The Girl With Fire For Hair

By embers_dragon_

Y/n was considered the perfect girl. Perfect grades, her parents let her do whatever she wants, she's a part... More

The Girl
Dwarves?
Blunt The Knives... Oh Wait, He's Here
Lukhudel
Can We Cook Him?
Radagast's Warning
Elves Are Actually Nice
Stone Giants?! What Next?!
King Chin Head And His Gang
Bear Man?
Elves... Great...
I'm Fine
Barrel Runs and Open Wounds
A Promise
Hey, Look! A Dragon!
Come Out, Come Out, Wherever You Are
End Of The Desolation?
Return of the Princes
The Arkenstone... Is Gone?
One Last Time?
Battle Means Death... Doesn't It?
Celebration of Goodbyes
Home Is Where You Are
In The Halls Of Kings
Where We Belong

In The Company Of Dwarves

3.8K 94 126
By embers_dragon_

After Bilbo had recovered from his fainting, he sat on a chair with a mug in his hands. He stared at the fire, which Y/n added more wood to so it kept burning.

"I’ll be alright. Just let me sit quietly for a moment," Bilbo said. He'd said that a few times already, and Gandalf had had enough.

"You’ve been sitting quietly for far too long. Tell me, when did doilies and your mother’s dishes become so important to you? I remember a young hobbit who was always running off in search of Elves, in the woods. He’d stay out late, come home, after dark, trailing mud and twigs and fireflies. A young hobbit who would’ve liked nothing better than to find out what was beyond the borders of the Shire. The world is not in your books and maps. It’s out there," Gandalf said, pointing to the window. Bilbo glanced over, seeing the moonlight stream through the glass.

"I can’t just go running off into the blue! I am a Baggins, of Bag End!" Bilbo defended. Y/n rolled her eyes.

Gandalf sparked an idea as Y/n stood, her arms crossed over her chest once again, near the fireplace. "You are also a Took. Did you know that your great, great, great, great uncle Bullroarer Took, was so large he could ride a real horse?"

Bilbo nodded.

"Yes, well he could! In the battle of Greenfields, he charged the goblin ranks he swung his club so hard, it knocked the goblin king’s head clean off, and it sailed a hundred yards through the air, and went down a rabbit hole. And thus the battle as won, and the game of golf invented at the same time." Y/n chuckled at this, neither of them looking towards her.

"I do believe you made that up."

Gandalf sighed, "Well, all good stories deserve embellishment. You’ll have a tale or two to tell of your own when you come back."

"Can you promise that I will come back?"

"No," Gandalf paused. "And if you do, you’ll not be the same."

Bilbo clicked his tongue, saying, "That’s what I thought." He stood up, placing the contract on the table. "Sorry, Gandalf, I can’t sign this. You’ve got the wrong hobbit."

"Oh screw it Bilbo Baggins!" Y/n exclaimed. Bilbo froze, looking towards her. "Screw Bag End! Screw staying at home all your life! My parents don't care what I do, because they trust me, but I have been to some of the most amazing things because I decided to leave home! If I hadn't, I would be just as scared to go with them as well... Just take a chance! You might like what you find when you are done." She left the room, going to where the other dwarves were, huffing as she leaned against the wall. They said nothing to her, just let her stay there.

The dwarves had their pipes in hand, occasionally exhaling puffs of smoke into the air. Thorin was beside the fireplace, his eyes fixed on the fire, reminiscing in memories he wanted to forget. The dwarves began humming deep notes, causing Y/n to perk up.

"Far over the Misty Mountains cold.

To dungeons deep and caverns old.

We must away ere break of day.

To find our long forgotten gold."

Bilbo sat on a bed in a room across the hall, listening to the song being sung. Y/n straightened up, remembering the echo of their voices as she blacked out earlier in this world.

"The pines were roaring on the height,

the winds were moaning in the night.

The fire was red, it flaming spread.

The trees like torches blazed with light."

The last notes were hummed, before they stopped, leaving a silence upon the room. Y/n slightly glanced down at the ground, and the dwarves began to file out of the room. Y/n went to leave as well, but she saw Kili in front of her, worry in his eyes.

"Are you okay, Y/n?" he asked quietly.

"Yes, why?" she questioned. He gently reached up, rubbing his thumb across her cheek and pulling it away.

"You're crying..." Kili whispered. She, too, wiped her cheek, feeling the wet substance on her fingers.

Y/n chuckled slightly, "So I am." She wiped the rest of the tears from her face before smiling at him softly. "I'm okay. I'm probably just tired. I need sleep..."

