The Girl With Fire For Hair

Від embers_dragon_

Y/n was considered the perfect girl. Perfect grades, her parents let her do whatever she wants, she's a part... Більше

The Girl
Dwarves?
Blunt The Knives... Oh Wait, He's Here
In The Company Of Dwarves
Lukhudel
Can We Cook Him?
Elves Are Actually Nice
Stone Giants?! What Next?!
King Chin Head And His Gang
Bear Man?
Elves... Great...
I'm Fine
Barrel Runs and Open Wounds
A Promise
Hey, Look! A Dragon!
Come Out, Come Out, Wherever You Are
End Of The Desolation?
Return of the Princes
The Arkenstone... Is Gone?
One Last Time?
Battle Means Death... Doesn't It?
Celebration of Goodbyes
Home Is Where You Are
In The Halls Of Kings
Where We Belong

Radagast's Warning

3.1K 76 141
Від embers_dragon_

As they packed up camp, Thorin asked Gandalf where he went, and why the trolls were that far south. They both concludes that there was a cave nearby that they used for shelter during the day. So they searched for the cave, soon finding it. Instantly, the stench was overwhelming, causing Y/n and some of the other dwarves to gag.

"Oh, what's that stench?!" Bofur exclaimed, covering his nose with the back of his hand.

"It's a troll hoard. Be careful what you touch," Gandalf warned. A few dwarves coughed as they descended into the cave, seeing treasure from every culture, race, and people.

"Seems a shame just to leave it lying around. Anyone could take it," Bofur said.

"Agreed. Nori, get a shovel." Y/n searched through the treasure in awe, running her fingers over gold coins and chests. She soon found a barrel of swords and looked through them. Some were broken, or dull, but there had to be a sword that wasn't broken or dull. When she saw a handle of black, with gold detailing, it instantly caught her eye. She pulled the sword out of the barrel, and held it in her hands. Holding the sheath by her side, she pulled out the sword and held it above her head.

"It's beautiful," a voice said. Y/n turned, seeing Kili gazing at her. She felt a blush creep into her face as she placed the sword back in its sheath.

"T-thanks," she replied. She wrapped the leather band around her waist with the sword attached. She began to walk out of the cave, when she saw a few dwarves burying a chest. Gloin looked up at her and smiled.

"We're making a long-term deposit." Y/n laughed at them and fully exited into the fresh air, taking a deep breath. One by one, the dwarves left the cave and gathered a little ways away, so they couldn't smell it.

"Something's coming!" Thorin yelled.

"Stay together! Hurry, now! Arm yourselves!" Gandalf informed them. Y/n unsheathed the sword once again, holding the handle in both her hands as they prepared for what was coming. Out of the bushes burst a sled lead by huge rabbits! A man stood on the sled, who looked terrified.

"Thieves! Fire! Murder!" the man cried.

"Radagast. It's Radagast the Brown!" Gandalf smiled. He put his sword away and approached the other wizard. "What on earth are you doing here?" Y/n copied Gandalf's actions, placing her sword back at her side and crossing her arms over her chest.

"I was looking for you, Gandalf. Something's wrong. Something's terribly wrong...."

"Yes?" Gandalf asks.

Radagast goes to speak, but pauses. "Just give me a minute. Um...Oh! I had a thought and now I've lost it. It was...it was was right there, on the tip of my tongue! Oh! It's not a thought at all! It's a silly old... stick insect." Radagast stuck out his tongue, and Gandalf removed the insect, handing it back to Radagast.

"The Greenwood is sick, Gandalf. A darkness has fallen over it, nothing grows anymore. At least nothing good. The air is foul decay, but worse are the webs."

"Webs? What do you mean?"

"Spiders, Gandalf. Giant ones. Some kind of spawn of Ungoliant, or I'm not a wizard. I followed their trail. They came from Dol Guldur." Y/n froze. If there was one thing she hated, it was spiders. Being all creepy crawly, and just scary in generally...

"Dol Guldur? But the old fortress is abandoned," Gandalf said.

Radagast shook his head. "No, Gandalf. It is not. A dark power dwells in there, such as I have never felt before. It is the shadow of an ancient horror. One that can summon the spirits of the dead. I saw him, Gandalf. From out of the darkness, the Necromancer has come!" He stared into the distance, a blank stare on his face. "Sorry."

"Try a little old Toby. It'll help setting your nerves." He offered the pipe to Radagast, who inhaled. "And out." Radagast let out a happy sigh as smoke exhaled his mouth and ears. Gandalf continued, "Now, the Necromancer. Are you sure?"

"That is not from the world of the living." Radagast handed Gandalf something, causing Gandalf to become wide eyed. A bloodcurdling howl shook the air, causing Y/n to freeze once more.

"Was that a wolf? Are there...are there wolves out there?" Bilbo questioned. Bofur looked at the hobbit.

