The Girl Who Lived ☆ D. MALFOY

By shxdy028

❝ i haven't the slightest idea what you're talking about ❞ ❝ i think you do, potter ❞ • • • Sorry if i... More

~ disclaimer ~
Graphic Library
- PART ONE + playlist
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
A/N
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
- PART TWO + playlist
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65

Chapter 51

2.7K 93 38
By shxdy028

A/N- okay, i know i said i'd do draco's pov in this one, but i forgot and i'd already finished this chapter, sooooo the whole next chapter will be from his pov. hope thats okay with you all 😭 i love hearing your suggestions, so please keep giving them! thank you for all the support. enjoy!

Word Count: 1782

Fleur's parents arrived the next morning near noon, and glancing around the house, I don't remember ever seeing it so clean. Mrs. Weasley never was one to yell at me, but she was positively shaking with pent up rage when she asked me to kindly put on something other than sweatpants and try to make some sense of my hair that was sticking out in every direction and falling into my eyes whenever I moved despite the many pins and ties lost in its mass of unruly strands. In my defense, I'd been cleaning more that morning, and completely unaware that anyone was coming over so soon. Ron was forced to find a pair of matching socks, and Harry did his best to tame the cowlick that never laid flat on the back of his head as well as the random sections that regularly decided to defy gravity. Once we were deemed fit enough, we stood in the yard together, awaiting the guests.

It was no longer possible for anyone to enter the Burrow directly given the amount of protective enchantments placed at the border by both the Ministry of Magic and the Order of the Phoenix. So, in order for the Delecours to enter, Mr. Weasley had gone to meet them at a nearby hill where they would arrive by Portkey, and enter the Burrow with the permission of the Weasleys.

"Maman!" Fleur cried, throwing her arms around a gorgeous blonde woman who could only be Fleur's mother that had appeared from around the corner, led by Mr. Weasley who was laden with luggage. I found myself drooling slightly at the sight of both beautiful women, but quickly turned away to face the others. Fleur had turned to another man entering behind Mr. Weasley. "Papa!"

Monsieur Delacour was quite the opposite of his wife, being short and stout with a small, pointed black beard, but he seemed good natured enough. He bounced towards Mrs. Weasley in his high heeled boots, kissing her on each cheek in greeting, and leaving her quite flustered.

"You 'ave been to much trouble," he said with a surprisingly deep voice that made me have to force down an abrupt snort of laughter. "Fleur tells us you 'ave been working very 'ard."

"Oh, it's been nothing, nothing!" Mrs. Weasley trilled. "No trouble at all!"

I spluttered, using all of my self control not to shout in indignation. Ron expressed his frustration by kicking a rogue gnome that had been peeking out of a nearby bush. Mrs. Weasley and Mr. and Mrs. Delacour engaged in conversation, introducing their younger daughter, Gabrielle, who gave Harry a dazzling look through fluttering eyelashes as we all walked back into the house. Ginny cleared her throat loudly while I turned my laugh into a hacking cough at the glare I received from my brother.

Over the next day, the Delacours proved to be quite pleasant guests, and were delighted to help with anything around the house as well as all the wedding preparations. Despite the new company, Mrs. Weasley still never left the four of us alone after we all got caught slacking off a couple days prior. Even when Harry, Ron, Hermione and I all volunteered to feed the chickens in order to escape the over crowded house and Mrs. Weasley's overbearing, she still came after us moments later.

"Oh, good, you've fed the chickens," she said as she approached, too far away to have heard Ron curse her appearance under his breath. However, she looked quite exhausted, and I felt a swell of pity for all the trouble being and to be caused for her, so I refrained from slipping away this time. "We'd better shut them away again before the men arrive tomorrow to put up the tent for the wedding, Millamant's Magic Marquees, they're very good, Bill's escorting them... You'd better stay inside while they're here, Harry, Y/n. I must say it does complicate organising a wedding, having all these security spells around the place."

Harry pursed his lips and I looked down at my shoes guiltily.

"I'm sorry," said Harry humbly from beside me. I nodded in agreement, still studying my trainers.

Mrs. Weasley looked at us as if just realising how we'd interpreted her words. "Oh, don't be silly, dears!" said Mrs. Weasley immediately after. "I didn't mean— well, your safety's much more important! Actually, I've been wanting to ask you how you want to celebrate your birthday, you two. Seventeen, after all, it's an important day,"

"Oh, we don't want a fuss," I answered quickly, knowing the amount of additional strain that would add on to everyone. "Really, Mrs. Weasley, just a normal dinner would be fine. It's the day before the wedding."

"Oh, well, if you're sure, dear. I'll invite Remus and Tonks, shall I? And how about Hagrid?"

"That'd be great," said Harry with a smile. "But please don't go to loads of trouble."

"Not at all, not at all. It's no trouble. Is there anyone else you'd like to invite?" she asked with a searching look in my direction. I tried not to grimace at the question.

