Falling For My Best Friend (K...

By arabella949

A Katsuki BakugoxOC book. Akari Sasaki has a rare quirk that allows her to manipulate elements. Join her on h... More

Main Character & Authors Note
Chapter One: Orgin
Chapter Two: What it takes to be a Hero
Chapter Three: Roaring Muscles
Chapter Four: What I Can Do for Now
Chapter Five: Rage, You Damn Nerd
Chapter Six: Deku vs Kacchan
Chapter Seven: Bakugo's Start Line
Chapter Eight: Yeah, Just Do Your Best, Iida!
Chapter Nine: Encounter with the Unknown
Chapter Ten: Game Over
Chapter Eleven: All Might
Chapter Twelve: In Each of Our Hearts
Chapter Thirteen: Answers Revealed
Chapter Fourteen: That's The Idea, Ochaco
Chapter Fifteen: Roaring Sports Festival
Chapter Sixteen: In Their Own Quirky Ways
Chapter Seventeen: Strategy, Strategy, Strategy
Chapter Eighteen: Calavary Battle Final
Chapter Nineteen: The Boy Born with Everything
Chapter twenty: Victory or Defeat
Chapter Twenty One: Battle On, Challengers!
Chapter Twenty Two: Bakugo vs Uraraka
Chapter Twenty Three: Shoto Todoroki; Origin
Chapter Twenty Four: Fight On Iida
Chapter Twenty Five: Todoroki vs Bakugo
Chapter Twenty Six: Time To Pick Some Names
Chapter Twenty Seven: Bizarre! Gran Torino Appears
Chapter Twenty Eight: Hero Killer
Chapter Twenty Nine: Climax
Chapter Thirty: The Aftermath of Hero Killer; Stain
Chapter Thirty One: Listen Up!! A Tale From The Past
Chapter Thirty Two: Gear Up For Final Exams
Chapter Thirty Three: Katsuki Bakugo; Origin part one
Chapter Thirty Four: Katsuki Bakugo; Origin part two
Chapter Thirty Five: Encounter
Chapter Thirty Six: Game Start
Chapter Thirty Seven: Two Hero's Part One
Chapter Thirty Eight: Two Hero's Part Two
Chapter Thirty Nine: Two Hero's Part Three
Chapter Forty: Two Hero's Part Four
Chapter Forty One: Wild, Wild Pussycats
Chapter Forty Two: Kota
Chapter Forty Three: A Night of Tragedy
Chapter Forty Four: The Aftermath
Chapter Forty Five: Attempted Rescue
Chapter Forty Six: Symbol of Peace
Chapter Forty Seven: One For All
Chapter Forty Eight: End of the Beginning, Beginning of the End
Chapter Forty Nine: I Love You (Lemon)
Chapter Fifty: Moving Into Dorms
Chapter Fifty One: Create Those Ultimate Moves
Chapter Fifty Two: The Test
Chapter Fifty Three: Save The World With Love
Chapter Fifty Five: A Talk About Your Quirk
Chapter Fifty Six: Deku vs Kacchan Part Two
Chapter Fifty Seven: A Season For Encounters
Chapter Fifty Eight: Unrivaled
Chapter Fifty Nine: The Scoop on U.A Class 1-A
Chapter Sixty: Princess (Lemon)
Chapter Sixty One: Overhaul
Chapter Sixty Two: Boy Meets...
Chapter Sixty Three: Fighting Fate
Chapter Sixty Four: An Unpleasant Talk
Chapter Sixty Five: GO!!

Chapter Fifty Four: Provisional Hero License Exam

473 15 0
By arabella949

A/N: I think this is this longest chapter I've ever written so if some parts seemed rushed it's because I wanted the exam all in one chapter even though it's like five episodes, enjoy :)

A loud buzzer and announcement started the exam. I made my way to the forest water terrain, slowing down into a light jog I stopped right next to the river. I'm sure everyone put there targets on spots that are there strongest meaning I'll have to precisely aim for them. Tremors could be felt from a distance making me look to where I left my classmates, large rocks were flying up and down making me wonder if they were taken out. A snap of a twig made my head snap towards the sound.

"All alone out here hey?" A student in an unknown blue uniform asked, I got into a fighting position as more students stood behind him.

"Well you're here aren't you as well as the rest of your classmates I presume?" I asked smirking.

"You should've stayed with your classmates, obviously theirs a disadvantage here Sasaki" A girl with black hair added while walking up to the boy.

