Winter Rose.

By imintheblackparade

There were two babes in the Tower of Joy. Two babes tied so closely to their parents, Ned had to make the de... More

Prologue
i.
ii.
iii.
iv.
v.
vi.
vii.
viii.
ix.
x.
xi.
xii.
Part ii.
xiii.
xiv.
xv.
xvi.
xvii.
xviii.
xix.
xx.
xxi.
xxii.
xxiii.
xxiv.
Part iii.
xxv.
xxvi.
xxvii.
xxviii.
xxix.
xxx.
xxxi.
xxxii.
xxxiii.
xxxiv.
Part iv.
xxxv.
xxxvi.
xxxvii.
xxxviii.
xxxix.
xl.
xli.
xlii.
xliii.
xliv.
xlv.
xlvi.
xlvii.
xlviii.
xlix.
l.
li.
lii.
liii.
Part v.
liv.
lv.
lvi.
lvii.
lviii.
A/N about the book
lix.
lx.
lxii.
lxiii.
lxiv.
lxv.
lxvi.
lxvii.
lxviii.
lxix.
lxx.
Part vi.
lxxi.
lxxii.
lxxiii.
lxxiv.
lxxv.
lxxvi.
lxxvii.
lxxviii.
lxxix.
lxxx.
lxxxi.
Part vii.
lxxxii.
lxxxiii.
lxxxiv.
lxxxv.
lxxxvi.
lxxxvii.
lxxxviii.
lxxxix.
xc.
xci.
xcii.
xciii.
xciv.
xcv.
xcvi.
xcvii.
xcviii.
xcix.
c.
ci.
cii.
ciii.
civ.
cv.
cvi.
cvii.
cviii.
Part viii.
cix.
cx.
cxi.
cxii.
cxiii.
cxiv.
cxv.
cxvi.
cxvii.
cxviii.
cxix.
cxx.
cxxi.
cxxii.
cxxiii.
cxxiv.
cxxv.
cxxvi.
cxxvii.
cxxviii.
cxxix.
cxxx.
cxxxi.
Part ix.
Ending A.i.
Ending A. ii.
Ending A. iii.
Ending A. iv.
Ending B.i.
Ending B. ii.
Ending B. iii.
Ending B. iv.
Ending c.
A/N and bloopers.

lxi.

2.5K 118 26
By imintheblackparade

In an AU, Red and Blue would be Mero and Rhae's children. 

Rhaenar carried herself across the pyramid, her arms wrapped around her front as she paced back and forth. She'd been up the stairs, down the stairs, to the infirmary, and back out. She'd spoken with Blue and Red as they stood guard at her door and still she found herself bored. "What do you suggest doing?" She asked them, the indigo light as they flickered across both of their faces, the two Unsullied relaxing their posture slightly. "There's no duties, the council members have seemingly disappeared..."

"Have you tried going into town? There is a market every week." Red prompted, his brows lifting slightly. Rhaenar thought for a moment, the market? She'd never been due to not having stayed in Meereen long, and maybe this was the right way to embrace the culture.

Her head bobbed. "That's a good idea, the market is on today?" He nodded. "Then the market it is." She confirmed, a smile breaking on her face as happiness washed over her. She was excited to see what it looked like, to walk amongst the people and embrace it all; her first true taste of Meereen.

Rhaenar turned on her heel, ready to get dressed for it. "Khaleesi, you will need guards." Blue called after, stopping her in her tracks. She couldn't blend in with the crowds if she had men trailing after her.

"You better change then, you can't wear that." She urged them with a smile before turning back. "We leave soon." Rhae disappeared back into her room, looking over her own loose gown. It had been a thin fabriced thing, quick to tie at the sides and covered her arms from the rays of the sun, but not suitable for walking the streets.

Shrugging it free from her body, she let it drop to the floor before stepping out of it, leaving it in a pool on the stone behind her. Her hands pulled at the wardrobe doors, grasping a plain tunic and plain breeches, she tugged them on quickly. "The boys told me you were going out." A voice said from behind her, her figure jolting under Mero's gaze.

