Fangs and Claws

By GabrielaR

18 year old Avril is a half vampire-half human girl that in an atempt to meet the only human family she have;... More

Chpt 1. Welcome to the family
Chpt 2. Meeting the Alpha
Chpt 3. kidnapped by my mate
Chpt 4. Intruder
I know I took to long
Chpt 5. La Italiana
Chpt 6. Fugitive Vampire
I apologize
Chpt 7. Daniel
Chpt 8. Cheater
Chpt 9. Father vs. Son
Chpt 10. You're a vampire
Chpt 11. Explanations
Chpt 12. Pack meeting
Chpt 13. Daddy
Chpt 15. They're coming
Chpt 16. Marked
Chpt 17. Family dinner
Chpt 18. Party crashers
Chpt 19. Vampire attack
Chpt 20. The Bennett's
Chpt 21. Rejected?
Chpt 22. Amy
Chapt 23. Curse, love and tears
Chapt. 24 Plans before the battle
Chpt 25. Nervous
Chpt 26. Mating
Chpt 27. Under her spell
Chpt 28. True enemy
Chpt 29. Deadly encounter
Chpt 30. Recovery
Chpt 31. Goodbye

Chpt 14. Heart attack

44.6K 1K 98
By GabrielaR

I'm so so sorry guys!!  

I had a crazy holiday and then my phone was disconnected and, well a bunch of stuff happened to me this week. 

I hope you like this chapter, is not as long as the others but I'll try to uptade sooner

Vote/Comment/Fan

Avril's POV

"Grandpa calm down" I begged again

My pleas were ignored. Grandpa kept ranting and talking with himself about how his daughter lied to him, and how my dad stole her away from him, etc.

"Honey" Layla pleaded with me "Listen to your granddaughter"

My Dad sighed loudly. I gave him a look, why was he just standing there? This was his mess to solve, not mine. And who knows what they were arguing about.

"What did you tell him?" I asked while my grandpa argued with himself

"I didn't even start" he protested "I just told him that it was your mother who didn't want him to know about me, because she wanted to protect him"

"Are you sure that's it?" I insisted knowing how my father was "Nothing else?"

"That's it" he assured

I turned around to face my grandpa; he was turning blue and tears threatened to flow down his cheeks.

"Grandpa" I protested softly while I tried to reach him

Grandpa stepped back and place a hand on his chest, his breathing turned accelerate and a pained expression crossed his face. I wraped my arms around him and I felt him give away all his weight on me while he groaned in pain.

"Grandpa!!" I gasped

Layla ran toward us and helped me to sit him on the couch. Dad kneeled beside us and took  grandpa's hand.

"He's cold" Dad said

"Marcus!" Layla cried when my grandpa started shaking

"... yeah, it looks like a heart attack" Dad said

I turned to look at him and I found him talking to the phone and giving the adress of the house. 

A couple of minutes later the ambulance arrived and took grandpa to the hospital. 

We were waiting anxiously outside his room, the doctors didn't let us in, not even Layla. 

I was biting my nails in desperation, how long will they wait to tell us he was okay?

It was my fault. I should have stayed at home, I should be a good girl and give my poor grandpa some peace. I guess this was the reason why my mom never wanted to tell him about my dad, because she feared this.

"Avril!" Caleb's voice startled me

Caleb, Cloe and Cameron were coming down the hallway. Cameron was the image of worry, and Cloe, well she looked worried too but a little mad as well. Cameron ran toward Layla and pulled her into a hug.

"What happened?"He asked "Why didn't you call me earlier?" 

Caleb came to me and gave me a one side hug and a kiss on the head. I barely aknowledge him when I notice the glare that Cloe was giving to my Dad.

"What is this doing in here?" she made a disgusted face

"Cloe" Layla interrupted "He is your cousin's father. Your uncle"

"What?" she gasped "What do you mean? That's stu..?

"I'll explain you later" Cameron interrupted her again "Now we have to worry about Grandpa Marcus"

She gave a glare to my dad and then to me, but nodded recluctanly. I sighed while Layla explained them what happened. My Dad gave me a look I couldn't understand, then I realize how Caleb's hand wrapped my waist and how he was leaning toward me. 

Lucky me, the doctor came out of the room and everybody ran towards him

"How is him?" Layla asked nervously

The doctor sighed loudly, oh no, this couldn't be good.

"Well... Right now he is stable" he started "He is a 65 years old; his heart is not as strong as it used to be. I'm afraid that his heart is not even strong enough to keep him alive for much longer"

Layla covered her mouth to suprese a sob while Cameron held her against his chest, and Cloe patted her back. I didn't know my grandpa well enough, but I couldn't help it when tears flowed down my cheeks. Caleb gave me a bear hug while I sobbed against his chest, I heard him whispering conforting words in his own broken voice.