"Yes there is a disadvantage" I say while feeling a slight breeze of the air, I look at the students in front of me smirking.

"But not for me" I say before I activate my Quirk.

The students in front of me fall back from the wind I forced out. Reacting quickly I moved my arms around creating a tornado. The tornado formed around me whipping the wind making it hard to hear. The students in front of me tried to crawl away but would only be sucked back towards the center of the tornado.

The balls they were trying to hold on to only got ripped from there hands and flew around in the tornado. I then clapped my hands together making the tornado stop but I ran forward as the students attempted to get up but failed. Raising my fist I manipulated the balls that were falling in the air to fly fast at the students.

Each ball hit the students harshly, hitting a bunch of their targets. Most laid on the ground in defeat as I stood tall smiling that I passed. Beeping from my own targets made me look down at the flashing light.

"Student's who have pass the exam should congregate in the anteroom, chop chop" An automated voice told me.

"Thanks, catch y'all later" I said while jogging off to find the anteroom.

Once I made it there, the door opened and I walked in looking at the few people in the room. I didn't see any of my classmates which made me anxious. I walked to the wall and leaned up against it waiting for my classmates.

As students began piling in, the doors slide open and a familiar mop of red and white hair walked in. I quickly jogged over to him tugging on his arm.

"Shoto you made it! I was getting worried I'd be alone" I say happily.

"This is everyone who has passed?" He asked looking around and I nodded.

"Yeah, you and I are the only ones who've made it so far" I explained as we walked over to the seats lining the walls.

Shoto's eyes lingered over to Inasa who was talking loudly to another student.

"If he applied through recommendations, I should've seen him at the entrance exam" Shoto said and I nodded.

"Wait how come you weren't at the entrance exams if you got in through recommendations" Shoto asked me.

"Oh well, I got in on a recommendation from principle Nezu and I didn't know this at the time but they wanted to keep a close eye on me so they admitted me without any exams, plus I've known the teachers for years, they watched me grow as well as control my Quirk" I explained to him while rubbing the back of my neck while laughing lightly "I was lucky honestly"

Time went on and it was announced that 60 people have passed meaning that there is 40 spots left. Nerves were starting to set in as still none of our class was here.

'Think positive, Class 1-A kicks ass' I think to myself.

As 70 students had passed my knee was bouncing up and down but turning my head forward I see Momo, Tsu, Shoji and Jiro. Instantly jump up excited.

"I knew we couldn't be the only ones" I say to Shoto who smiles standing next to me.

"Good, I'm glad to see you passed Todoroki, you as well Kari" Momo says gratefully.

"I didn't doubt either of you" Tsu adds on.

"Have you seen the others?" Jiro asked us.

"No, so far we're the only ones here" I say shaking my head.

"I arrived not long ago but Kari has been here awhile" Shoto explained.

"We can't count them out" Shoji says standing behind the girls.

"I thought Midoriya had everyone working together" Shoto stated and I nodded looking at them.

"That was the plan but someone from Ketsubutsu Academy split us up with his Quirk" Momo said making me feel bad I left them.

"Just 30 spots left" Jiro states aloud.

"I hope everyone in our class passes, I feel bad for leaving you all now" I say awkwardly.

"Weren't you with Bakugo, Kirishima and Kaminari though Kari?" Tsu asks me and I smile.

"I was but I left them since I figured other schools would gang up on U.A so I decided to go off on my own plus my Quirk works best with others not around" I explain and they all nod.

We chat for a bit until the anteroom until I hear the door slide open, looking over I see Izuku, Uraraka, Sero, Kaminari, Kirishima and finally Katsuki. I smile jogging over to him, he is scowling at the floor but when he looks up a small smile on his face forms.

"You made it!" I say happily to Katsuki.

"Tch, what'd you think I wouldn't or something" He says cockily which only makes me smile more.

"There's only 11 of us here" I mumble to him and he grunts but doesn't reply because he's staring at Izuku.

"Are you okay?" I asked him since he was scowling at Izuku.

"Fuckin' fine" He said while bringing his attention back to me.

"You sure about that tough guy?" I ask chuckling and he doesn't even laugh or smile.

"That dumbass borrowed power that he got is pissing me off" Katsuki says now looking at Izuku again.

Staying quiet I look over at Izuku, thinking about how far Izuku has come with All Might's power. I smile thinking about how much he's changed and when I look back at Katsuki he's staring at me. The look in his eyes is anger making me frown.

