Ramenopolis
pt. 11 - Love Like This
pt. 12 - A Duet
pt. 13 - Breakfast Palace
pt. 14 - Lotus
pt. 15 - "The Museum Chapter"
pt. 16 - School Lunches
pt. 17 - Water Bottle
pt. 18 - Mom's Curry
pt. 20 - With Everything I Am
pt. 21 - Avoidance
pt. 22 - How do You Talk to a Dead Man?
pt. 23 - A Surprise For Sure
pt. 24 - Suki
pt. 25 - A Twisted Fate
pt. 26 - Bed Bound
pt. 27 - Out of Body Experience
pt. 28 - The Mess I am
pt. 29 - A Quiet Decision
pt. 30 - Proof of a Soulmate
pt. 31 - One Night Left
pt. 32 - Showers
Pt. 33 - A Second Plan
pt. 34 - The Same Casts
pt. 35 - Early Departure
pt. 36 - Catching up with Dad
Pt. 37 - An Emergency
pt. 38 - Goodbyes That Weren't Supposed to Be
pt. 39 - An Ending and Beginning
pt. 40 - Midnight Chats
pt. 41 - Aftermath (a/n at the end is important)
get ready for the a/n extravaganza
part X

pt. 19 - Nightmares

96 3 9
By Imuser304

TW: Nightmare with suggestive sexual harassment.

My father and siblings all sat down, leaving two empty seats. I sat and waited for Lee, we would be sharing a seat.

"I don't like him." Kenma said, pulling his phone out. Suki looked at him, and hit the back of his head.

"This isn't about you, Ken," she grunted.

"No. I don't like him ether," my father added.

"Can you guys please maybe tell me why? I'm curious. I like Lee. I love Lee, even. What's so wrong with him?"

"Maybe it's that he already has a kid. He'll always put that kid before you-" I cut Kenma off.

"As he should. I don't need him to put me before Metal. That's his child, and I'm a grown woman, I can handle myself without a man's attention."

"I just don't like that you're dating anyone at all. How do you know Lee isn't a total creep? Huh? Where did you guys even meet?" My dad sat back and listened while Kenma and I argued.

"...The gym..." I replied hesitantly. "B- but it's not like he was checking me out or bothering me! He was super nice, and not pushy at all! We didn't even exchange numbers until our first date. Lee is not a creep! Not in any way.  And what is so wrong with me dating?"

Kenma huffed and put his phone down. "Sasuke." I looked away for a moment. I didn't care anymore. I told Lee what he needed to know, and I'm fine. Fine as I can be.

And that's when my father joined the conversation. "That is why I don't want you dating anyone either. I don't want that to happen to you again. I don't know this guy, and I'm concerned he's going to hurt you."

"You knew Sasuke. You said he was like a son, and that you wanted me to be with him. And what happened, dad? Do you want to say it?"

"He used to be such a good kid! Why can't you see that I was trying to do what was best for you!"

"I-" my mind went blank for a moment, feeling tears prick at the corners of my eyes. I don't want to fight dad. He doesn't have the time for that.

I stared at the ground for a moment, before standing up, almost crying. I made my way to the kitchen, where Lee and my mom were putting away the leftovers. They were talking about... Us. My parent's kids. My mom was rambling about me and my childhood. She stopped when she saw me, standing, obviously bothered. Lee put the bowl he was holding down, and placed his hands on my shoulders. I heard my mom leave the room, letting us be alone.

"What is wrong, Lotus?" He asked, drawing my attention to his eyes. I didn't say anything, but I did wrap my arms around his torso. "Hey, it is okay, really," he brought me closer so I could lean my head on his chest. He slowly rubbed my back, calming me down. I took a deep breath, and Lee kissed the top of my head.

"Thank you," I mumbled, looking up at him with a small side. He leaned closer, and kissed my nose. "You're the best."

"I think that it is actually you, lotus," we started swaying side to side. I chuckled, deciding that I didn't care too much about the opinions of my brother and dad. Lee is far from a creep, and he gives me plenty of attention. "Are you okay now?" Dad is wrong.

"Yes. And that's because of you. Now let's go watch a movie," I pulled away from the hug, and held his hand to meet everyone in the family room again. We stayed by the doorway where we couldn't be seen to listen. It was my idea.

"Well, I like him. He's sweet, and from everything (y/n) has told me, he's been nothing but kind to her. (F/n), I know you're just protective because of Sasuke, I understand that, but Lee is not anything like him. They love each other, and as your wife, and mother, Kenma, I'm asking you to give him the weekend to prove himself."

"Fine. But, if he does anything suspicious-"

"Yes, I know. I do want to make him feel welcomed, though, so at least try to be nice?"

Kenma grunted in agreement. I shook my head slightly, and finally pulled him into the room. We both silently agreed not to talk about it, already knowing my mom liked him. There was still only one seat open, so he sat first, then pulled me on top of him, cradling me in his arms. I felt dad's and Kenma's eyes on me as I laid there, comfortably wrapped in him.

