𝒯𝒽ℯ 𝒫𝓇𝒾𝓃𝒸ℯ'𝓈 𝒞𝒽ℴ𝒾�...

Από maya_lara1

"Are you sure you're one of the girls? You seem like a spy to me. Are you spy, Arabella?" My name rolled of h... Περισσότερα

𝓒𝓪𝓼𝓽
Chapter |1| Welcome to my life
Chapter |2|Auction
Chapter |3| The Palace
Chapter |4| Ballgowns
Chapter |5| A Hidden Stranger
Chapter |6| The Girls
Chapter |7| Old Foes
Chapter |8| Lurking In The Dark
Chapter |9| A Grand Entrance
Chapter |10| Prince Hardin
Chapter |11| The First Competition
Chapter |12| Addiction
Chapter |13| Scandalous Attire
Chapter |14| Down On My Knees
Chapter |15| Getting Dirty
Chapter |16| Humiliation
Chapter |17| Betrayal
Chapter |18| Parading Around
Chapter |19| The First Elimination
Chapter |20| The Forbidden Fruit
Chapter |22| Underneath The Stars
Chapter |23| Jealousy From The Crown
Chapter |24| All Tangled Up
Chapter |25| Gym Bunnies
Chapter |26| A Painful Injury
Chapter |27| An Unlikely Incident
Chapter |28| Blood Red
Chapter |29| A Date From The Heavens
Chapter |30| Be Our Guest
Chapter |31| A Dance To Remember
Chapter |32| Spiralling
Chapter |33| A Fall
Chapter |34| My Rock
Chapter |35| The Innocence Of An Angel
Chapter |36| The Suite
Chapter |37| A Picture
Chapter |38| The Maze Of Horror
Chapter |39| Caught
Chapter |40| Talent
Chapter |41| A Deadly Surprise
Chapter |42| The Fight
Chapter |43| Voices
Chapter |44| Catfight
Chapter |45| A Royal Affair
Chapter |46| Let The Music Play
Chapter |47| Notes
Chapter |48|Rose petals
Chapter |49| Mr Gavin Hart
Chapter |50| Finally Lost
Chapter |51| Never Giving Up
Chapter |52| A Confession From The Heart
Chapter |53| The Prince's Choice
Epilogue
The Rise Of A Queen
My Stories

Chapter |21| The Wrong Girl

11.1K 352 338
Από maya_lara1

My head was pounding and I felt like I had just spent the past week in the Sahara desert. My mouth was so dry that I wasn't even sure if my tongue was still present.

I tried to sit up, when an arm wrapped around my waist and gently helped me sit up, propping my back up against the headboard..

A steel cup came into view and my hands shot out to grab it. I greedily drank the whole cup of cool water and relished in the feeling of the water travelling down my dry throat. I mumbled something along the lines of more and another cup full was placed into my hands.

My blurry vision cleared up a little and I looked to my left. I expected to see Flo or Xander helping me out but instead it was Hardin. The crowned Prince was helping me drink water!

I sat up a little straighter and flushed when I noticed that I was wearing a man's suit jacket over my still damp underwear.

"What happened?" I croaked out, rubbing my head a little.

"Well, you ate a magical fruit that makes you become under the influence of anyone who orders you around. You stripped and bathed in the fountain. Me and Wyatt found you, we took you up to your room, gave you the cure and then you passed out." Oh god, all the memories came flooding back. Sienna and Ivy did this.

Uh, those bitches.

"How long have I been passed out for?" He brushed some of my wet hair out of my face and leant a little closer.

"Almost five hours." My eyes widened and I threw the covers off to get out of bed, when he stopped me.

"What are you doing?"

"I have to get ready for our date. There's my hair to do and my make-up and then the dress. Oh god, where's Flo?" He gave me a somber look and lowered me back onto the bed.

"We can't go on the date tonight, you're too weak. You're still recovering from today. That fruit is no joke you know? You could have died."

