Winter Rose.

Bởi imintheblackparade

There were two babes in the Tower of Joy. Two babes tied so closely to their parents, Ned had to make the de... Xem Thêm

Prologue
i.
ii.
iii.
iv.
v.
vi.
vii.
viii.
ix.
x.
xi.
xii.
Part ii.
xiii.
xiv.
xv.
xvi.
xvii.
xviii.
xix.
xx.
xxi.
xxii.
xxiii.
xxiv.
Part iii.
xxv.
xxvi.
xxvii.
xxviii.
xxix.
xxx.
xxxi.
xxxii.
xxxiii.
xxxiv.
Part iv.
xxxv.
xxxvi.
xxxvii.
xxxviii.
xxxix.
xl.
xli.
xlii.
xliii.
xliv.
xlv.
xlvi.
xlvii.
xlviii.
xlix.
l.
li.
lii.
liii.
Part v.
lv.
lvi.
lvii.
lviii.
A/N about the book
lix.
lx.
lxi.
lxii.
lxiii.
lxiv.
lxv.
lxvi.
lxvii.
lxviii.
lxix.
lxx.
Part vi.
lxxi.
lxxii.
lxxiii.
lxxiv.
lxxv.
lxxvi.
lxxvii.
lxxviii.
lxxix.
lxxx.
lxxxi.
Part vii.
lxxxii.
lxxxiii.
lxxxiv.
lxxxv.
lxxxvi.
lxxxvii.
lxxxviii.
lxxxix.
xc.
xci.
xcii.
xciii.
xciv.
xcv.
xcvi.
xcvii.
xcviii.
xcix.
c.
ci.
cii.
ciii.
civ.
cv.
cvi.
cvii.
cviii.
Part viii.
cix.
cx.
cxi.
cxii.
cxiii.
cxiv.
cxv.
cxvi.
cxvii.
cxviii.
cxix.
cxx.
cxxi.
cxxii.
cxxiii.
cxxiv.
cxxv.
cxxvi.
cxxvii.
cxxviii.
cxxix.
cxxx.
cxxxi.
Part ix.
Ending A.i.
Ending A. ii.
Ending A. iii.
Ending A. iv.
Ending B.i.
Ending B. ii.
Ending B. iii.
Ending B. iv.
Ending c.
A/N and bloopers.

liv.

2.8K 150 37
Bởi imintheblackparade

I just wanted to thank everyone for their lovely comments again and that people read this book and vote for it, and I love seeing how excited and all the different theories you guys have. Honestly, it's always so heartwarming to see. So, ily. 

Also, the houses in Game of Thrones tend to have themes and stuff; so I guess if Rhae would have one it would be Vanishing Point by Ramin Djawadi. I added it, if you wanted to listen to it and idk, maybe at some point I might make a playlist and like a 'blooper' chapter. 

Rhaenar's eyes fell to the pin in her hand, a gift for her guilt as she turned the silver piece this way and that way. Over 20,000 pins had sat within large hessian sacks, the discovery only being found as one of the crewmates looked for potatoes. She could see the card that lay on top, her hand having grasped it before throwing it off board, the contents pushed to the back of her mind. The other ships carrying the Golden Company all with the same gift as they docked for a moment on the river bank in Norvos.

The black dragon with silver scales, two ruby eyes shining out. They were for every member of her army, every person that dared to stand behind her to wear like a proud symbol. She could see them pinned already to the Golden Company's cloaks, fastening them in place to their chest plates. "Are you going to tell me where you were?" Mero asked as he spotted her sitting at the window, her eyes gazing out at the river; fingers rolling that dastardly pin back and forth over and over again.

Rhaenar broke her daydream, sparing him a glance before looking back out. "I've been on the ship the whole time."

He sighed, moving closer. "You know that's not what I mean."

"Then say what it is you do mean." Mero watched her, the same cool facade slipping over her face. It had been like this for the whole month they had been at sea, Rhaenar dodging every question he threw her way, and at times, even dodging him. Daenerys had done something to her, the betrayal had changed her into a cold figure.

"You weren't at that Purple Harbour all of the day; I knew, because I had scoured that place." She didn't freeze, she didn't even look bothered as she gazed out. Was she pretending he wasn't there? "So, I'll ask you again, where did you go?"

Her head turned a millimeter or so. "Does it matter?"

He sighed, exacerbated as Mero took a step closer. "It matters to me. You may not feel it, but I love you, Rhaenar Blackfyre; and I know this isn't you."

Rhae blinked as her breathing faltered for a moment, looking at him. Those were big words to throw around. "If you love me and you trust me, you won't question me on this again. Nothing happened." She urged him, her indigo eyes imploring him to see reason.

Mero's shoulders deflated, but he nodded. "Fine." He didn't believe her as he turned away, leaving the cabin. He thought he'd always have her back, but this was weird behaviour even for him. Not talking to anyone, keeping herself locked in the cabin, it made him worry.

