A Billion Dollar Mess(Complet...

De Pauly_Queen

On her way to the university, Arabella accidentally and unknowingly gets on a flight to a totally different c... Mais

Author's Note
Introduction
Character Aesthetics
Prologue
Chapter one
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Covers
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Author's Note.
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
Chapter Sixty Five
Chapter Sixty Six
Chapter Sixty Seven
Chapter Sixty Eight
Chapter Sixty Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy One
Chapter Seventy Two
Epilogue
Thank You, Dear Readers!
New Story Update!

Chapter Four

710 98 93
De Pauly_Queen

Bella's POV

The screen was really broken but the system was a-okay! I was so tensed back there. My fingers shivered and my body couldn't take it. He seemed rude and I didn't like him at all. Mercedes would have done exactly what I did. Play along and act like everything's fine. Who's he, anyway?

Did I leave a trace of thought? Doubt? What if he knows I'm not Mercedes? Goodness!

The driver pulled up in front of this huge mansion. It was painted white and was beautiful. Roses around the house and a garage with cars more than my own age. A beautiful water fountain stood at the side and I loved it.

It felt like a whole new world. A heaven on earth. I beamed as I looked out and was really fascinated by the view. I was enchanted.

He opened my door and I slowly brought a foot down, staring all around in awe with my eyes widened in bewilderment.

"Thanks," I smiled enthusiastically, snapping out of my fantasy.

There were tons and dozens of maids waiting outside. Like a kind of royalty or something like that.

"This way ma'am," One of them said in a courteous tone and led me inside.

I calmly walked into the mansion, looking around like it was some ancient museum with valued artifacts. I could never afford this, not even in a billion years.

"They're waiting for you ma'am," Another maid reported and ushered me inside the mansion.

"Oh, my Darling! Querida, I missed you so much!" A man said and immediately pulled me into a big hug, squeezing me tight.

I had to act. At least until I place my hand on what's really happening. It sucked a bit but wasn't so bad. After all, they bought it and that's all that ever mattered to me.

"Papi!" I screamed happily in a loud aching teenage girl's voice and hugged him too, almost choking myself in his more than a warm embrace.

"Mamasita!" I yelled happily as I set my eyes on a woman as she spread her arms with a smile. I hugged her lightly with a sense of guilt lingering through my spine and popping up as a migraine.

"It's been so long. How was your tour?" Papi crooned optimistically, staring at me from head to toe like it's the first time he's seen a young lady.

"It was really awesome!" I spat in a small panicky voice. "I had a great time," I added with simple directness, twirling my beautiful brunette with my pinky.

"You've changed so much. I didn't know you were now a brunette. That's so strange," Mamasita dictated. "What happened?"

I fidgeted for a moment before rebooting my brain and said, "Oh,mamasita. Is blonde necessary? Oh, please," I chuckled and pulled a strand off my face, rolling my eyes like some animated teenage barbie doll.

"You were so obsessed with blondes. You hate brunette," Papi said, backing mamasita up.

"It's just hair," I shuddered.

"As far as I can remember, that "hair" is your thing!" Mamasita insisted and touched the tips of my hair in mock astonishment.

"But - " I tried again not wanting to sound fake.

"Let's just have lunch. Shall we?" Papi suggested, interrupting me and moving away from the topic.

Thank goodness!

"The food's delicious," I said, stuffing my mouth with their rich people's food. It was delicious and had a taste I could only see in million-dollar restaurants back at home. We only ate those during rare special occasions like Christmas and most rarely, mine and Darcy's birthdays.

"Oh, Mercedes! Where are your manners?" Mamasita yelled in disgust and dashed me those eyes.

"Darling, leave the child alone. She probably misses her homemade meals," Papi defended and patted my cheek softly with his eyes giving me slight contentment.

I let out an inner sigh of relief.

Mamasita sighed and shook her head, eating her food like she had all the time in the world to herself.

"You no longer use cutlery dear?" Papi asked smoothly in a concerned tone.

"Oh I do," I was lost of good words to back up my pointless argument.

Okay, I have no idea how to use cutleries while eating. Who has the time to keep yanking a knife on pork till it falls off? Just pierce with a fork, stuff your mouth and enjoy the taste.

"You never eat without cutlery. You even blogged about how irritating it was once," Mamasita insisted with her eyes on me like I was her prey.

Okay, this woman has got to get off my case. I mean, does she ever stop?

"Is that necessary? Oh, please," I blurted with a chuckle way too fake for anybody to not notice.

"Look! You aren't on TV, so stop ignoring the questions, young lady!" Mamasita yelled acidly.

Well, I figured since Mercedes is closer to her Papi, it's best I use him to cover up. Simple logic!

"Papi," I said in a cute little soothing tone, pouting my lips a little bit and giving him those puppy eyes. Though I don't think I looked like what I wanted to.

"Darling, your daughter is just back from a long tour. Give her a break," Papi pleaded on my behalf and I couldn't think of a time I'd ever been happier.

Mamasita sighed loudly and rolled her eyes 360 degrees to the right.

I plastered an evil smirk on my face. Although, It wasn't so visible.

"Ma'am, the Kensington's are here," The maid said abruptly in a chiding tone.

"Very well, bring them in," Mamasita ordered in a brewed and natural Italian tone, and dressed herself up a little bit, adjusting her beautiful pearl jewelry.

I wonder who they are. Probably big-time business partners. who cares anyway?

"Oh, hi Bonita, Ace. Lovely to see you," Mamasita welcomed the couple as they sat in the dining with meek smiles on their grey faces.

"Thanks, Lucy," They acknowledged with little nods and quiet words.

"Hello, Mercedes. How are you? And the journey?" They asked me politely but quite inquisitively.