"What do you know about Deku's Quir-" Katsuki begins to question but is interrupted.

"One hundred spots filled! One hundred students will advance! The end is finally here!" The announcement came.

"We better go make sure our whole class passed" I say quietly while walking over to everyone else.

Katsuki is starting to catch on and I have a bad feeling about the consequences of Izuku and I keeping the secret of One For All from him.

~

All of Class 1-A had passed! I smiled at all my classmates who made it and turned my attention to the screen which showed the arena we just fought in.

"It's the test arena" I heard Izuku say.

"What happens next?" Uraraka asks.

All of a sudden loud explosions ring out and my mouth falls as I watch the screen. Buildings and mountains in the arena crumble down causing destruction.

"Wait, does that mean..." I say lowly to myself.

"There's only one more round to this exam, your goal is simple undertake rescue exercises and save the bystanders who are trapped under these disaster sites" I heard on the intercom.

I thought back to the many times Dad had taught us about rescue scenarios. Saving the bystanders is the first goal when arriving at a scene and then fighting the villain.

"Use this time to show us how you will carry out successful rescue procedures once you receive your provisional hero licenses. Treat this as though it was a real thing" The announcer said and then looking closer at the scene children and elderly started popping up.

"These specialists have been trained as professional persons in need of rescue, they're very popular introducing the 'Help Us Company' also known as HUC for short" He explained.

As the explained more, the HUC actors have dressed up like injured victims and will be located throughout the disaster site. Our job is to keep them safe as we go about our mission. Everything is based on a point system, all we have to do is have more points than the benchmark and we pass.

My thoughts wondered back to Kamino Ward and the disaster site there, it seems they based it off of that. Even though Katsuki and I were saved by our friends, the Pro Heroes were in charge of search and rescue but there were many causalities. My thoughts were interrupted by Kirishima's voice.

"Oh hey it's Shiketsu" Kirishima said while munching on a donuts, indeed they walked up to Katsuki, Kirishima and I.

"Bakugo" The very hairy guy said.

"What?" Katsuki growled out.

"I think you met Shishikura in the test, my classmate with the flesh molding power?" The guy stated and I looked at him oddly.

'Flesh molding, gross' I think to myself.

"Yeah, I took him out" Katsuki informs him.

"Yeah I thought so, I'm guessing he may have acted rudely or perhaps offended you. He has a tendency to try and push his own values onto others, he probably couldn't help it in your case since you're pretty famous" The hairy guy says "I apologize for him, I'd like to build a good relationship between our schools"

I crossed my arms confused, they sure seemed to be fighting against us pretty hard for someone who wants a good relationship with us. My eyes lingered back to the girl blonde hair who was eyeing me up and down with an odd smile, I furrowed my brows at the Shiketsu girl.

"Anyway, that's it" He said before they began to walk off, the girl giving me a weird smile before following. 

"That was odd" I say to Kirishima and Katsuki.

Kirishima nods while stuffing more food in his face and Katsuki just huffs while looking away from me.

"Hey are you really mad at-" I begin to say but a loud ring cuts me off.

"Villains have performed a large scale terrorist attack spanning all of Insert City Name Here since most buildings collapsed there are many injured" The announcer says and then the building begins to open like before.

"Due to heavily damaged roads, the first responders have been delayed for the time being. Until emergency services arrive the heroes in the area will lead the rescue efforts. Your tasks is to save as many people as you can and help with the injured and with that...Begin!" The announced.

We all took off running to go find and save people, I noticed Katsuki straying from the group again and I grumbled.

"You're going on your own again?" I asked while following him, Kirishima and Kaminari following as well.

"Why are you damn extras always following me?" Katsuki growled out to the boys.

"We just wanna!" They replied making me laugh lightly.

Making it to the mountain zone we head towards distant cries for help.

"Help! Someone!"

"My arm is hurt pretty bad"

"Mine too! Save us!"

"SHUT UP! SAVE YOURSELF YOU WHINNERS!" Katsuki yells at them making me gasp.

"Man you gotta work on your rescue style" Kaminari scolds him.

"They might be really hurt we can't just leave 'em here" Kirishima says.

"Wait we are supposed to be low priority victims" The lady tells the man.

"You think he figured it out and that's why he told us to go off on our own?" The man asks her.

"You're kidding me! They took it in a way that made it sound okay?" Kaminari asks.

"I'll get you two to the triage center right away" I say while sliding down the rocks to them.

