A Billion Dollar Mess(Complet...

By Pauly_Queen

On her way to the university, Arabella accidentally and unknowingly gets on a flight to a totally different c... More

Author's Note
Introduction
Character Aesthetics
Prologue
Chapter one
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Covers
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Author's Note.
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
Chapter Sixty Five
Chapter Sixty Six
Chapter Sixty Seven
Chapter Sixty Eight
Chapter Sixty Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy One
Chapter Seventy Two
Epilogue
Thank You, Dear Readers!
New Story Update!

Chapter Fifty Nine

204 36 16
By Pauly_Queen

Bella's POV

"Miss Mercedes, good morning to you. Your triple shot espresso is served in the white mug on the black saucer and everyone's waiting downstairs for the press con,"

I immediately jerked up from the sound of the voice. It was Banks. Wait. Banks?

"Banks!" I yelled in excitement and sprang up from my bed immediately.

"Yes ma'am. I decided to resume my work here. I must say I missed you," she smiled with a nod with revealed her cute dimples.

"Thanks," I smiled back and stood up, headed for the shower.

I was done and Banks fitted me to a royal blue peplum dress and an orphan blue stiletto with a nice pearl necklace.

"Orphan blue - " Banks said with a long sigh.

"Saddest of all blues!" We both chorused and laughed loudly.

To be honest, I was glad Banks was back. I mean, she'd literally take care of every single thing I had on my plate and anyone would've been glad to have her as a secretary.

"Thank you Banks," I beamed as the laughter disappeared.

"For what?" she asked, putting the finishing touches to my makeup.

"For coming back and for being here. I don't know what I was thinking hiring someone else," I sighed, rolling my eyes.

"It's a pleasure to be back," she smiled back and handed me my purse.

"They're all waiting!" she added and I stood up, headed for the door.

To say I was nervous is an understatement. For some reasons, I couldn't even feel my own sweaty palms or wobbly knees.

"How do I look?" I asked with a forced grin as his face flashed in front of me. His as in Jerk head Caden.

"Perfect!" she responded.

I dashed a smile and nodded slowly, remembering his scent, his touch, his eyes, his everything. It was just him.

I felt like a helpless puppy crazy in love and had nothing to do about it. The fact I was there and he was somewhere way over there..... Made me lose my hopes to the whirlwinds.

Banks and I trudged our way down the stairs and met with the crowd of press that formed in the living room. The press is one thing I'd never wish a human in this life. Not even my enemy.

The place was illuminated with cameras, lights, microphones, speakers and lots of things ready to intimidate me to death.

I took a seat and soon enough, the press con began. I was really nervous, no doubt. I didn't know what to say or what to do or how people would take it. I just had to do it, anyway.

"Good morning, everyone. It is with great pleasure to have you all in this press con," I started with a warm smile, tapping my fingers nervously on the cold table.

"The questions please," Banks said in the microphone and my doom just arrived.

Great!

"Ma'am, is it true you are getting a divorce with Mr. Kensington? And is it true he left you?" A reporter asked in a determined voice and I was awestruck.

"Well - " I started.

"And is the rumor about you and Mr. Cameron Kensington having an affair true? Did you cheat on your husband and make out with his brother?"

"Ma'am are you pregnant for Mr. Cameron Kensington?"

"Ma'am, is it true your identity is fake and you've been pretending all along?" A reporter asked and I froze on the spot.

How did that even leak?

I felt my hands tremble and my lips chapped. I closed my eyes for a split second before bursting them wide open again in fear. I curled my toes and bit my tongue as anxiety overwhelmed me.

I took a really deep breath and stared at their faces which hungered for my reply. "P - please, calm down. I am Miss Mercedes Pandora Belgravia. I am not faking my identity and - "

"No, you're not!" I heard a sharp voice from the end of the room followed by a lady who looked just like me walk majestically to the podium where I sat. Jesus Christ!

Mercedes? No!

"This liar is an imposter! She is not the real Mercedes. I am!" she yelled fiercely and shot her deadly eyes at me with fury and rage, her sharp fingers pointed at me. She looked scary in person. Like....she was ready to eat me alive. Her all black outfit added greatly to my distress.

I was shocked. My heart thumped loudly and I suddenly felt feverish. I could feel a pond of sweat well up in my face and my tongue suddenly went dry. I didn't want to believe my ears. Was she really there? Was it all over for me?

I turned and saw another figure come into the room. It was Cameron. He mouthed an 'i'm sorry' before joining Mercedes just behind her.

There was nothing else I could do than to say the truth. My life was over and my new destination was jail. That could not be happening.

No!

"Her real name is Arabella Leah Allegra. She's supposed to be a student of High Towers university but, we got jinxed and ended up in opposite directions. Instead of telling the truth, she carried on with my life, fooling each and everyone of you. You are such a disgusting bitch! -  Security!" she screamed angrily.

