The Reign of Darkness (Kylo R...

By daisygxrlcass

She always had that feeling. The feeling of being out of place, of not being where she was truly meant to be... More

pre p.1 ~ soundtrack
pre p.2 ~ Character Reference
the opening crawl
introduction
repetition
above the clouds
backstory p.1
the mission
...reality?
reunited again
I used to know you
worth a try
hope
everything in between
together again
i do what i want
unexpected friendships
nerves & chandrilan blue
backstory p.2
I miss you
void
naboo
naomi's cantina
let me go
here with you
uniformity
who we were before
you're scared of me.
backstory p.3
fellow comrade in arms
backstory p.4
damn it, leo
haunted by the past
prophecy
aj's secret
this wasn't supposed to happen
the truth
backstory p.5 & p.6
It's my fault
we need you.
blasters are a bitch.
I'm sorry
what you don't know
the emperor's plan
backstory p.7
can't give this up
please don't try to find it
backstory p.8, p.9, & p.10
bad luck & unfortunate events
can't catch a break
these ties that bind
fucked up
kiaran
the best friend
backstory p.11
the silencer
his name was poe
backstory p.12
forgotten fate
come with me
it'll be alright
old friend
together
what have I become
destiny unfolds
the fall
unity of the universe
tales of bravery
the few and the many
always & forever
our future
Ben...
tell me you love me
always in my heart
assuming forever

caught in the crossfire

457 20 3
By daisygxrlcass

                                     ————- ✼ ————-

𝙮/𝙣'𝙨 𝙋𝙊𝙑

I woke up to the feeling of my face pressed into Kylo's neck comfortably. I had a light blush on my cheeks, remembering last night's activities. Judging by the light shining through the curtains, it was already morning. 

We should probably get ready to leave.

I slowly started playing with a strand of Kylo's hair. A few minutes later he woke up, immediately gazing down at me with a lopsided smile. 

He didn't say anything, but his pleasant gaze said it all. I blushed and bit my lip with a small smile before placing a gentle kiss on his nose. "We should probably get ready to leave, love," I replied in a hushed tone. He groaned in response, shoving his face into the crook of my neck as I giggled, pushing him away playfully.

"Kylo, seriously. They're expecting us back soon." I mumbled, not wanting to get up either. I patted his head before slowly standing up and grabbing some clothes from my wardrobe. Instead of my last Naboo outfit, I put on the black leggings and shirt from the New Supremacy.

I could hear a chuckle from behind me. I whipped around, only to see Kylo staring at me with a smirk on his face as I quickly covered myself with the clothes. 

"Hey! Turn around!" I shrieked playfully. 

"Nothing I haven't seen before." He muttered, smirk still apparent on his face. I blushed even harder, but continued changing nonetheless.

Once we were finished getting ready, we started heading back up the stone path towards the ship. We had to hurry, in order to not be seen in our First Order uniforms. Although Naboo wasn't at war with the First Order, we always had to be careful.

The morning was warm, with a light breeze, which felt refreshing. I was going to miss this planet, but I knew, hoped, that everything would turn out alright. 

I huffed as I glanced over at Kylo, who was holding his helmet at his side, a content look on his face.

Once we boarded the ship, I took in a deep breath. This would probably be the last time that I would see Naboo for a while and I wanted this moment to last forever. 

I took my seat beside Kylo as he glanced at me with a small smile, then focused his gaze onto the ship's controls, causing a low hum from the back jets. We gently lifted off the ground and started to hover over the tree line.

I glanced behind us out the back window, and my eyes narrowed as a ship tailed us. I was about to say something but stopped myself when the ship appeared to have disappeared. I should've said something. Anything.

Before we could fly out of the atmosphere, a loud blast was heard, followed by the sound of shots passing right outside the main cockpit window.

"Fuck!"

My eyes widened, darting frantically over at Kylo, who was sporting an irritated expression. He let out a grunt of annoyance as he slammed his fist on the accelerator. His mind was beginning to race like water in a whirlpool, alerting me of the seriousness of the situation.

 "What's happening?!" I shouted over the rapid-fire as he dodged the shots. The shuttle surged forward, twisting and turning freely in order to not be shot down. The constant push and pull of the ship caused me to lose my balance, and I gripped onto the seat cushion in order to keep myself upright.

"We have to get out of here," He grumbled in frustration, turning the wheels and controls with precision and speed. My heart was racing, and I felt helpless. I didn't have any flight training, unlike Kylo. He worked the ship like it was second nature, which, in his case, it probably was. 

He was just like his father.

Naturally, a thought came into my mind. Not a good one, necessarily, but still an idea.

"Keep it steady!" I shrieked at Kylo as he glanced at me over his shoulder. I quickly made my way over to the main door, pressing the button to open it. "What. Are. You. Doing!?" He yelled at me over the gunfire. 

His gaze was trained on the sky in front of him, which was littered with blaster fire. He didn't have time to give me his full attention.