"Wolves? No, that is not a wolf." A growl rumbles behind them, and wasting not time at all, she whipped out her bow, aiming it at the wolf like creature. She shot, and it entered the creature's skull, rendering it dead.

"Warg scouts! Which means an orc pack is not far behind!" Thorin yelled once again.

"Orc pack?" Bilbo's expression turned to worry and fear as Y/n readied another arrow.

"Who did you tell about your quest, beyond your kin?" Gandalf demanded.

Thorin looked Gandalf dead in the eye. "No one."

"Who did you tell?!"

"No one, I swear! What in Durin's name is going on?"

"You're being hunted."

"Well then let's get out of here before we become a warg snack! The horses have bolted, so they'll be no use," Y/n said.

"I'll draw them off," Radagast stated.

"These are Gundabad wargs. They will outrun you!"

Radagast smiled smugly, getting on his sled. "These are Rhosgobel rabbits. I'd like to see them try." He raced off, the orcs and wargs following him close behind. The Company began to make their way across the plain, staying close together for safety. It was like a dangerous game of hide-and-seek. But, if you were found, you died a bloody, gruesome death...

"Where are you leading us?" Thorin asked Gandalf. They hide underneath a cliff as a warg sniffs the rock above them. Y/n pulls back the arrow on her bow, glancing over at Thorin, who nods. Y/n leaned out of their hiding spot and shot the warg, then the orc. The orc squealed in pain, most likely alerting the other orcs.

"Oops..." Y/n hissed. They look over and see orcs and wargs alike racing towards them.

"Move! Run!" Gandalf demanded. Y/n didn't need to be told twice as she sprinted away from the orcs.

"There they are!"

"This way! Quickly!" Gandalf beckoned.

Kili glanced back, gulping. "There's more coming!"

"Kili! Y/n! Shoot them!" Thorin called. Y/n skidded to a halt, adding and releasing arrow after arrow towards the orcs, successfully killing many of them. Kili did the same, silently admiring Y/n's skill.

"We're surrounded!" Fili exclaimed. "Where's Gandalf?"

"He's abandoned us!"

"Hold your ground!" Y/n exchanged her bow for a sword, slicing an Orc who was about to attack Kili. He nodded towards her in thanks, and she copied, darting towards another orc.

"This way, you fools!" Gandalf called from behind a rock. As the dwarves began to file in, they discovered that it was a secret tunnel. Thorin stuck his head out of the entrance, seeing Y/n and Kili killing more and more orcs.

"Y/n! Kili! Run!" Y/n swiftly returned the sword to the sheath and began running towards the tunnel. Kili ran alongside her as they raced away from oncoming orcs. One of the wargs caught up to them, biting at Y/n. It pushed her down with it's paw and leaned over her, growling. An arrow zoomed through the air, hitting the warg and causing it to fall beside her. Kili hurried to her side and lifted her up, keeping a firm grip on her hand until they reached the rock. Y/n slid down the rock into the tunnel, Kili right behind her, knocking her over. This time, his hands were on the side of her head and her eyes were closed in fear. Kili stood up, grabbing her hand and lifting to her feet as she began to cry. Kili held her waist, as her arms fell around his neck, her face buried in his hair.

"Shhh, Lukhudel. It's alright. You're okay. I've got you," Kili whispered.

"Do we follow the path or not?" Dwalin asked the group.

"We follow it, of course!" Bofur smiled.

"I think that would be wise," Gandalf agreed. The Company, besides Kili and Y/n.

"We should follow them..." Kili said softly, stroking her firey hair. She pulled away, looking at him with teary, e/c eyes and nodded.

"Yeah..." she sniffed, wiping her cheeks. "Let's go..." Kili made sure to stay very near her, checking up on her to make sure she was okay. They saw a light and quickly made their way towards it. It was a beautiful valley with green trees and sparkling waterfalls. Y/n had almost forgotten that she was scared out of her mind when she saw the stunning place.

"The Valley of Imladris. In the common tongue, it's known by another name," Gandalf explained.

"Rivendell," Bilbo breathed.

🗡️🗡️🗡️

A/N: Ayee! How many chapters is that today? 4? 5? I don't know, but it's a good thing! I really hope this is an enjoyable book! Bye, loves!! ❤️

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

29.9K 923 10
In the next part of our story, the company of Thorin Oakenshield rush across Middle-Earth in order to get to the Lonely Mountain by Durin's Day. (Y/n...
2.9K 155 15
A THORIN OAKENSHIELD x OC FANFIC Blair Baggins, sister to Bilbo Baggins, has lived in The Shire her whole life, considering what's beyond the border...
365K 12K 47
A long time after a far moons passed, The Kingdom of Erebor in the Lonely Mountain was taken from the dwarves by the evil fire breathing dragon...
12.5K 337 34
Discover the incredible story of a girl who, together with Thorin's Company embarks on a journey through the Middle-Earth to regain the former house...