The remainder of the trip had been the same, Meria and Mero exchanging looks between themselves and the door that kept their Queen hidden from view. Meereen was upon them, and maybe - in a small glimmer of hope, this would get her back to the way she was. "Are you getting her or am I?" Meria asked, crossing her arms across her chest.

Mero sighed. "I'll get her." He stepped forward, nerves filling the pit of his stomach as he knocked upon the wood, waiting for a moment. Rhaenar hesitated for a moment as she fixed the braids, feeling for the dragon pin that stuck out from the cluster of pale plaits her eyes drifting to the door.

"Yes?" She said, urging the person to come in. Mero pushed on the door, watching as Rhae smoothed out the coat. It may be hot here, but she had come to love the leather piece. "What is it?" She questioned.

"Meereen, Your Grace." She frowned at the term, the language not sounding like her Mero as his eyes darted away.

"Thank you, Mero." She let a small smile perk at the corners of her lips, nodding to him as he left the door open but entered the room. "The Golden Company are going to be presented today, for all of Meereen to see."

Mero didn't smile, his ocean eyes only growing to storms. "For your sister to see." Her eyes darted down, but she nodded. "Do you remember all those months ago, when I pledged myself to you." How could she forget. "I told you, that I would always see what was best and tell you when you're acting like an asshole." She nodded, unsure where he was going with this.

"You need to act like an asshole now." Her head turned, eyes locking with his. "Put on your crown, and that dragon chain. You need to walk forward like you own this shit, because I know you. You're going to let her off with this."

Rhaenar tutted with a smile, shaking her head. "I told you, you need to trust me on this." He frowned, looking down to her. Had she done something? "Nothing I do is without reason, she will learn that I know, and that I am the one in charge."

He grasped her hand. "Then wear the crown." Rhaenar nodded as she looked to the silver crown that had been left on the vanity, the dragons curling into one another. Mero's hands pulled at the pin that had been safely nestled in the back, the braids tumbling slightly, allowing the crown to be wound within their pale strands. She looked every bit as fierce and as wild as she had on the day of the tournament, like an ancient Targaryen Queen.

"May I add my input?" Meria questioned, hovering at the door. The two smiled as she walked in, something in her hand. Mero continued to place the pins into the jacket, ensuring the wings covered her from chest to arm to elbow.

"Of course." Rhaenar said, urging her to step in. Meria moved from the door to her Queen, unscrewing the pot within her hand before dipping two fingers in.

"They say, when the early Targaryen Kings were still solidifying their rule, to know whose men were on what side, the Targaryen forces would wear red shadow on their eyes. Not only did it make them appear deadly, but it gave them a look of comradeship; that despite coming from different lands, they fought together as one." Meria offered, reaching up to run those two fingers across each eye and out towards the hairline.

"Harry had come to me asking that the Golden Company could do the same when we stopped on the shores of Norvos; that despite gathering your army from every corner of the world, they would act as one." Meria spoke, stepping back before drawing the line across her own eyes. "We stand behind you as one body, one people. Not divided by our differences but brought together by our similarities."

Her heart swelled as Meria reached out to Mero, smudging the same red paint across his own eyes. "We fight together for what we believe in, and what we believe in is you." The doubt that had plagued her mind for weeks withdrew from the pits it had formed itself, allowing the smile that graced her face to bring a sprinkle of purples to the indigo. "Shall we see Meereen now?"

Rhaenar nodded. "I would like that very much."

She couldn't believe it, for the first time in months she could see the pyramids, the shining domes of towers as they glared back at her. It was home, a place so surrounded by familiarity that she couldn't help the smile that stretched across her face at the sight. She didn't realise how much she had missed Meereen; the scent of spices in the air, and the bustle of the market in the town centre. Braavos was beautiful, but it didn't seem to compare to the charm that her home had.

Rhaenar's smile only grew as the ship eventually pulled into the harbour, the people running as they spotted the white sails. Rhaenar frowned as she hesitated at the side of the boat, her hand running over the wood as it grew closer and closer to the dock. Why were they running? She could see the Pyramid that housed them, her heart stopping. Where was the Golden Harpy that sat upon it like a glimmering beacon? Where was the symbol of Meereen? She glanced to Mero, who held a look of apprehension in his ocean eyes as he too joined her at the edge.

He had changed into his coat, the heat blistering at his skin but he brushed it off, the Unsullied behind him dressed so similarly, that behind their helmets they wore the red paint; the pins attached to their breasts.

It was quiet as they docked in, the Unsullied flanking her as Meria followed behind; her eyes darting to those who still stood around. It was odd, it was far too quiet for the way the harbour usually was. She expected fishermen, and dock workers; even merchants coming in but they seemed to go from their ships and away, not lingering like they would. The party left the ship, the Unsullied standing close to her as they waited for the first of the Golden Company ships to pull in.