"Of course, my lady."

*TIME SKIP*

"Y/n... Y/n wake up. We have to go..." a voice mumbled. She opened her eyes to see Kili kneeling beside her, smiling.

"Hi, Kili," she said softly.

"Hi, Y/n. You have to get up, the Company is leaving. Here," Kili whispered, handing her a small package. She sat up and opened the wrappings. Y/n gasped softly as she pulled out the most beautiful bow she had ever seen. It was brown, with gold detailing surrounding it. The quiver was the same, except with brown leather instead of wood.

The bow was lightweight and easy to use. Y/n looked at Kili with a look of awe on her face as she hugged him close.

"Thank you, Kili," she said.

"No problem. Now come on, we have to go before  Thorin and the others leave us for good!" Kili laughed. Y/n copied, standing up to make it easier to attach the quiver to her back, along with the bow. She followed Kili out of the house and towards the rest of the Company.

Gandalf extended the reins of a horse to Y/n, which she gladly took. She mounted the animal, seeing some supplies on the back behind the saddle. Y/n smiled gratefully at Gandalf, and began to ride in between Kili and Fili. After a while of riding, they heard a voice from behind.

"Wait! Wait!" Bilbo called. The horse's stopped and everyone turned to see him running towards the Company. He held up the contract, saying, "I signed it!" Balin took the contract from Bilbo's hand, looking over the words.

"Everything appears to be in order," Balin grinned. "Welcome, master Baggins, to the company of Thorin Oakenshield."

"Give him a horse," Thorin demanded.

"No, no, no, no. That…that won’t be necessary. Thank you. I’m sure I can keep up on foot. Yeah, I…I’ve done my fair share of walking holidays, you know? Even got as far as Frog Morton once." Two of the dwarves lifted Bilbo up and placed him one one of the extra horses.

"Come on, Nori! Pay up!" Oin exclaimed. A bag of coins sailed through the air and Oin caught it. Several other bags flew through the air, with other dwarves catching them.

"What’s that about?" Bilbo inquired.

"Oh, they took wagers on whether or not you’d turn up. Most of them bet that you wouldn’t," Gandalf shrugged.

"And what did you think?"

"Well...." Gandalf caught a bag of coins thrown to him as he chuckled. "My dear fellow, I never doubted you for a second."

Bilbo looked to the firey haired girl, "Did Y/n...?"

"Thorin! Fork it up!" Y/n called. Thorin shook his head, tossing a bag back to her. She laughed successfully and put the bag in her side pouch.

"Ah. So she did bet..." Bilbo then sneezed, making a soft noise of disgust as he searched his person for a handkerchief. "Oh, it’s horse hair. Having a reaction. Uh…wait, wait. Stop! Stop! We have to turn around."

"What on earth is the matter?"

"I forgot my handkerchief."

"Here," Bofur began, tearing a piece of his tunic off and tossing it to the hobbit. "Use this." The dwarves laughed and continued on as Bilbo held it in dismay, annoyance, and disgust.

"You’ll have to manage without pocket handkerchiefs, and a good many other things, Bilbo Baggins, before we reach our journey’s end. You were born to the rolling hills and little rivers of the Shire. But home is now behind you. The world is ahead..."

🗡️🗡️🗡️

A/N: I am having SO much fun writing this story, you have no idea!!! I've never been so inspired in my life!! What are you think of this??? Have any theories?? I wanna see if y'all are close to what I have in mind 😏 Anyways... Three chapters in one day??? I'm on a roll!! Hope you enjoy!! Love you all, and I hope you all are doing good in quarantine!! Byeeeee!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.7K 923 10
In the next part of our story, the company of Thorin Oakenshield rush across Middle-Earth in order to get to the Lonely Mountain by Durin's Day. (Y/n...
12.1K 304 34
Discover the incredible story of a girl who, together with Thorin's Company embarks on a journey through the Middle-Earth to regain the former house...
245K 6.7K 56
βž€π˜‰π˜–π˜–π˜’ 1 ➀𝘍π˜ͺ𝘭π˜ͺ 𝘹 𝘳𝘦𝘒π˜₯𝘦𝘳 𝘹 π˜’π˜ͺ𝘭π˜ͺ 𝘹 π˜›π˜©π˜°π˜³π˜ͺ𝘯 The old books you found in the basement tell the story about another world dominate...
63.6K 1.5K 54
(Y/N) is the daughter of Bilbo Baggins, she is a curious, kind and loyal young lady who has always wondered what life is like outside of the Shire. ...