"(Y/n), Lee. I have to assume that you two are tired from driving all day," my mom started. "You don't have to stay up, you'll be here a few days. Go get some rest," she urged after a few minutes of Lee and I sitting. I nodded and looked at Lee, who agreed.

"Only if that's alright with you guys," I said, starting to get up from Lee's lap. He quickly followed behind.

"Yeah. Don't worry about it," she said again. "Goodnight, you two."

The room was filled with a quick chorus of good night's and sleep well's, so Lee and I left to get ready for bed. He stopped in to check on Metal to tell him it was bed time. Metal was already ready to sleep, so I showed him to his room, where he went right to sleep.

Lee and I both brushed our teeth and changed into pajamas so we could lay down. We climbed into the fluffy comforters next to each other, and in a few minutes of shifting, found a comfortable position, went to sleep.

[Dream]

I struggled to get Sasuke away from me, as he continued to make unwanted advances. I wasn't in the mood.

"No, Sasuke."

But he wouldn't stop. He kept touching me, I kept telling him no.

"I don't want to do this, Sasuke. Please stop..."

I pushed him away from me as hard as I could to get him to stop him. But he wouldn't.

I could feel that I was shaking, holding back a river of tears.

"Stop touching me!"

I shouted, even. I was begging. He started to pull my pants down from my waist, and I froze. I couldn't force myself to move to make him stop.

"St- stop!"

I cried. He wouldn't stop. I could feel his fingers running up my shirt, pulling it off of me. He smirked as I continued to sob.

Still shaking, I tried one last unsuccessful attempt to push him away, beginning to rub his hands down to my waist, under the sides of my underwear.

(Y/n). Wake up,

"Lotus, you need to wake up," another voice called. I knew that voice. That voice, familiar, and safe. That's Lee.

I jolted awake, clenching the bedding around me to my chest, a pit of anxiety and fear burning in my stomach. Lee was right next to me, and if I had forgotten I was back home, I would have clung to him.

"I-I- want-t m-my dad-" I shook where I was sitting, tears streaming down my cheeks. I could barely breathe, my chest hurt from the lack of oxygen. Lee was out of the room seconds later to find him. He didn't have to go far, though, he was already at the door step.

"I- I think she was having a nightmare," Lee explained to him. My dad immediately sat next to me, and pulled me into his arms, wiping the tears from my face, and running his hands through my hair.

"I got you, princess. You're safe," he hummed softly as I plastered myself to him. "Shh, it's okay now. I'm here," I sobbed into him, just glad I was home.

"I- it was terrible," I cried.

"Shh, shh, I know. It's all over now." I relaxed right where I was, placing my chin on his shoulder while he comforted me. Lee was sitting at the desk in the corner of the room, just watching.

"Was it something Lee did-"

"No. Lee is amazing. It was just a nightmare," I corrected him, finally able to breathe. He kissed my forehead, and continued to sit with me. "Sorry if I woke you up."

"No, no, I hadn't gone to bed yet. It's all okay. Feel any better?"

"Much. Thanks dad."

"Anything for you, sweetie. Get some sleep now, okay?"

"For sure."

"Do you still want Lee in here?"

"Yes, dad. Stop being so suspicious. You're a good guy, Lee, right?"

Lee chucked, "I would like to think I am." Dad got up off the bed with a small smile, and put a hand on my shoulder.

"If you need anything else..."

"I know, I know. Goodnight, dad."

"Goodnight, sweetie. Night Lee," he left the room. Lee came back to sit next to me.

"Are you okay now?"

"I was having a nightmare about Sasuke. But yeah, I'm okay now. Thanks for getting my dad, and... Sorry I didn't ask just for you," I groaned.

"Do not feel sorry. I know you and your dad are close, and if he was the one you needed at the moment, I am glad we are here," he placed his hand over mine and smiled. I leaned on his shoulder, much better than before. "I love you, (y/n)."

"I love you too. I think I'm ready to try and sleep again," I huffed, and slid back under the covers, Lee finding his place around me. He wrapped his strong arms around my torso, and pulled me close to him, snugging his face into my hair. "Goodnight, Lee."

"Goodnight, my Lotus," he replied, getting as comfortable as he could. I melted into his touch, and closed my eyes.

And I was asleep. I was comfortable. And there were no more nightmares.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.6K 415 31
Naruto and Sasuke has had their first child, Menma. The story continues with that haha! I am bad at writing story info and I don't even know what I...
74.2K 1.2K 52
You're the daughter of kakashi hatake. Everything was good and fine in your life, nothing new until your dad decides he wants you to meet his team...
69.2K 1.7K 25
COMPLETED Naruto and sasuke basically don't like each other. But when their new assignment makes them travel further than ever before, gay panic hun...
42.5K 1.2K 32
#.π™‰π˜Όπ™π™π™π™Š!- Λ—Λπ˜†π—Όπ˜‚'𝗿𝗲 π—΄π—Ώπ—Όπ˜„π—Άπ—»π—΄ π˜π—Άπ—Ώπ—²π—± 𝗼𝗳 𝗺𝗲.ΛŽΛ— ...