Gym Buddies

By Imuser304

[slow updates] Modern Rock Lee x fem reader (she/her until ch 42, then they/them for the rest) After moving a... More

a/n
pt. 1 - The beginning
pt. 2 - Metal
pt. 4 - Unwanted Visitor
pt. 5 - He's My Ex
pt. 6 - An Explanation
pt. 7 - Hungry
pt. 8 - Technically
pt. 9 - Bullies
pt. 10 - Ramenopolis
pt. 11 - Love Like This
pt. 12 - A Duet
pt. 13 - Breakfast Palace
pt. 14 - Lotus
pt. 15 - "The Museum Chapter"
pt. 16 - School Lunches
pt. 17 - Water Bottle
pt. 18 - Mom's Curry
pt. 19 - Nightmares
pt. 20 - With Everything I Am
pt. 21 - Avoidance
pt. 22 - How do You Talk to a Dead Man?
pt. 23 - A Surprise For Sure
pt. 24 - Suki
pt. 25 - A Twisted Fate
pt. 26 - Bed Bound
pt. 27 - Out of Body Experience
pt. 28 - The Mess I am
pt. 29 - A Quiet Decision
pt. 30 - Proof of a Soulmate
pt. 31 - One Night Left
pt. 32 - Showers
Pt. 33 - A Second Plan
pt. 34 - The Same Casts
pt. 35 - Early Departure
pt. 36 - Catching up with Dad
Pt. 37 - An Emergency
pt. 38 - Goodbyes That Weren't Supposed to Be
pt. 39 - An Ending and Beginning
pt. 40 - Midnight Chats
pt. 41 - Aftermath (a/n at the end is important)
get ready for the a/n extravaganza
part X

pt. 3 - Officially Yours

182 6 15
By Imuser304

(^^anothr drawing of mine)

[3 weeks later]

We had been on a few more dates, and as often as we could find the time, we would work out at the gym together. I enjoyed the dates most when it was Lee and Metal together. Our fourth date was a picnic at a park, where Lee and I watched Metal play on an empty playground.

It had been a long day for me, work ran late, and I was meeting him at 7. I would be at the restaurant we decided on soon enough.

"Hey!" I saw him, and quickly approached him. He immediately put his arm out to hug me, and I was so happy to be there after today. We waited to be seated, he kept an arm around my waist as the line moved. "I'm so glad we're out tonight," I sighed, leaning on him.

"Long day?"

"More than you know. I didn't even want to drive, so I took an Uber," we were seated at a table near the window as we continued to talk.

"That sounds stressful. I am sorry."

"It's not a big deal. I'm just glad to be here with you instead of being alone," I looked down at the menu for a moment, already knowing what I wanted. "Anyway, what's Metal doing while you're out?"

"His friend asked him to spend the night. He is not home."

"Huh. I hope he has a good time," I smiled, the thought that Metal was happy made me happy.

"Hey, I was wondering, how long have you lived in the city?"

I shrugged. "About six months, I guess."

"Do you like it? The city I mean?"

"Yeah. I met this guy at the gym a few weeks ago, he's made it a lot more fun and interesting for me." Lee gained a confused expression.

"Wait... Who?" He's joking, right?

"Oh, you know him. He's really cute, he's taller than I am, funny, super fit, and overall a really nice guy," I giggled. "He's even got a kid. We've been out for a few weeks now."

"M-maybe I should go. This guy seems really important to you-"

"You goon!" I grabbed his hand. "It is you!" I laughed.

"...oh," he looked out the window. My eyes gazed over his nervous posture.

"You okay, Lee? You seem... unsettled."

"I guess I am a little nervous, for more reasons than one," he turned back to me. I nodded for him to go on. "Metal has never spent the night at someone else's house, and with how anxious he gets, I guess I am just a bit concerned."

"Maybe it's normal. You are his father after all," the waiter came around to take our orders. Lee ordered something, I wasn't paying attention, as I was too focused on what else he was nervous about. "Can I get the grilled chicken Caesar salad with a water," I ordered. The waiter left and my attention was back to Lee. "Anything else making you nervous?"

"Yeah but I will tell you later. Do not worry about it," he looked at me and grinned. I smiled back, sighed, and looked outside, placing my hand on the table. His hand was almost immediately over mine. It was warm, soft, and bigger than mine, still wrapped up. It brought along a strange sense of peace and comfort. "You look exhausted," he rubbed my hand with his thumb.

"I am," Our orders arrived and we began eating. He seemed to finish faster than me on most of his food, but offered me some of his fries. I didn't deny them, but only ate a few. By the time he had finished eating, I still had some left. But, not wanting to keep him waiting for me, I told him I didn't feel hungry anymore. He seemed concerned at the idea of me not eating enough. I assured him I was alright and pulled out my phone to get an Uber at the front door to the restaurant.

"Before you do that, I was wondering, since I am home alone... If you wanted to maybe... Come over? We can watch a movie or something," he suggested.

"Oh. If you're sure," I blushed, looking off to the side.