No, no, no. This could not be happening, not again. I had to go on this date.

"That's ridiculous, I'm perfectly fine." I lied, trying to prove my point by jumping out of bed and walking forward. Two steps in and my knees started to buckle, as my legs collapsed from underneath me.

Hardin was quick to catch me and pulled my back onto the bed. I tried to ignore the intimate position we were in right now, me practically sat in his lap with his arms wrapped around my waist.

"I'm sorry, I really am. No-one wants to go on this date more than me but you can't. I'm sorry." I pushed back the tears threatening to fall at the thought of another girl on my date with Hardin once again.

"Okay, I get it."

"I'm truly sorry. I was looking so forward for tonight." He whispered into my ear, the glum tone in his voice evident.

"Me too." I mumbled, leaning further into him. He pecked my cheek and then gently manoeuvred me off him.

"You're leaving?" I hated the way desperation seeped out of my voice and he bent down to give me a lingering kiss on the forehead.

"I have to get ready for the show tonight and I've got some things to deal with. Don't worry, just get some rest okay? Goodbye beautiful, sweet dreams." With that he left the room, leaving me dazed from his new nickname.

It almost made up for the fact that our date was postponed once again. Almost.

***

I slowly closed Arabella's door, before storming up to my office. The girls should have been waiting there now, after the messenger I sent for them an hour ago.

I figured I would make them wait a while and suffer from their own panic, trying to think of every possibly way this conversation could go.

To be honest, I didn't even know myself.

I couldn't just kick them both out, especially since I just eliminated Danielle last week. There would be uproar and anger amongst the public, and it's not like they're easy to please in the first place.

The rebels were getting more and more violent and causing more attention to themselves. It was not a good look for the Palace but did my father seem to care, no. Just like he wouldn't even care about this whole situation.

I had to deal with it on my own, like usual.

Wyatt was posted outside my office, the girls standing outside the door looking anxious. He gave me a curt nod, before swinging the door open wide.

I walked in first and gestured for the girls to both take a seat in the two chairs facing my desk. Wyatt walked in and sat on the small sofa at the back.

No doubt this would be his entertainment for the day.

"Ladies, I'm both shocked and disappointed in your actions. This was clearly no accident from the book you had and you intended to hurt Miss Arabella, which is breaking one of the rules of the competition. Ideally, I would kick you both out." The colour from their faces drained and Ivy was about to speak, when I put my hand up to cut her off. Thankfully, she shut up and shrunk down in her chair.

"I'm giving you one last chance. Screw this up and you are done, understand me. You are not to mess with the other competitors, or harm them in anyway. If you want to win this competition, then you'll have to earn it and you can start by winning back my trust and apologising to Arabella. I want that apology done by tomorrow night, understood." They both nodded so I waved them off.

God, one of them could be my future wife.

"Well done man, you kind of sounded like a dad telling off his kids though." I laughed at that notion, sometimes I felt older than my age.

"Yeah well, in this line of profession, you have to be strict and firm." Wyatt chuckled and moved across the room to sit in the chair, Ivy was previously occupying.

"Can I ask you something?" He raised an eyebrow and nodded nervously.

"How do you know Arabella? You just seemed kind of familiar with her and where her room is."

"Oh, we met briefly after the elimination last week. We talked a little." He said, causally.

"Talked? What did you talk about?" I couldn't help the jealously that seeped out of my voice, and Wyatt chuckled.

"Just about the competition and each other. I told you it was brief, now man, can you relax? I'm not trying to steal your girl."

"She's not my girl." I mumbled quietly.

"Of course she's your girl, all five of them are your girls. You seem particularly attached to Arabella though? Wanna tell me what's going on?"

"Nothing. Honestly, I mean, we haven't even kissed." He looked at me straight.

"You don't need to kiss to have a connection Hardin." The silence between us after that grew.

Did we have a connection? I do feel something weird when I'm with her, something amazingly strange and new.