"Yes, Red suggested going to the market to cure my boredom." Rhae uttered over her shoulder as she pulled on the strings of her tunic, and straightened the arms. She needed a hood if she was to blend in; sighing, she rifled further into the wardrobe before pulling out a scarf and wrapping it around her locks, covering them from view.

It felt odd to see herself without the pale braids, her face so elf-like as she wiggled her nose, taking in the wide eyes against the small face, her lips pursing for a moment before she stopped.

His eyes dragged down her figure, his tongue clicking on the roof of his mouth. "I think it's dangerous for you to be out on the streets." He urged, stepping further into the room. She could feel the waves of concern roll from his body as he hovered behind, his hand reaching out but not quite touching at the skin.

Rhae turned to him, eyes shining as she smiled up at him. "Was it not you who encouraged me to embrace Meereenese life? That in order to rule the people I would have to know the people."

He sighed, but nodded, his lips tugging at the corners as he rolled his eyes and crossed his arms in front of him. She reached out, placing her hand on either large bicep, and squeezing; the muscle firm beneath her grasp. "Yes, that wise advice was mine."

She had him, standing up on her tippy toes before bringing his face down, pressing a kiss to his lips. "Come with us." She urged, their eyes meeting. "Maybe you'll feel better being by my side."

He huffed, exacerbating jokingly before letting the grin stretch across his face, his head nodding. "Alright, we'll go together."

Rhae laughed, soft and tinkling as it met his ears. "The boys will be pleased." She would often get requests from the boys when Mero would train, or hear the three of them conversing from outside of her room; the laughter infiltrating the door and the hallways. At times it was precious to witness, they'd taken a shine to him and him to them as they conversed animatedly.

His interest peaked. "Red and Blue are coming too?" She nodded, seeing the wave of relief wash over his features. "Good, I've been trying to get them to converse more with the people of Meereen."

"Have you?" She questioned, wondering when or how he'd had the time to do that.

He smiled. "I can't spend all of my time with the Queen of Meereen," She jabbed his side softly, his body jolting. "I have to find something to keep me amused." Quickly, Mero took her within his arms, sweeping her from the floor before twirling a moment, laughter echoing around them as she rushed to grasp him.

For a moment, Rhaenar felt weightless, her legs wrapping around his middle as her arms entwined around his shoulder; her lips hovering just away from his own. "I love you." She whispered, eyes alight as she caught his gaze.

Mero tugged her even closer, if that was humanly possible; their bodies smushed together. "I love you." He whispered back. "Are you determined to get to this market? I wouldn't mind receiving the highest of honours." He uttered, running his nose across hers.

Rhaenar smirked, shaking her head. "I want to make it to the market."

"Pity." He muttered before letting her down, her feet gently brushing the floor as more weight was put upon them. Standing on them fully, she took a step back followed by another, the distance between them growing. Mero wanted to reach out, keep his hand clasped around hers but he knew better, to keep it confined to private areas like she wished. "Come, we better get going; and maybe swap to a tunic - you'll want to blend in." She smiled as she turned, pulling the doors to her room open.

Outside the two boys were chatting animatedly, their armour shed from them and simple clothes having adorned them, no doubt concealing some form of weapon upon themselves. Rhaenar nodded to them, Red and Blue perking up as their conversation fell silent. "Mero will be joining us." She uttered, turning to encourage the man out of her room.

He stumbled out, smiling at the two boys. "This was your idea?" He asked, looking between the two with a frown. They gulped, nodding. "I'm going to be a whole bag of gold lighter, you should have seen what I was left with after Braavos." Mero teased, the blue lighting up as he gently pushed on the two, the three of them walking ahead.

"Excuse me!" Rhae cried out, not finding it in her heart to be offended. They smiled like naughty children, pushing their heads together as they walked through the pyramid and out, eyes darting around as they left.

Rhae hadn't ever truly been out and about around the city before, the threshold of the Pyramid seeming odd to her as the boys continued before her, their feet rushing down the stairs to the bottom. The tents of the Golden Company had been set up around the base of the pyramid, her eyes falling to the elephants that seemed to be mixed along the golden tents.