"Absolutely," he nodded, grabbing my hand. He took me straight to his car and stood with me at the passengers side. "Okay... About me being nervous," he took a deep breath and squeezed his eyes closed. "W-will you be my girlfriend?" I immediately jumped into a hug, I was ecstatic from the question. I had been waiting since our first date for him to ask.

"Yes! I really like you, I would love to be your girlfriend," I replied, burying my face in his chest as he hugged me back. I let him go for a moment, before placing my hands on his cheeks to pull his face down to my level. He smiled nervously, but closed his eyes again to lean into a soft kiss. Our first kiss.

"That was nice," he seemed a little dumbstruck, not sure how to react.

"Yeah, it was. Maybe we should go now?" I held his hand in mine as we stood there.

"Y-yeah," he agreed, opening the door for me, and making his way to the driver's side. Once we were both in, he started the car, and we left. He had one hand on the steering wheel, the other nervously picking at the hem of his shirt.

I quietly grabbed his hand away from his shirt and placed it on my thigh, my hand only resting over his. I nodded at the feeling, it was perfect. He was perfect. However, still nervous.

The car was comfortably quiet, the radio at a low volume, the air conditioner slightly blowing on my face. We arrived to his house after about twenty minutes of silent conversing. He took me inside, I just looked around for a minute.

"Want a tour?" He asked, only half joking.

"Uhh... Sure," He took me around his two bedroom, one bathroom home, showing me where the bathroom is, Metal's perfectly clean room, Lee's slightly less clean, but very comfortable looking room, and the kitchen along with the living room, decorated with pictures of him and his son. Not a single picture of Metals mom anywhere, not even in the baby photos. Overall, his house could be described as comfortable and safe, a place I could imagine myself in. But maybe I shouldn't think so far ahead.

"So? What do you think of my house?"

"I like it, it feels nice," I replied, still looking around.

"Would you like to watch a movie?" He suggested, looking down at me. "I have the t.v. out here, and another one in my room."

"A movie sounds nice," I smiled, not really sure. For all I care, I could just sleep. "Can we watch in your room?"

"Sure thing," he agreed, showing me to his room again. He invited me onto his bed, comfortably sitting up with all the pillows. I was quick to join him as he scrolled through all the movies he has. "What do you want to watch?" He asked.

"I'm good with anything. I can't guarantee that I won't fall asleep half way through, I'm so tired," I yawned, cuddling into his chest. His arm was around me, keeping me close to him. I looked up at his face, and leaned my forehead on his. He kissed the tip of my nose and looked back at the t.v. "you seem to have lots of Marvel movies. I'm a fan of Spiderman," I sunk deeper into his warmth. "Especially the newer movies, I think Tom Holland does a really good job."

Lee turned Spiderman: Far From Home on, and looked at me, clearly taking note of how sleepy I was getting.

"Do you want to spend the night? You look really tired," he asked. I thought it was already implied that I would stay the night. 

"It's probably safer than me trying to get home. Can I borrow some clothes to sleep in?"

"Yeah. How about I pause the movie, we can get ready for bed, and then we can watch?" He suggested, scooting out of the bed. I nodded, and followed him to his closet, where he gave me a pair of shorts and a tee shirt to change into.

"Do you have an extra tooth brush I can use?"

"In the drawer under the sink," he replied. I made my way into the bathroom and changed, brushed my teeth, and smoothed out my hair with my fingers.

"What should I do with it when I'm done?" I called, staring at the blue on the handle, opposed to the green on his.

"Put it with mine, I guess," I nodded and put it in the same cup with his before leaving the bathroom, holding my clothes in one hand. I set them on top of my purse, and passed Lee in the hall, so he could get ready for bed.

I smiled at him slightly, and went to his room, right under the covers and waited a few minutes before he came back. He quickly turned the movie back on and got in with me. His arm was back around me in no time at all.

"In case I fall asleep before the movie is over, I should say goodnight," he leaned over and kissed my forehead.

"Goodnight, (y/n). Sleep well."

"I'm sure I will," I closed my eyes and just listened. His heartbeat was faster than I imagined it would be. I think he was nervous for our first sleepover.

I relaxed, and soon found myself comfortably asleep.

[Sorry for the awkward ending, I originally wrote a lot more and didn't know where to stop.]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

796 56 11
A young woman with a powerful kekkei genkai and a tortured past is brought to the leaf to become an ally. Building friendships she never prepared for...
82.9K 4.2K 28
i want to talk to you until there's nothing left to say. and then i want to show you the way i love you like everything but a friend. <꒱ ‧₊˚ ⋅ stol...
7.8K 320 19
Ohayō! You're a 28 year old Jonin living in the Hidden Leaf Village. You've always played things by the book, never straying from what you were taugh...
139K 3.3K 50
"𝗬/𝗡 𝗨𝗖𝗛𝗜𝗛𝗔, 𝗨𝗡𝗗𝗘𝗧𝗘𝗖𝗧𝗔𝗕𝗟𝗘 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗗𝗔𝗡𝗚𝗘𝗥𝗢𝗨𝗦. 𝗝𝗨𝗦𝗧 𝗟𝗜𝗞𝗘 𝗛𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗔𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗥..." A book where the Konaha boys take...