"Listen man, I have to go and train my sad excuse for soldiers so I'll see you later. Have fun with your five girlfriends and your date." He swiftly left the room and I walked back to my own, since it was almost time for the show.

My suit was already pressed and ready for me to wear. It was hung up in my wardrobe, a plastic sheet overtop to protect the expensive soft material. I unbuttoned my white shirt that was still a little damp from holding Arabella earlier and smile at the though.

She fit so perfectly in my arms, as if we were two jigsaw pieces carved to be together.

A knock brought me out of my thoughts and I shouted for them to come in, as I did the final buttons up on my blood red shirt. "Your highness, I'm here to escort you down to the ballroom."

I wasn't even dressed properly yet, or haddone my hair but the guard didn't seem very dazed by my outfit so I must have looked decent enough. My pants were practically the same colour as the ones still hanging up in my closet and I quickly pulled out a maroon tie to match my outfit and grabbed my black suit jacket.

We walked down in silence as we usually did and I sat on my throne besides my father, who was busy entertaining a group of teen girls in the front row.

A maid came carrying my crown on a soft plump cushion and she carefully placed it on my head. I flashed her a small smile and she blushed in response, causing me to chuckle.

I loved the effect I had on women but for some reason Arabella was different. She didn't fall to the ground if I flashed her a smile and she didn't go with everything I say.

She was a challenge, and I liked a challenge.

The classical music played, indicting the show was ready to begin and one by one the girls walked in. They were all stunning and beautiful like usual but I couldn't help and feel disappointed when Arabella didn't arrive. Even though I knew she wasn't coming, it still felt wrong.

"Sadly, Miss Arabella is a little under the weather today so she won't be able to join in with today's festivities but she should be well by Sunday for the competition. Next," I drowned out the rest of the show like usual, merely glancing at the screen when a couple of clips were played from my date with Danielle, which should have been with Arabella, just like tonight.

God, I needed some scotch.

"Prince Hardin would you do the pleasure?"

That's my cue. I got up, flashing everyone a big smile that said I'm delighted to be here and walked towards the girls. My eyes went over to the empty chair at the end and I sighed, before stopping in-front of the third chair along.

"Miss Rory would you accompany me on this date?" She smiled bashfully, nodding and taking my hand. The crowd cheered and it made me wonder if they would cheer like that if I had chosen Arabella.

It was no secret that she wasn't liked much by the public, Ivy's doing once again, but to be honest I didn't really care.

I got a quick glance at the votes and as per my suspicions, Arabella was last but not far behind Sienna. My questions from last night didn't help much and I couldn't help but feel guilty over that.

"Where are we going?" A shy voice asked quietly, as we walked through the dim-lit hallway, away from all the commotion in the ballroom. I almost forgot she was here on my arm.

"To a private room in the west wing of the Palace." She gave me a look of excitement, one I tried to match, but failed.

The date I had planned for me and Arabella was set up just like I had imagined. There was a small table, two chairs, a steaming hot plate of spaghetti and meatballs in both place settings, candles lighting up the entire room and rose petals scattered all over the floor.

Most importantly though, there were no maids, no butlers, no cameras. I'd made sure to make this whole date as private as possible, since I wanted it to just be me and her. It took hours of convincing and I had finally managed to pull it off.

Everything was perfect, except the wrong girl was with me.

I pulled out Rory's chair and she thanked me as I pushed back in. I took my seat and started to eat when I realised she was waiting for me to allow her permission.

Arabella would have just dug in straight away I thought, a small laugh leaving my mouth.

"Something funny your highness?" I don't think she meant it to come out as rude, instead she looked confused.

"Just had a funny thought, anyways please eat." She smiled, before picking up her fork. The first ten minutes were completely awkward and silent. I didn't know what to say or do.

I mean, should I ask what her favourite colour is?

"I know you wanted to be on this date with her." My head shot up and she blushed a deep shade of crimson.

"Sorry?"