"Can't you do anything?" My dad asked in a annoyed tone "This is not a deadly situation, you're supposed to take care of things like this"

"This is a public hospital" the doctor replied "We don't have the special machinery for something so delicate. A treatment like that is just provided by a special institution, and that's really expensive"

"I didn't asked if it was expensive" my dad conplained "I just want you to do your job"

"We don't have the equipment required to take care of him" the doctor repeated

"And what will you do?" Dad started to get mad "Let him die? Can you at least transfer him to a better hospital?"

"As I said before, this is a expensive treatment. No hospital will take him withot a payment, and he can't even travel in his condition"

My dad cursed loudly and pulled out his phone. I watched him as he walked back and fort while he talked, he looked a little upset. I felt Caleb's hands rubbing my back, his face was resting against mine. I gave him a reasuring hug to show him that everything was going to be okay. My dad was already taking care of it.

"Don't worry" I whispered "It's going to be okay"

"How do you know that?" He asked

"I just know" I shrugged

Caleb's POV

"I got her" I assured Chris

We were stepping out of the car now, it was 4 am and Avril fell asleep in the way. Chris let me carry her to the room, but he followed me inside, as if he feared to leave me alone with her. 

I placed her softly on the bed, remove her shoes and wrapped her in a quilt; the look on her face was priceless, she was so peaceful. 

I stepped back and closed the door slowly, I didn't want to wake her up. It took me a hell to make her leave the hospital and I didn't want her to be upset anymore.

"And you keep staring at the door like an idiot" I heard

I turned toward Chris; he was leaning against the walk, smirking at me

"Don't worry" he smiled "I had a mate before, I know how it feels"

"You seem very... nice about this" I said "You don't mind I mated your daughter?"

He sighed and straighten up, his expression turned dark

"When you say 'mated' is not what I think it is right?" his tone was protective

"Of course not" I replied "I mean... Me being her mate"

"Well, I'm not mad" he walked down the hallway "I'm worried"

He motioned me to follow him and I did. He entered in my office and sat behind the desk, I took the chair in front of him.

"I wouldn't hurt her" I started "You have nothing to worry about"

"When did you found out she was a vampire?" he ignored me

"This morning we when to swim, she kicked me by accident and I bleed" I omitted the part when she almost sucked my lips out "She went crazy and tried to run away"

"And she didn't because..?"

"Because I chased her and brought her back" I admitted

Chris folded his arms and rested on the back of the chair. I didn't know why I didn't like his expression, it was making me worried.

"It's something wrong?" I asked

"Wrong?" he mused "Caleb, I'm going to tell you something about vampires" 

 "Now what?" I let out a breath, what on earth was going to happen now?

"When we find a mate... We... Well, we belong to that person" he struggled "We can't live without her, and without her blood"

"Blood?" I asked

"Even with two vampires, if they're mates they need eachother's blood to keep... Sanity" he explained "And even when Abby is just half vampire, I'm sure it will be the same for her"

"So... Avril wants my blood?" I hesitate

"Wants, and need" he corrected "Is matter of time, now that she found you her body will die without your elixir, if you know what I mean"

I remained silent. This was a lot to take, now I had a mate that was thirsty for my blood, great. However, I knew I could do anything for her, even allow her to drain me.

"I don't want to make her suffer" I sighed "I'll give her anything she needs"

Chris smiled happily and stood up to stand next to me. He sat in the edge of the desk and placed a hand on my shoulder

"I'm glad you decided that by yourself" he gave me a look "I was fearing that you would freak out and run away from this, but now things can be easy"

"Easy?" I raised an eyebrown

"Well, I had back up plan in case you refuse to feed my princess" he admitted

"What kind of plan?" I asked curious

"Uhm... Just a plan" He removed his hand "Let's talk about Marcus; I was wondering if you would allow a friend of mine to take care of him"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, this doctors are complete idiots" he made a face"I asked one of my friends to come over; he's a professional in cardiology and he can treat Marcus if you let him come"

"He's a vampire, isn't he?" I asked

"Indeed" he nodded

"If that is gonna help Marcus then is okay is me" I shrugged

"Perfect!" he exclaimed, he hit my back in a friendly way, but I winced in pain when wasn't looking "I'll call him"

Chris stood up and walked toward the door, he was about to leave when he froze and cursed under his breath

"What's wrong?" I stood up in alert

"Rachel" he groaned "I send her to the hotel in a taxi, I promised to call her. She could call some back-up if she thinks something happened to me"

"You can bring her here" I offered "There's one more room for you guys"

"She's my assistant" he explained "And she would rather sleep under a bridge than in a wolf's house"

"Oh" I murmured

"I'll come later in the afternoon" he said but then he reconsidered"No, when Avril wakes up take her to the hotel"

"Sure" i said, there was just one hotel in the town

"Okay, then I'll see you later" he walked away

I stayed in the office for a few minutes, I felt relieve now that everything was okay; I mean, now I just have to let the young wolves know about this, and also have a chat with my father about his behavior.  