"His tone was wildly inappropriate, minus points" The man says making Katsuki stop dead in his tracks.

"WHAT THE HELL DID YOU SAY!" Katsuki yells out

"I'm going to walk you two back to triage" I tell them while checking their wounds.

"You three can go on without me" I say, Katsuki just makes a 'Tch' while Kirishima and Kaminari give me a thumbs up.

After making it back to triage, I inform the couple to head to the non emergent section. I see Izuku helping a young boy and walk over to him. Before I make it to him a loud explosion rings out making the ground rumble. Whipping my head over to the explosion black smokes clouds the area.

"A villain has completed another large scale attack" The announcer states.

"This is part of the exam" I say aloud to the rest of the heroes in training around me.

"You think so?" Shindo asks

"That means" Another student says.

"Hey look!" Someone says making me look closer at the explosion nearby.

Gang Orca and a bunch of other henchmen stood in front of a hole in the wall.

"That's Gang Orca!" Izuku says shocked.

Gang Orca is ranked number ten but also ranked highly on the list of heroes who look like villains.

"Not the time to fanboy Izuku" I tell him while watching henchmen now run towards different areas.

"Get everyone to safety!" Shindo yells out while running towards the villains.

"Shindo wait!" Izuku yells out to him.

"Do it! Get them far away from the villains as possible!" He yells back and Izuku and I take quick action to start helping the injured up.

Helping a person up I see Shindo use his Quirk to vibrate the ground and stop a lot of henchmen but Gang Orca was quick and used hyper-sonic waves to paralyze Shindo.

"A single reeled guard to hold us back, you've underestimated me" Gang Orca says while getting ready to attack all the injured.

I step in front of the injured ready to blast a wall of dirt but ice shoots out at Gang Orca making me snap my eyes to the right.

"Shoto!" I say surprised.

"Midoriya! Akari! Are you evacuating, we'll help" Ojiro says while a few other classmates show up.

They help take some injured while I run over towards Shoto standing a little ways diagonal to him. I shoot chunks of dirt up towards Gang Orca while Shoto uses his ice to freeze the henchmen in place. Gang Orca easily breaks the attacks I send his way.

"Your power is nothing!" He yells at me.

"Damn fish" I mumble as I manipulate the cement behind me to fly at him.

"Guess we know why he's number ten" Shoto says and I grunt in response.

Wind brushes past us furiously and I look up confused.

"This wind" I say while it gets rougher.

"I'm gonna blow you evil doers away!" Inasa states while manipulating the wind so much it breaks all of Shoto's ice making the henchmen fly backwards.

Shoto and Inasa look at each other with glaring eyes.

"Um am I missing something here?" I ask looking between the two confused.

"Why don't you go help with the first aid station instead? Kari and I got this" Shoto says rudely and my eyes widen at his sudden outburst of emotion.

"We'll take care of him" Shoto says while lifting his left arm.

I look back to Gang Orca getting ready to shoot more pillars of dirt and concrete. I see Shoto shoot fire towards Gang Orca but wind makes the fire flail out everywhere but Gang Orca. I whip my head towards the two boys behind me with 'What the hell' eyes before shooting concrete at Gang Orca who easily doges.

"Why'd you use your flames? The heat makes air rise up" Inasa yells at Shoto.

"Because he didn't fall to my ice earlier, you ruined my shot on purpose, didn't you?" Shoto accuses angry.

"Not the time you idiots!" I yell at the boys while pulling up a slab of earth to block his attack.

"You'd block me so you'd get all the glory!" Inasa claims back at him completely ignoring me.

"What!? Why would I do something like that?" Shoto asks back with sass.

"Why wouldn't you? Hatred's in your blood, you are Endeavors son" Inasa states making me look back in confusion.

"What the hell has been up with you this whole time, my old mans got nothing to do-" Shoto begins to say but gets hit by grey sludge.

My head whips back to the villains in front of us and I shoot a burst of air towards the henchman who hit Shoto making him go flying back. The henchmen only respond by shooting more at us, I was quick to respond by bringing up a huge wall of earth to block the grey sludge which they stated was cement.

"You two better figure out your problems now or so help me god I'll castrate the both of you" I yell at the both of them before peeking behind the wall I made.

Looking behind the wall they were shooting cement sludge's, I took a deep breath before shooting bursts of air towards some of the henchmen taking them out. My earth wall finally breaks and Shoto and Inasa both use there Quirk making it not hit the villains at all. Fire and wind sprawled out around us making my eyes go wide at Shindo who was still nearby.

