Star Wars The Clone Wars: Lov...

By darrelswonderland

A 17 year old Jedi Padawan named Darrel Pullie, trains to be a Jedi Master. Then he meets an old childhood fr... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1: A New Master
Chapter 2: Battle of Sullust
Chapter 3: Heroes On Both Sides
Chapter 4: A Spark of Love
Chapter 5: Overlords
Chapter 6: The Altar of Mortis
Chapter 7: Ghosts of Mortis
Chapter 8: The Citadel
Chapter 9: Counterattack
Chapter 10: Citadel Rescue
Chapter 11: Padawans Lost
Chapter 12: The Wookie Hunt
Author's Note
Chapter 13: Date at Dex's Diner
Chapter 14: Water War
Chapter 15: Gungan Attack
Chapter 16: Prisoners
Chapter 17: A Death in the Family
Chapter 18: Kidnapped
Chapter 19: Slaves of the Republic
Chapter 20: Escape from Kadavo
Chapter 21: A Friend in Need
Chapter 22: The Lust
Author's Note
Chapter 23: A War on Two Fronts
Chapter 24: Front Runners
Chapter 25: The Soft War
Chapter 26: Tipping Points
Chapter 27: The Gathering
Chapter 28: The Test of Strength
Chapter 29: Bound for Rescue
Chapter 30: A Necessary Bond
Chapter 31: Sabotage
Chapter 32: The Jedi Who Knew Too Much
Chapter 33: To Catch a Jedi
Chapter 34: The Wrong Jedi
Chapter 35: Knight of the Republic
Chapter 36: Visiting Barriss
Chapter 37: Orders
Chaper 38: Old Friends Not Forgotten
Chapter 39: The Phantom Apprentice
Chapter 41: Victory and Death
Epilogue

Chapter 40: Shattered

1K 9 1
By darrelswonderland

The Siege of Mandalore is over. Republic forces take Gar Saxon into custody, as Bo-Katan Kryze watches. A gunship lands nearby, and the hatch opens revealing Ahsoka and Darrel, with Maul bound behind them. They walk out to meet with Bo-Katan.

"You actually captured him. I'm impressed!" Bo-Katan said.

Bo-Katan gave Darrel and Ahsoka their lightsabers they lost during their fight with Maul.

"It is what the Council wanted!" Ahsoka said.

"Still, you succeeded were many have failed!" Bo-Katan replied.

"We've learned from the best!" Ahsoka said.

"Including you, Bo!" Darrel said.

Bo-Katan sighed as she looks down at the wreckage of Peace Park.

"I wish I was good at something other than war!" Bo-Katan said.

"Your people need a new kind of leader!" Ahsoka said.

"Agreed, this is your chance to make Mandalore better!" Darrel added.

"My sister tried that, I never understood her idealism!" Bo-Katan said.

Then Commander Rex arrived with two other Clone Troopers.

"General Pullie, Commander Tano, I have the Council waiting!" Rex said.

"And Master Skywalker? Were you able to contact him?" Ahsoka said.

"He was at the meeting when I left to get you!" Rex replied.

"You two go on, I can handle this!" Bo-Katan said.

On board a Nu-class transport, a hologram of council members Mace Windu, Ki-Adi-Mundi, and Yoda, along with Aayla Secura, discuss the situation.

"I sense a plot to destroy the Jedi, the Dark Side of the Force surrounds the Chancellor!" Mace said.

"If he doesn't give up his emergency powers after the destruction of Grievous, then he should be removed from office!" Ki-Adi suggested.

"The Jedi Council would have to take control of the Senate, in order to secure a peaceful transition!" Mace said.

"To a dark place this line of thought will carry us! Great care we must take!" Yoda said.

Ahsoka, Darrel and Rex enter the room.

"I understand your mission was a success!" Mace said.

"Yes, we have Maul in custody!" Ahsoka reported.

"We will escort Commander Rex when he delivers him to Coruscant!" Darrel said.

"A great service to the Republic, you both have done!" Yoda said.

"Thank you, Master!" Darrel said.

"I did my duty as a citizen!" Ahsoka said.