The city didn't have the same happy smiles she had left it with, and a pit formed in her stomach as they walked through. Why were there no bustling street markets? No people hanging out their windows talking to one another? It threw her, her indigo eyes darting around as they walked through the docks to get to the street.

The first ship pulled in, Harry waving down as the plank was lowered. Her brows darted up at their new black armour, the jewels that had clung to their previous now nestled across in waves of scales, red cloaks billowing behind them. She looked to Mero who smiled, the red eyes of Harry excitable as more men joined them on the docks, looking equally as fierce. They were all Targaryen soldiers, dressed in Targaryen like garments as she inspected them closer. Somehow, some way, they had managed to transform the armour they had. "How did you manage this?" She asked as Harry approached her, a black helmet under his arm as he grinned at her.

She could see fine, black scales cover the chainmail of his arms; moveable as he turned towards her. "We have our means; the Golden Company are known to carry their wealth upon them." He reminded her, watching as men began tucking, the ship rocking heavily. It didn't explain the armour, but for the moment it didn't matter; her heart soaring as she spotted the first beautiful elephant to rise from the ship. On slow and steady legs the creature descended down onto the dock, it's wide face painted with red scales down its forehead and a red and black blanket resting on its back.

"Harry, it's all so beautiful." She uttered, watching one of the men reach up, climbing onto the elephant before guiding it on. More soldiers continued to pour from the boats, each armour unique in their fashion but holding the dark metal beneath, and scales of jewels.

He smiled. "I'm glad you're happy; I thought you'd hate what we organised behind your back."

Rhaenar shook her head as she looked to her friend. "How could I hate all of this?"

Thousands of Golden Company had joined behind her, each in rows of five to fit the narrow streets of Meereen. For some, this was their first time; and for others, their first time returning to Meereen as a free city. Rhaenar had only hoped that she could have shown off the beauty of it, her people; but it was near empty. Disappointment filling her slightly that she couldn't display what they'd all come here for.

They entered into the courtyard, slowing as the ranks of the Golden Company fanned out, forming lines upon lines behind her. Some on elephants, others on horses, but her commanders beside them with the Golden Company sigil waving on flags.

She could see the remainder of her army, the Unsullied surrounding the pyramid and her Dothraki. Somehow, they too had the red line painted across their eyes, the pins attached to the breasts as Rhaenar smiled at them all. She could only imagine how it must have been to witness this new army, to see their power grow as they joined together.

Her indigo eyes flickered to her sister, seeing the small girl clutch at her round stomach, staring down at her from a break in the stairs. Rhaenar's jaw clenched, her shoulders straightening as she raised her head, a smirk on her face. Rhaenar knew she looked like a Queen, an unmistakable force of nature with men dressed in this new armour for her. Her violet eyes lingered on the Targaryen crown that sat nestled in the braids before down to the cold face.

Missandei stood behind Daenerys, head down with Grey Worm and Ser Barristan just beside him; Daario grasping Daenerys' side as they all watched Rhaenar. Where was Ser Jorah? A look seemed to cross the violet of her eyes as she watched Rhaenar step closer, her black boot falling to the first step before raising herself up.

It was deathly silent in the centre as Rhaenar took one step after another, raising herself to her sister's level. Mero, Meria, Sebastion, Harry, and Malthar all followed behind her as she came face to face with her sister. Rhaenar's smirk dropped, her eyes turning to fury as she gazed down at the younger girl. "It's good to have you home, sis."

There was no softening in Rhaenar's heart, no slight skip of her heart as she watched her sister for a moment. Daenerys cowered beneath her glare, her eyes darting from Rhaenar to the floor. In a simple glance, Rhae had let her know exactly what she knew, the Golden Company behind her only emphasising her. Rhaenar knocked her shoulder into hers as she refused to move out of the way; the party continued forward; Missandei, Grey Worm, and Barristan joining them as they walked towards the doors into the pyramid.

Daenerys's brows softened as she turned to look over her shoulder before glancing down. She'd made a terrible mistake. 

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

3.5K 136 4
.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。. "𝓘'𝓵𝓵 𝓽𝓮𝓵𝓵 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓶𝔂 𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓼, 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓬𝓪𝓷 𝓼𝓱𝓪𝓻𝓹𝓮𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓴𝓷𝓲𝓯𝓮." ੈ✩‧₊˚ In which Shiera Targaryen, a...
295K 8.3K 34
Daena Targaryen was born into a world of chaos and violence. Her mother, Princess Rhaenyra, fought for the Iron Throne against her half-brother, Aego...
80.5K 2.4K 37
Visenya Targaryen is the only woman in her lineage named after the Conqueror, but she has dark hair, which opens the chain of events that will lead h...
11.1K 244 14
merlin magical mpreg story. i wrote this for myself because it was cute and i'm not editing it enough to be on ffn so enjoy my middle school wattpad.