Men in their new armour smiled as she passed, her eyes darting them all as they then made their way to the outer skirts and into the real life of Meereen. Her heart pounded in her ears as she took that first step; the world around her shifted and instantly she was immersed in Meereen. Women weaved expertly through crowds selling fresh flowers for medicine or for lovers, their eyes luring customers in, their smiles keeping them sweet. Rhaenar grinned as Mero's arm wrapped around her waist, one of the girls approaching. "A flower for your lover?" She asked Mero, smiling.

Rhaenar peered into the open basket; sprigs of orange, and small flowers of pink were nestled upon one another with vibrant yellow roses. She gasped at the beautiful colours. "No, thank you." Mero said softly, his eyes watching Rhae as she turned up to him. "We haven't reached the market yet, I want to get you something special." He whispered, a twinkle in his blues as he dragged her away.

They continued walking down the street, food vendors selling rich smelling bread, and small cakes, and sizzling meat lined the sides; people going about their daily lives as they traded food items and money. "Has Meereen always been this beautiful?" She asked, eyes widening as she watched a man hand sew a dress, others lining the side of a house ready to be purchased.

"The freedoms that people have found has produced a wave of industries to bloom; former slaves can do as they wish so some have chosen to open shops and sell wars, others beginning to form a life of their own." Her heart caught in her throat at the thought of all these luxuries she had taken for granted, and how amazed Meereen must have been to welcome all these new merchants.

More citizens began to fill the street the further down they walked, the place getting busier and busier. "Hold on to me, we're getting to the main market."

Their hands remained locked on one another's, stuck together like glue as they got to the edge of the street. The noise here was far louder than the narrow street that had used to get here, the vast expanse of space allowing every voice to be heard. Men shouted out to the crowds, flogging their wares or enticing them to look; goats bleating and cows mooing as they roamed the thin channels between each tent. She had never seen so many little tents set up, some with worn striped fabric of every colour imaginable and others with brand new rich silk that blew within the wind. She could see some of the farmers from the outskirts of Meereen, selling their goats and fresh milk, eggs stacked high in baskets beside them. They were making money for themselves and family, encouraging their children to talk to customers.

Rhaenar jumped, just about dodging a string of screaming children, their laughter causing smiles on those around them. Her eyes tried to memorize every inch of this place, the happiness it seemed to bring people. Her hand squeezed at Mero's, his eyes shining down to her as he tugged her along. Vendors selling alcohol in tall flagons and wide glasses; old women offering embroidered scarves with the Targaryen sigil; and a single toy maker in the centre surrounded with children as he held a puppet in one hand, making him move with the other.

What a life both former slaves and their masters could have now, a rich beauty of combining the flavours of Meereen into one place. They stepped through before stopping at a single tent, Mero grinning at her as her eyes widened.

Jewellery of every shade and stone was sat upon this table; heavy, jingling necklaces; clusters of quartz shaped into rings, and golden earrings sat on a deep purple cloth. "Do you have it?" Mero asked, his attention shifting to the woman sat behind the table.

Rhae's brow dipped in questioning as the woman nodded, Blue and Red standing either side, their eyes darting for any dangers. The woman turned, nestling into a deep bag before pulling out a small black pouch, passing it over to Mero. He opened it, peeking in before the widest grin crossed his face. It was perfect. "What we agreed?" She asked, smirking.

"What we agreed." Mero affirmed, pulling his purse from the side and opening it, he plucked a small pouch from the centre of it, handing it to the woman who nodded her thanks.

Mero grasped Rhaenar again, her indigo eyes widening at the happiness on him. She'd never seen him like this, his body almost thrumming in excitement. "Here." He uttered, picking up her hand before emptying the pouch onto it.

A delicate, gold ring sat in the palm of her hand, composed of one dragon scale on top of the other, overlapping one another in a single line before clustering up and around a single drop black stone, glinting a navy and indigo in the light. "What is this?" Confused as to why he had given her this, it was beautiful and it reminded her of her dragons.