"Not as a Jedi?" Ahsoka asked.

Darrel looked at Ahsoka.

"No... Not yet!" Ahsoka replied. "I was hoping to speak with General Skywalker!"

"I sent him to inform the Chancellor that General Grievous has indeed been located on Utapau!" Mace said.

"And Master Kenobi?" Darrel asked.

"Engaged the enemy, he has!" Yoda reported.

"Then the war could be over soon enough!" Ahsoka said.

"That depends on the Chancellor!" Mace said.

"What do you mean?" Ahsoka asked.

Mace turned and glared at Ahsoka.

"I'm sorry, citizen, these matters are for the Council to discuss!" Mace said with a bitter tone.

"I understand!" Ahsoka said.

Then the Council members leave the holo-call, except for Yoda.

"Ahsoka, Darrel, more to say, have you? A message for Skywalker, perhaps?" Yoda asked.

Ahsoka was about to say something, but hesitated. Yoda noticed, so did Darrel and Rex.

"No, Master. Thank you. We'll tell him ourselves when we see him!" Ahsoka said.

"May the Force be with you, Padawan Tano, and you as well, Darrel!" Yoda said as the holo transmission ended.

"You didn't tell them what Maul said about General Skywalker!" Rex said.

Ahsoka looked at Rex and sighed.

"No... We didn't!" Ahsoka said.

Later outside on the docks at Sundari, Bo-Katan and Ursa Wren escort Maul, encased in a Force-proof capsule, to the transport.

"What a magnificent device!" Darrel said.

"I suspect even Maul couldn't get out of there!" Ahsoka said.

"What is it anyway?" Darrel asked.

"A relic of a bygone era when Mandalorians had reason to imprison you Force-wielding maniacs!" Bo-Katan said.

"I thought your sister outlawed such devices!" Ahsoka said.

"She did, but this is the last one!" Bo-Katan said.

Ahsoka and Darrel turned to face Bo-Katan eye to eye. They both shook hands.

"Goodbye, Ahsoka Tano. Goodbye Darrel Pullie!" Bo-Katan said.

Then the two boarded the transport and left the planet. Enclosed in the Mandalorian capsule, Maul watches as Ahsoka and Darrel talks to Rex. The transport lands in a Venator-class Star Destroyer, and the clone troopers escort the capsule to a detention cell.

The clone officers salute Ahsoka and Darrel as they walks onto the bridge, and the ship jumps into hyperspace. Ahsoka and Darrel stare into hyperspace deep in thought.

"Something on your mind kids?" Rex said.

"As a Jedi, we were trained to be keepers of the peace, not soldiers!" Ahsoka said.

"But when you think about it, all we've been since being Padawans was soldiers!" Darrel said.

"Well, I've known no other way. Gives us clones all a mixed feeling about the war. Many people wish it never happened! But without it, we clones wouldn't exist!" Rex said.

"Well, then perhaps some good has come from all of it!" Darrel said.

"The Republic couldn't have asked for better soldiers, nor I a better friend!" Ahsoka said.

Rex smiled.

"I agree!" Darrel said.

Then Ahsoka and Darrel salute Rex, he saluted back. Then a Republic officer comes in.

"Commander, the latest briefing has come in!" He said.

Rex turned to the teenagers.

"Want to have a look? It might have an update on General Kenobi's efforts!" Rex said.

"You go, we're sure it's probably more good news!" Ahsoka said.

Rex nodded and walked to the briefing room. Then Ahsoka turned to Darrel.

"And honestly, I couldn't ask for a better boyfriend. I'm glad that you were here for me!" Ahsoka said.

Ahsoka then hugs Darrel tightly.

"I'm glad I was here, too! There was no way in hell I'd let you have all the action!" Darrel said.

Ahsoka smiled and kissed Darrel softly, he returned the kiss. Then the kiss broke off and they looked into hyperspace. In his cell, Maul's eyes open as he hears in his head the voices of Palpatine, Windu and Skywalker as they duel in Palpatine's office. Ahsoka and Darrel likewise feels the massive disturbance pulsing through the Force.

"You must choose!"

"Don't listen to him, Anakin!"