"No, Mrs. Weasley, that sounds wonderful."

She gave us both one last look before straightening up and walking away. I found myself trying not to grimace once again as I thought about the amount of pain and inconvenience I was causing her. Leaving the Burrow behind wasn't an option I liked, but to me, it seemed like the best one. Nevertheless, our friends all insisted we stay as long as possible, the four of us knowing 'as long as possible' was only two more days. We were to leave directly after the wedding, if not sooner.

After bidding the three beside me a quick goodbye, I slipped up to my temporary living quarters to finally respond to the letter I'd received from Draco. There had been so much going, it was hard for me to find a moment where I could spend time away from everyone else and think on what to say in response. I knew what he needed to hear, but it was difficult to find the words nonetheless. So, after a few moments of tense writing, I stared down at my hopefully finished letter with hesitation.

My dearest ferret,

You are by far the most over dramatic man I have ever met. Yet still I love you for it. There are far too many things for us to work out, and I'd rather not do it in a letter, so be at peace knowing I'd already forgiven you long ago until we are to meet again. I know you're not the one at fault here, so let's just say I like your employer as much as I'd enjoy walking a blast-ended skrewt.

As you should know by now, 'stupid' happens to be my middle name, so I can't make any promises, but I'll do my best not to get into too much trouble while we're apart.

Thank you for your last bit of information, but it shouldn't be a problem. My friends and I will all be going on holiday soon enough. I mean you no offense, but I hope we don't meet you on our travels too soon. We'd rather not be interrupted.

Still, I anxiously await the day I can return to you. Optimistically thinking, it shouldn't be long now. I believe it would be you trying not to miss me too much, though I know it's torture not to be graced by my presence.

With love and mild annoyance,

Your Favourite

I smiled down at the paper after reading it a few more times to be sure there wasn't any clear indication of who had written it. Once satisfied, she stuffed it into a slightly crumpled envelope, wrote his name across the front, and borrowed Pigwidgeon to send it since the Malfoy manor was not such a long distance. When it was off, I felt a large weight lift from my chest and found myself smiling faintly at nothing for a moment before the door burst open. I had been putting away the quill, ink, and extra parchment I'd used to write the letter when Hermione and Ginny came into the room rather suddenly. They both stopped talking at the sight of me kneeling in front of my trunk.

"Oh, sorry, didn't know you were in here," said Ginny, throwing herself down on her bed. Hermione lingered in the doorway for a moment before sitting down on her own camp bed beside mine.

"It's fine, I was just about to turn in," I lied. In reality, I had been planning to stay up reading, hoping his response would come quickly, but thought better of it when they both entered. I had no idea how they'd react to me sending him letters given our current situation, but I figured it would be best to play it safe. Hermione frowned at me.

"You never go to bed early. Most times, I have trouble getting you to go to sleep before three in the morning," she said with narrowed eyes. I turned to look at her with what I hoped were convincingly tired eyes.

"Yes, I know, but I'm exhausted," I said, giving an exaggerated yawn at which she rolled her eyes. "Big day tomorrow, and Mrs. Weasley's been working us like house elves."

"Well, maybe now you'll understand their pain!" she exclaimed, and I half expected her to pull out her box of S.P.E.W. badges from her back pocket. Thankfully, Ginny saved me from having to once again respectfully decline my best friend's offers to participate in S.P.E.W. efforts.

"I almost forgot, you're of age tomorrow!" said Ginny with a grin in my direction. "Most of the time you act seven rather than seventeen—"

She was cut off by a pillow smacking her in the face as she laughed at my affronted expression. Hermione chuckled slightly from off to the side as well, and I ended up laughing anyway despite my valiant effort to remain indignant.

We simply sat there, laughing and bringing up as many unflattering stories about each other as we could remember. It was pleasant, and my thoughts of the looming danger melted away for a brief moment. However, I still wished that moment hadn't been so very brief as I glanced at the dimming skyline just outside the window. Another day passed, making us another day closer to having to face that danger head on, and despite my efforts to remain optimistic, my mind continually drifted to the reassurance that not everyone was likely to make it out of this. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.6K 694 44
Emily Potter is Harry Potter's twin sister. They have always been together in everything. Until their letter came in the mail. They got to Hagwarts a...
12.4K 602 16
This is the definitive story of what I want to tell, and how I want to tell it. Y/N= Your name L/N= Last name E/C= eye color h/c= hair color
33.8K 935 21
I'm sure you've heard of Harry Potter and how he defeated the dark lord, Lord Voldemort. But what if he has the sister, a twin sister to be exact, w...
133K 2.7K 21
~𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 1~ 𝒀/𝒏 𝑷𝒐𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓, twin sister of 𝑯𝒂𝒓𝒓𝒚 𝑷𝒐𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓 the "𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐧 𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬" as the Wizarding World calls them. They have live...