"Just trust me!" I yelled back, focusing all of my strength on the ship that was chasing us. I'd never done anything this risky. 

"Y/n, what are you doing?" Ben asked, approaching beside me as I sat at the center of the temple. I was always strong in the force, and I loved to practice and grow my abilities. I was currently hovering two boulders that were far out in the meadow, making them dance together in the air, several feet above the ground. 

I let them drop to the ground gracefully as I focused my attention on Ben, who was staring at me with a proud look in his eyes. 

smirked, an idea coming into my mind. I focused my energy on Ben, who was now staring down at me suspiciously. I started chuckling as his feet started hovering off the ground. He shrieked, realizing what I was doing. 

"Hey! Put me down!" He yelled playfully, trying to hold onto my arms as I lifted him further into the air. I laughed, putting him back down a few moments later. I glanced up at him with a smirk, my focus reverted when I heard a chuckle come from the other side of the temple. 

Master Luke. 

"That was very good, l/n. I can see that you've been practicing that new technique I taught you." I nodded towards him respectfully, a small smile on my face in light of his praises. 

"Thank you, Master Luke." I then turned to Ben, whose lips were turned down into a pouty face. "Oh toughen up, Ben. I bet you'll be able to make me fly someday!" I reasoned, making him chuckle as I patted his head playfully. 

I closed my eyes, locating the ship in my mind, feeling its presence. I reached out a hand, feeling a familiar force flow through it. I rooted myself to the ground to ensure I wouldn't fall in all of the jolts and bumps of the ship.

I loved the feeling of connecting myself to another being or object through the force. It was almost as if you could feel every moving part of it. I could feel the way the wind moved against the chipped exterior paint, the way the engine's battery buzzed, and the creaking of the old interior boards nailed against each other.

I felt the rush of the force flowing from my fingertips, causing me to grunt as I tried to keep direct focus on where I was putting my energy. I opened my eyes slightly, feeling them growing watery as I stared ahead of me. 

Suddenly the connection was gone, and I could feel a new rift in the force where my contact had once been. 

I breathed in heavily as I saw the extent of what I had done. 

The large ship that was shooting at us seemed to be frozen in midair, unable to fire or come any closer towards us, which was the goal. It was shaking, a low groaning noise coming from the metal exterior. 

I let out a small exhale as my eyes widened tiredly. I smiled, satisfied with the control I had. "Y/N!?" I heard Kylo yell as I drew in an unsteady breath, forcing my hand into a fist, causing the ship to crash into itself. My knuckles were white as I pulled my hand back to examine it. 

The veins running up my arm were prominent, almost painful. I knew it wasn't a good sign, but I didn't care. I could feel my energy slipping away quickly, but I kept my focus on the ship until I knew it was done.

When I was sure that the weapons wouldn't work anymore on the ship, I let go of the energy and watched tiredly as the ship fell from the sky, landing somewhere in the forest below. I couldn't hear anything except for a dull ringing in my ears, followed by the beginning of a migraine.

I fell against the side of the ship, clutching my head with my hand as my hearing dulled. I glanced up as I felt an arm fold under my knees and another snake around my back. I sunk into his hold, resting my head against his chest as he brought me to the front of the ship.

He set me down in the chair next to him, kneeling down in front of me as he set the ship to autopilot. 

"Do you know what you just did?" He whispered, causing me to grimace. The ship was so loud. He was so loud. All I could do was nod, and I could see his eyes twitch.

"Don't ever push yourself that much again. You could've gotten yourself killed." He spoke, his voice slightly louder than before. He stood up from his kneeling position, looking away from me.

I cringed even harder at the sound, looking up to meet his gaze. "For you." I whispered, causing him to abruptly turn around, his eyes connecting with mine in an instant. Even though my vision was still blurry, I could see his eyes almost perfectly.

Everything else was blurred, fading away, and he was the only thing clear.

I stood, immediately reaching my hand out to him for support. He grabbed onto me, almost desperately, and held on tightly. I leaned away, staring back up at him. His eyes held so many emotions, much of a contrast from their usual dead stare. 

And at that instant, he knew exactly what I was thinking, as did I.

                                            ————- ✼ ————-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

106K 3.3K 29
You're an up and coming journalist with dreams of becoming a well known investigative reporter. Saddled with a new assignment to write an expansive p...
1.6M 25.1K 67
🚨 IMPROVED WITH 150K NEW WORDS🚨 When the Supreme Leader captures you, he has every intention of stealing intel from your mind and killing you with...
387K 15.4K 152
COMPLETED β™Ÿβ™Ÿβ™Ÿβ™Ÿβ™Ÿβ™Ÿβ™Ÿβ™Ÿβ™Ÿβ™Ÿβ™Ÿβ™Ÿ " A strange path, you have decided to follow." It had all started because o...
59.7K 2.2K 50
You're a powerful political figure for the planet of Baleine and a strong ally of the First Order. Your relationship with Kylo Ren has formed into a...