I walked to the room and slid quietly into the bed, Avril was curled into a ball but when she felt me she turned around and hug me tightly. I caressed her hair and realized she was still asleep, I wrapped my arms around her and kissed her forehead

"Good night baby" I let myself drift into unconciousness

Avril's POV

I awoke with a smile on my face. I felt him before I even opened my eyes; My head was resting on Caleb's chest, his arms were holding me as if I was a baby. I let my hand wandered up to his face, caressing his cheeks, his soft lips. I blushed at the memory of his lips over mines, I felt the desire of doing it again.  

I let my hand wandered down, savoring the warmth of his muscular chest, the hardness of his abdomen. 

Suddenly, a hand grasped my tight and I was lifted in the air. My folded knees were at each of Caleb's torso, his hands were resting on my tights, his eyes glistening while he looked at me. A mischievuous smiled appeared on his face.

"Ey, are you trying to take advantage of me while I sleep?" he smirked

I smiled while I bent toward him, I folded my arms over his chest and rested my chin over them.  

 "I don't know, maybe" I smirked "Why? Does that bothers you?"

"At all" he circled the back of my neck with his hand and pulled me towards him.

I popped up with my elbows and followed his lead. His lips were soft and tender as feathers, his hand ran softly up and down my shoulders as if he was afraid to break me. It was magical, innocent... to bad that I wasn't in the mood for that. 

I bit his lower lip, his mouth opened automatically, I let myself enjoy his taste, the sensation he produced in me. This time he was the one who didn't stop, he was devouring me with his mouth, his hands got more anxious against my skin; running up and down my back, circling my torso to caress my flat stomach. I felt the soft cotton of my shirt being lifted a little bit, leaving my lower torso naked.  

He let go of my lips to kiss my jaw, my neck, behind my ears. I felt a rush of emotions running through me, my body felt hot, and my breathing came in sharp desperated gasps. 

Something was burning inside of me, something unknown and scary to me; it was a possessive feeling, because he was mine.  

I grabbed his hair and pulled his head back, my lips kissed his neck and that just made the feeling inside of me increase. I let my mouth play, kissing, licking and sucking. I moaned when his grabbed my butt to press me against his lap, I felt the hotness and hardness of the huge bulge I was sitting on.

"Caleb" I cried

He pulled my face away from his neck and kissed my jaw. It wasn't enough. I felt a burning sensation in my chest, and now it was starting to bother me.

"Caleb" I pulled away to have a view of his face

His eyes were locked on mines, they were black coal. Then he frowned, his eyes slid dowb to my lips. I knew what he was looking at, I felt them when I was playing on his neck.

"Avril" he caressed my cheek "Your fangs"

His hand flew to his neck. I didn't bit him, I couldn't do it without his knowledge.

"I want to mark you" I blurted out

"Mark me?" he asked "I'm the one who's supposed to mark you"

"No, we have to mark eachother" I kissed his chin

"Werewolves don't do that" his hands played with my hair "The male is supposed to mark the female"

I pulled back. The male? Couldn't he just said the guy? Or we were animals now?

"Vampires mark eachother" I said

"I'm not a vampire" he remembered me

"I'm not a wolf" I replied "And what you're doing is sexist, I thought women had the same rights as men"

"It's tradition" he kept going "That's the way we do it"

"So, you won't mark me because of tradition" I started to get mad

"Didn't you hear what I said?" he sighed "Of couse I'll mark you"

"I'm talking about vampire's tradition" I snapped "The girl marks the guy first"

"The girls don't mark the guys..."

"Are you refusing to give me what I want? What I deserve?" I put a sad voice

"Avril" he sighed "Don't be difficult"

"I want to mark you" I repeated "If you don't let me mark you, you won't mark me. And an unmarked female is still in the market, so I'm still single"

I climbed down of the bed and headed to the bathroom but a hand grabbed my elbow and stopped me.

"You can't be serious" his voice was full of incredulity

"I am" I said "I'm just asking for something simple and you're acting as if I was asking you to. do something illegal"

"Is not right" he started again 

 I turned around and locked myself in the bathroom. I knew I was being just little bit childish but it was the reason why he was doing it what bothered me, he could have said that he had a thing with fangs or something and I would have understood.

"Baby open the door" he pleaded

I ignored him and stripped my clothes off. The last thing I heard before I stepped into the shower was a curse and his footsteps as he walked away

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8K 245 13
One vampire. Four wolf shifters. A fate we can't escape. ***Complete!*** I'm a heartless, blood-sucking bitch, and proud of it. Always alone, kicking...
29.5K 1.5K 50
*Vampires* II *Romance* II *Action* Elli Nilsson is twenty years old when she is abducted as hostage by a horde of blood-suckers called the Vampists...
200K 3.9K 25
*MATURE CONTENT* A Little Insight: As I walked to my wardrobe, he stood up and began taking slow, sinister steps towards me with his claws extracted...
7.7K 842 67
A violent passion. A dangerous bond. A nightmare that will change everything. To Ava, love is about as real as fairytales. But it might be that fairy...