"Consider it me proposing to you." He whispered, his head dipping to hers as he spoke. She gasped, head shooting up, eyes searching his. "I don't want to take away what Khal Drogo gave you, the special bond that you two share will always be with you; but I know how I feel about you, and what I want to be to you. I've admired you, and loved you; and been lucky to have been loved by you. Never, in all of my years, have I been so enamoured by a woman like I have you. So if you'll have me, I would like to be yours."

It was a surprise, one strong enough to knock her from her feet. He was proposing to her, pledging his life to her in a way so different from a way he had before. Nerves kicked in, her mind urging her to say no but she hadn't been as happy as this in a long time, and she deserved some happiness after the shit the world had put her through. This was her chance at a marriage she had decided; this was her chance at getting another chance at a happy ending.

Their eyes met, and the worries seemed to slip from her mind. She faltered for a moment, the smile reaching at her lips as her hand snaked out, clasping the back of his neck before bringing his lips to hers. In a market in Meereen, that's where he'd chosen to propose to her. It wasn't fancy, or a big spectacle; it was intimate despite the number of people. He broke away for a moment. "You haven't answered the question."

Rhaenar blinked, willing the wetness to clear from her eyes as she nodded. "Yes, you dumb idiot. I wouldn't have kissed you like that if it was a no." The weight lifted from his shoulders, a laugh tumbling from his lips as he clasped the ring from her hand and placed it upon her finger.

She admired it for a moment, her first ring. "I understand if you still want to keep it quiet, we don't have to tell anyone until you're ready." Her heart melted at the sentiment as her hand cupped his cheek, stroking at the rough hairs with the pad of her thumb.

"After we open the fighting pits, then we'll announce it." Rhae said. There was a more prominent question on her mind as she glanced between Blue and Red. "How? Was this planned?" She asked.

A blush settled upon the two Unsullied's cheeks, confirming her suspicion as Mero sent her a guilty look. "We knew today would be a lull day, and we knew we needed to get you to the market, so..."

She slapped his shoulder, shaking her head before glaring between the two. "Scheming behind my back?" Rhae cried out, not angry in the slightest. "You should all be ashamed. And the ring?"

Mero glanced at the woman, knowing she didn't understand why there was a fuss but seemed to be happy as it was having seen the pair of them kiss. "Mirianne here is a phenomenal jewellery maker, I came across her a couple of days ago and wondered how quickly she could get it made. She worked all day and night to be able to get it ready for you." Mero explained, motioning to Mirianne.

"Thank you very much, Mirianne. Your craftsmanship is wonderful." Rhaenar thanked her, admiring the ring itself.

Cries erupted from beside them, their heads whipping to the sound of heavy boots crashing through the crowds. Unsullied burst from the east, beelining their way to the four of them as Grey Worm whipped the helmet from his hand."Forgive me, Khaleesi; I know you wish to explore the market today." She shook her head, urging him to speak to her as gasps erupted from the crowd. "The Son of the Harpy that was in our care had been killed last night, we just found his body."

No! Rhaenar almost cried out, shaking her head. Who could have done such a thing? "Any idea on who could have done such a thing?"

He nodded, regret filling his eyes. "The representative, Mossador." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 136 4
.ใƒปใ€‚.ใƒปใ‚œโœญใƒป.ใƒปโœซใƒปใ‚œใƒปใ€‚. "๐“˜'๐“ต๐“ต ๐“ฝ๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“ต ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ ๐“ถ๐”‚ ๐“ผ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ผ, ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ญ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ ๐“ฌ๐“ช๐“ท ๐“ผ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ป๐“น๐“ฎ๐“ท ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“ด๐“ท๐“ฒ๐“ฏ๐“ฎ." เฉˆโœฉโ€งโ‚Šหš In which Shiera Targaryen, a...
29K 798 41
In which Visenya Velaryon, second born of Rhaenyra Targaryen and Harwin Strong, causes some riots and fights the urge of following the Targaryen cust...
160K 4.9K 88
Rhaenyra Eliana Martell Targaryen is the eldest child of Prince Rhaegar Targaryen and Princess Elia Martell. She was adored throughout the whole seve...
147K 3.9K 61
When Dean arrives at Stanford to pick up his brother and drag him along on a search for their missing father, he didn't expect he'd be taking a third...