"It's not the Jedi way. He must live!"

"He's too dangerous to be left alive!"

"Please don't!"

"I need him!"

"UNLIMITED POWER!"

"What have I done?!"

"Anakin?" Ahsoka said.

"I felt it too!" Darrel said.

In the briefing room, Rex watches a hologram of Darth Sidious, who intones,
"Execute Order 66,"

and Rex replies, "Yes, Lord Sidious."

As soon as the hologram disappears, Darrel and Ahsoka enter the briefing room.

"Rex, it's Anakin. I feel like something terrible has happened!" Ahsoka said.

Rex starts shaking, and he drops his helmet. The other troopers on the bridge receive a message, and they turn around, training their rifles on Ahsoka and Darrel.

"No! I'll do it!" Rex shouted.

"Rex? What's going on?" Ahsoka said.

Rex quickly draws his blasters.

"Stay back, both of you!" Rex yelled.

Ahsoka and Darrel were very confused. Darrel slowly reached for his lightsaber.

"Find him. Find him. Fives. Find him! Fives!" Red shouted.

As Rex opened fire, Ahsoka and Darrel leaped over him, drawing their lightsabers and sealing the door, but more troopers led by Jesse enter from the other side. They surround Ahsoka and  Darrel and fire at them, but they deflects their blaster bolts into the ceiling, then leaps up through the hole.

Rex orders two troopers to proceed to the detention level and execute Maul. He then tells the others that the Jedi have been marked for termination for treason against the Republic, and that any soldier who does not comply with the order to execute the Jedi will also be executed for treason. He orders the troopers to search the ship for Ahsoka.

Later, Maul watches as two clone troopers enter his cell and open the capsule. As they raise their rifles, Ahsoka and Darrel enter and incapacitates them.

"Don't make us regret this!" Ahsoka said.

Darrel clicked the buttons to release Maul from his capsule.

"You survived?" Maul said.

"Is this your doing?" Ahsoka asked as she and Darrel places their lightsabers at Maul'S throat. "Choose your words carefully!"'

"No, no. This was not my doing. I do not know what has occurred, but, surely, you felt it. The voices crying out. The death!" Maul said.

Ahsoka and Darrel took their sabers from Maul's throat.

"The clones turned against us. Even Rex!" Ahsoka said.

"We don't know why, they just suddenly weren't themselves!" Darrel said.

Maul chuckled.

"Brilliant, brilliant!" Maul said. "I was not privy to my master's plan, but now, I see it. He turned the Jedi's own army against them!"

Maul stood up and exhaled.

"Well, you're both did the right thing by coming to me! Only together can we survive this. Now, if you both will follow my lead-"

Darrel raised his blade near Maul's nose.

"You clearly don't understand, we're not here to team up with you! We need a diversion, and that would be you!" Darrel said.

"Now go cause some chaos, it's what you're good at!" Ahsoka said.

As Maul, Ahsoka and Darrel leave, Maul stops them.

"Care to give me a fighting chance?" Maul asked gesturing to Ahsoka's lightsabers.

"We're not rooting for you, now get going?" Ahsoka said.

The clones report to Rex, telling him they have swept the detention level and that both Tano and Maul have escaped. Rex orders them to destroy the escape pods and secure the hangar decks to prevent their escape.

Ahsoka sneaks past the clones and enters the droid room. She activates three astromechs: her old asteomech R7-A7, G-G, and CH-33P. Darrel also activated his astromech, R6-D5.

"R7, R6, we need your help!" Ahsoka said.

The droids were all asking why the clones were attacking them.

"We don't know. We don't know why the clones are doing this! But we might be able to do something!" Ahsoka said.

The Droids all decided to help Ahsoka and Darrel.

"Are you sure you want to help?" Ahsoka asked.

"It could be dangerous!" Darrel warned.

They all agreed.

"All right, let's get started! R7, patch into the central computer!" Ahsoka said. "Bring up every secure file on clone trooper CT–5555!"

The files contain medical records and a hologram of the Kaminoan medical scientist Nala Se, who states that a defect had been found in the trooper's inhibitor chip, and that the findings had been accepted by the Jedi Council and the Senate. However, there is also a grievance report that had been logged by trooper CT-7567.