"Wait! Mercedes what is this lady talking about?" Papi asked as he slightly brushed his soft palm on my shoulder.

"Mercedes, tell her that what she's saying is a lie. Tell the press something. Don't just sit there!" Mamasita yelled as her eyes widened and I could feel her plea as her eyes watered.

I inhaled deeply as everyone impatiently waited for my reply, the press murmuring unstoppably, Mercedes death glaring, Cameron's head to the floor, everything went double. My eyes went dizzy.... Tick...tock... the second hand went rhythmically as the clock stroke nine o'clock. My head buzzed with confusion and my eyes felt really heavy.

The truth shall set you free but not in that case. The truth shall put me in jail for the rest of my life and ruin it all. Everything would be gone.

"She's - She's right. I'm not Mercedes Pandora Belgravia," I said with a sigh. "I am Arabella Leah Allegra," I added with a long sigh and awaited the worst.

Everyone was confused. The place was really noisy. The questions kept coming in from the press and everyone wanted an answer.

An answer I couldn't give.

Immediately, papi passed out on the floor and I gasped in confusion. Mamasita joined him. Mercedes stared at me with a smirk and just laughed.

I felt like the end of the world had come. That I was gonna die and go to hell for being such a liar. Lord, please help!

"Arrest her!" she yelled and the cops came running in.

"Ma'am, you are under arrest for impersonation of human person, money laundering and theft," he said and handcuffed me.

I rolled my eyes as I stood up from the chair, the palms of the cop pressed cold against my skin and the cuffs aching my wrists. Both hands were cuffed to the back and we trudged our way out of the mansion, video cameras placed on my face, everyone in awe.

I walked out as everyone was left in a state of shock. Mercedes kept laughing as I walked out and Cameron just stood beside her with a frown. I didn't blame him, though. It was all my fault. I should have told the truth sooner.

It was too late to apologize.......

°°°°°°°°°°°°°

I walked into the station and was dumped into one of the prison cells after my fingerprints and pictures were taken. It was horrible. My stomach ached, my head ached, everything ached. I nearly couldn't breathe. I was choked by guilt and murdered by regret.

The images still flashed in my head. I had a prison record. The pictures they took...I never expected myself to be in this mess.

Had I known comes but last.

If I had told the truth none of that would have happened. I regretted it. I was in a foreign land, jailed and had no means of freedom. Who was going to visit me? Who knew me? Who would set me free? I kept thinking to myself.

"So, pretending to be a superstar, ay? What were you thinking?" A cell mate asked and the others laughed hysterically. I scanned her body drenched in tattoos and piercings and just sighed.

"They should have murdered you for trying to live the life you don't deserve! You little bitch!" she added.

I just shook my head as tears rolled down my eyes. My heart sunk and my spirit was low.  Very, very low.

"Allegra! You have a visitor!" A cop said to me and I stood up as she opened the cell.

I walked into a room and saw Banks.

"What do you want?" I asked as I sat down on the chair.

"So that's how you're gonna greet your one and probably, only visitor?" she asked.

"Welcome, and how may I help you?" I said sarcastically.

She shrugged. "Do you want my help or not?"

"And why would you do that?" I asked unbelievably. Why would anyone want to help me?

"Because I want to and I know you don't deserve being locked up in this hellhole,"

"Okay, so what have you got?" I asked, interested.

"Fortunately, your case is bailable," she said.

I sighed with content.

"But unfortunately, its a really huge amount, plus you have to repay every cent you used while you impersonated Mercedes. Including the one billion dollar you spent on Cameron in that charity auction," she sighed and rolled her eyes.

"But it was for charity!" I yelled in my defense.

"And it wasn't your money," she reminded.

I face palmed myself. Where the hell was I supposed to get one billion dollars from?

Even my kidney couldn't ever pay off such a huge amount.

Author's Note.

Thank you all so much for reading. The cat is finally out of the bag. Who's exited to know what comes next?

I didn't edit chapter, so sorry for the errors.

Don't forget to vote, comment and share. I'm eagerly waiting.

I specially dedicate this chapter to cloudsarebeautiful thank you so much for the reads and comments.

And thank you to all my readers out there. I guess we're slowly seeing an end? But trust me, there's always a way.

Much Love, Pauly Q.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.2K 449 60
"I'm the most eligible bachelor of America I'm a billionaire and you're rejecting me" "YES" "Tell me what you want I'll give you anything" " Anything...
387K 13.4K 33
Amayra Williams was another common medico with a lifetime goal of making her late mother's dreams come true. What happens when a whirlwind of circums...
692K 15.6K 41
She is 21 fresh out of college looking for a job as a secretary. Lucky for her, her brothers best friends have a job for her as their own secretary...
824K 25.3K 42
Valeria Patterson is the IT woman. She has everything: the looks, the brains, and not to mention the countless billions of dollars she owns. She's be...