"Arabella. I know this was supposed to be Arabella's date. I'm sorry you couldn't be with her, what Sienna and Ivy did was terrible."

How was I meant to respond to my date apologising to the fact that I wasn't on a date with another girl?

"Yes, it's true. This was meant to be mine and Arabella's date. I'm sorry I'm not being very fun or charming. It's just I put a lot of thought into this date for her and I planned it perfectly. Now it's going to waste." I sulked and then I quickly realised how harsh my words were but Rory didn't look upset or offended in the slightest.

"I understand, but you should know that what makes a great date isn't the date itself. It's the person you're with, the chat, how much fun you have that makes a great date. If Arabella and you truly have a connection and get along then great but you don't need all this fancy stuff. Just be yourself, that's the best you cando."

"Wow, that's great advice. I didn't realise you were my therapist now." She laughed and her face scrunched you in a cute way. She was very beautiful.

"Maybe I was in another life. I've always been good at advice giving." I nodded and leaned back in chair.

Maybe we could have some fun on this date?

"So, tell me about your drawings. I know Miss Astrid draws quite a bit but I noticed you leaving the art room a couple of times with a sketchbook in hand." She blushed furiously, her pale cheeks turning bright red, and gave me a nervous smile.

"Well, I draw anything. If I see something pretty, I draw it. I'm not as great as an artist as Astrid but sometimes I just feel inspired to draw. It's calming." I smirked as a thought came to mind.

"Would you ever draw me?" She stared at me with wide eyes and I noted how truly mesmerising her eyes were.

"Of course. I mean, I doubt it would be any good but I could certainly try."

"Great, it's a date." I couldn't even believe my own words. I just made another date, that's purely just a date, and not for the public eye or because I was forced but because I wanted to.

"You want to go on another date?"

"Of course, you're a lovely girl and very beautiful might I add. I'm having fun." I gave her a genuine smile and she beamed back.

Slow music started to play in the background and I quickly remembered that I requested this to be done so me and Arabella could dance together. Well, since she's not here.

"Would you care to dance?" I asked, removing my jacket and standing up. Rory nodded and carefully got out of her seat, picking up the ends of her light blue dress that fit her body like a glove.

She wasn't very curvy and had a very slim and slender body shape. She was also tiny compared to me, probably the same size as Arabella, if not smaller.

My hands settled on the back of her small waist and we swayed gently to the music. She meant her head against my chest and I closed my eyes, breathing in her amazing scent. Peppermint and lavender.

I imagined our future together. The way our children would look and if I would be happy or not. I think I would. I would enjoy my life with Rory, and although it would be a quiet life, it would also be a peaceful life. There's something calming about being with Rory, her presence is instantly comforting and could be a great help for when I become King.

What's going on? I was debating a future with one of the girls? I haven't done that with anyone, not even Arabella.

Maybe it's not just Arabella who I have connection with, maybe Rory could be the one after all?
________________________________

A/N: Another insight into Hardin's pov!

Thoughts on Hardin and Rory's date?

Do you think they would make a good couple?

Bring a smile to my face and please press that vote button. Also feel free to write a comment, I love hearing from you guys! ❤️

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

Chosen Από booklover341

Ρομαντική

36.1K 989 25
~Completed~ ~Editing~ "You will be here competing for The Prince's heart. You will have no other relationship and you will not deny him anything. Y...
Crownless Από SAMA

Εφηβική Φαντασία

4.8K 439 49
When the king and Queen are lost on who they should crown the new queen of Avelyn, they come up with a simple task. They send the three princesses to...
6.4K 104 43
Evanly's desires of being loved, feeling affection, satisfaction and sex were casted aside as she was stuck in a loveless marriage, but light shined...
The Vicious Queen Από xoxo

Περιπέτεια

727 71 20
"Why?" A painful whisper escapes my mouth. My vision keeps disappearing from the corners of my eyes. I can't hear the loud thunders of this stormy n...