"R7, bring up that report!" Ahsoka said.

R7 replies that it was sealed.

"Try Anakin's passcode. 8-1-0-8!"  Darrel said.

Using Anakin's password to decrypt the report, Ahsoka and Darrel watch as Rex voices his suspicions about the inhibitor chips placed in the clones by the Kaminoans having some sort of ulterior purpose.

In the hallways outside, the clones engage Maul, who rips panels from the bulkhead to shield himself from blaster fire, as well as to crush and decapitate the troopers. The troopers report to Rex that Maul is headed toward the main hangar. Rex orders them to close the blast door, which they do; Maul, however, pulls one trooper's arm through the door, severing it. He kneels down to listen to the chatter on the trooper's wrist comlink.

As Rex runs down the corridor, R7-A7 rolls in front of him, separating him from his squad. CH-33P closes the blast doors around him, while R7-A7 activates a hologram of Ahsoka and Darrel.

"Rex, we think we know what's happening. We saw your report on Fives. It isn't your fault, you were programmed. Your mind was altered to do this when you were very young." Ahsoka said.

"It's not too late, we can help you!" Darrel said.

Then the hologram disappears and Rex points his blaster at R7.

"Where are they?" Rex asked.

"We're right here!" Ahsoka said.

Just as Rex was about to shoot them, R7 stunned him. Ahsoka, Darrel and the droids carry Rex to the medical bay, sealing doors behind them.

"R6, run a scan!" Ahsoka said.

A medical droid runs a scan on Rex, but it finds no anomaly.

"But the chip have to be there. Try again!" Darrel said.

The medical droid tried another scan, but nothing. Then a droid reported that the clones were headed towards them.

"G-G, if they override the door controls, you have to reseal it quickly." Ahsoka said.

R7 reported that the chip still wasn't located. Then Darrel and Ahsoka went to Rex. Ahsoka places her left hand on the right side of his face, as Darrel placed his hand on Rex's face.

"I'm one with the Force and the Force is with me!" They chanted.

Soon enough, Rex started saying it. Then the chip was finally located.

"R7, get him under and remove that thing." Ahsoka said.

R7 was pondering if this will work.

"We don't know if it will work, but if it doesn't, we're dead anyway!" Ahsoka said.

Then the door started to open.

"Get ready on the door, G-G!" Darrel said.

Then Darrel and Ahsoka ignited their lightsabers. The door opened and the clones opened fire. They hold them back as long as possible but they start to get overwhelmed.

Then Ahsoka's left wrist is shot, causing her to drop her shoto lightsaber and defend with only one lightsaber in hand. Darrel then was shot in the shoulder, causing him to fall and drop his lightsaber. He used Force Tutamius to block the blaster bolts with his hands.

"Seal the door, G-G! Now!" Ahsoka said.

Behind them, Rex recovers and draws his pistols, opening fire on the clones as G-G re-seals the door. Ahsoka and Darrel look and Rex.

"Rex, are you okay?" Ahsoka asked.

"Yeah, kids. I'm fine!" Rex replied. "Sorry for what happened, I almost killed you both!" Rex said.

Darrel stood up, then they both approach Rex.

"Rex, how widespread is this!" Ahsoka asked.

"Ahsoka, Darrel. It's all of us. The entire Grand Army of the Republic has been ordered to hunt down and destroy the Jedi Knights!" Rex said.

Rex, Darrel and Ahsoka turn to the door as the clone troopers begin cutting through.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 22 9
Count Dooku takes three-year-old Ahsoka as his apprentice, raising her in the ways of the Sith. It changes everything. Without Ahsoka to ground him...
425K 8.1K 111
You are Obi-Wan Kenobi's padawan during the middle of the clone wars. After a battle that almost costs you your life, everything changes. Gender neut...
66.6K 1.8K 89
Taking on a Padawan Learner was at the very bottom of Anakin Skywalker's bucket list. No, scratch that - it had never been on there to begin with. Ye...
55.2K 860 27
A young jedi embarks on a great adventure throughout the galaxy what will this adventure entail? find out here