"It was good. Gracias," I nodded with a forced smile that wrinkled the hell out of my face.

"Oh, you speak Spanish," The woman said excitedly as her mood lifted suddenly.

"Yes and French. Italian, and Hawaii, Japanese. A lot more. She's a big-time linguist," Mamasita showed off with a fond look.

"Most impressive," They smiled and I felt silent eyes on me. I just shrugged it off.

"Anyway let's do what we're all here for." Papi finally said with a smile, finishing up his food.

"Mercedes, meet Mr. Caden Carlos Kensington," Mamasita said with a blooming grimace as a young teenage boy just like me, walked in.

I tried my best to stay calm, even with the bothering perpetual wedgie that made all possibilities for normalcy impossible. Hopefully, no one will notice.

"CADEN?" I yelled in shock.

"YOU AGAIN?" he raised his voice and pointed at me, widening his eyes like I was the bad guy.

"What do you mean me again? YOU crashed my phone and YOU did not apologize!" I snarled with a hot temper.

"I offered to replace it!" He ranted in his defence.

"Liar!" I shot, rolling my eyes and twisting my hair in a curl.

"You two have met each other?" Papi quaked in surprise.

"Unfortunately," I hissed ordered and stuck a green pea in my mouth.

I may not belong here but I don't think this dude even belongs to this planet.

"Well, I had Mercedes taken over to the mansion to at least meet Caden. You know, to have a brief discussion," Mr. Kensington butted in immediately.

"And it didn't go well," Mrs. Kensington muttered.

"Yeah. We all figured," I mumbled in my mind.

"Caden please have a seat," Mamasita offered in a tired voice.

"Mercedes, we have to tell you something," Papi started with a promising look on his face.

Everyone immediately became gloomy except Caden and I who had just as surprised looks on our faces.

"What is it?" I asked impatiently, unsparingly curious. Being a fake Mercedes, you never know what can happen next. Especially if a billionaire is just beside me.

"Caden here is your - " Mamasita started.

"My what?" I queried, placing my eyes on everyone's faces.

"Yeah, her what?" Caden joined in, raising a brow.

"Your husband," Papi vomited and immediately the water I took in went spilling out of my mouth to the nearest human beside me which happened to be Caden. Great!

"Mercedes!" Mamasita screamed in utmost surprise.

"I am so sorry," I apologized and got a napkin, trying to soak off the water from his clean perfect crimson red suit.

Just then I realized his special features lucidly. He was just a blissful work of artistic perfectionism. He wasn't a male model but he should have been. His best feature yet was his entrancing, wayfarer blue eyes. Sloe-shaped, they could shine as bright as the evening stars. But when he turned at me, they resembled two liquid blue pools of flashing fire.

He carried himself with a kingly air, a distinct mood of gravitas, although he could be buccaneering and annoying on every occasion.

"I said, I CAN DO IT!" he snarled with gritted teeth and snatched the napkin from my hand.

"Sorry," I apologized to everyone on the table with an unsure smile on my face, not knowing whether to keep up with the awkward smile or just quit it.

"Anyway, we took on this proposal because as the saying goes, mingle with five billionaires and become the sixth billionaire. It'd be great. After all, you two would be together always and it's a great start for the family. No to talk of the children - "

"Pfff" The water I gulped in gushed out to my perpetual sink. He burned with rage as he looked down on his suit and I looked around with all eyes on me.

"What is wrong with you?" He screamed angrily and stood up, furious.

"I. don't. know." I cried out and hung my head in shame.

Okay, I don't know how that happened. The bad news just keeps coming and I can't help but keep splashing. I'm pretty sure Mercedes would do the same. Getting married to that huge ball of trouble is a rare disease.

"I am so sorry," I apologized again to everyone on the table and adjusted my seat a little away from Caden's and a little backward. It kept making loud creaky noises and everyone stared at me, awkwardly.

"As I was saying, it's a great business offer. I know you are really uncomfortable darling but I'm sure you understand," Papi affectionately rubbed my hand with a fatherly smile.

"Yeah," I nodded with a confused smile.

"I got one of my properties downtown prepared and ready for them. No need to worry about a thing. Everything is hunky-dory," Mr. Kensington leaped in excitement.

"So, Caden. It's okay with you, right?" Mrs. Kensington asked with a smile.

He shrugged before murmuring a yes. As if I'm happy with the idea.

"And you two better get ready for the press con. Everyone's so excited." Mamasita said.

Press conference? What?

Caden shrugged.

"Great! Let's head to the property after lunch then! Everything's settled. Cheers, everyone!" Mr. Kensington yelped and everyone grabbed a glass of alcohol, hitting each against the other before taking sips.

I hate alcohol. It makes my stomach so mad at me. I just took a little sip and it had a very sour astringent taste and a humongous scent that fired my nose. Fire on fire is an understatement for the feeling.

I just sighed and pushed it away.

Author's Note....

I really hope y'all enjoyed this chapter. Don't forget to vote and share your lovely thoughts in the comment section below. See ya!

~Pauly_Queen.....

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

477K 18.7K 62
When Athena and Tobias' family arranged for the two to get married, nothing but hell broke loose. They knew nothing about one another, except they bo...
8.9K 228 112
COMPLETED: Waking up next to a stranger is one thing. Discovering you're married to him is entirely another. Hungover and panicking, Jackie can only...
692K 15.6K 41
She is 21 fresh out of college looking for a job as a secretary. Lucky for her, her brothers best friends have a job for her as their own secretary...
56.1K 1.2K 24
Mia Bowen accidentally marries the heir to an affluent family. On the day that she finds out she's pregnant, he gives her a divorce agreement.The fak...