"ARE YOU TWO FUCKING KIDDING ME?!" I yell out while manipulating Shoto's fire up and away from Shindo while Izuku grabs Shindo.

"Damnit, what are you two doing?!" Izuku yells pissed off.

Gang Orca took no time in using his hyper-sonic waves towards me grazing me lightly but made me fall to the ground. I laid on my chest on the ground as I watched Gang Orca subdue both hotheaded boys, both on the ground paralyzed like me.

"I can barely move anything Shoto" I pant out as I watched Gang Orca head over to Inasa, Shoto laid about five feet away me.

"Try to manipulate the fire with me Kari" Shoto said while igniting his left side.

I squinted from the bright flames but tried my best to move my arms even just a little which made the fire head towards Gang Orca. Inasa used his wind to make the heat rise trapping Gang Orca in a fiery cyclone. I focused on moving the fire towards Gang Orca making it easier for Inasa to trap him. Once the henchmen noticed there boss was trapped they started shooting cement sludge at us again.

"Sho!" I shout but before I knew it ice shot up making my eyes widen that he just used both fire and ice at the same time.

Right when I thought he was done for, the fire cyclone explodes making fire and wind rush past us.

"So...WHAT NOW?" Gang Orca yelled out at us.

I tried to move chunks of dirt up at him but my energy was wearing down, Gang Orca saw me trying to attack and headed for me.

"NO GET AWAY FROM THEM!" Izuku shouts while kicking Gang Orca's arm.

"Izuku!" I cheered happily.

"How does he always do this?" Shoto asked.

A loud buzzer then goes off making me look around confused still paralyzed.

"Um yeah, so at this time all HUC members who were deployed have been rescued from the disaster zone. It may seem anticlimactic but with this the provisional licencing exam has officially been completed" The announcer says making me let out a loud breath.

"Thank god" I say while looking over at Gang Orca who wasn't attacking us anymore.

"It's over?" Izuku asks confused.

"After we tally the scores, we'll announce the results here in the arena. Anyone injured should go to the infirmary, the rest of you are free the change clothes and wait wherever you like" The informed.

"Izuku come help me" I mumble to him and he runs over to Shoto and I.

"Kari! Todoroki! Are you two okay?" He asks frantically.

"Let's just say if I wasn't paralyzed right now I'd be beating Shoto to a pulp" I huff out as Izuku picks me up bridal style.

"Kari I'm sorry I-" Shoto begins to say but I interrupt him.

"I don't want to hear anything else from your stupid mouth today" I tell him but continue on "Now please take me to the infirmary Izuku"

~

After waiting for the paralysis to wear off in the infirmary Izuku and I begin to walk to the announcement area in our U.A uniforms. Scanning the crowd I see Katsuki, Kirishima and Kaminari standing near each other. Dragging Izuku along I went up to the boys.

"Kari! There you are!" Kirishima said making Katsuki turn to look at me.

"Woah, you look beat, we heard what happened" Kaminari commented.

"I don't want to talk about how dumb those two idiots are so please lets just wait and see if I failed because of them" I say angrily while crossing my arms.

Katsuki just stared at me while glaring at Izuku who stood close by.

"Ok Um, thanks for your hard work in today's exam" The sleepy man from before said making our attention go towards the podium.

They explained they evaluated us by a two fold demerit system that they used to determine our total scores. Basing the scores on how many mistakes we made, they were going to show the names of the people who passed on the screen. Worry began to set in as anticipation was present, grabbing Katsuki's hand I held it tightly.

The screen popped up showing rows of names as I quickly looked down them for the S last names. My mouth dropped...

...To Be continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

235K 5.1K 30
{ SEASON ONE } (Y/N) (L/N) is not a huge ideal fan of heroism, nor is she too keen on being one. Villians do not excite her, neither does anything q...
568K 22.6K 123
โ› ๐™๐™š๐™ข๐™š๐™ข๐™—๐™š๐™ง ๐™ข๐™š.โœ (y/n) lost all of her memories and only Katsuki and other people who are close to you can only remember her. It is up to Ka...
65.2K 2K 39
โš ๏ธ SLOW REWRITINGโš ๏ธ Izuku Midoriya, a common blood nobody chased by two overly powerful naive young men who can't hold the grasp of their positions...
749K 22.1K 28
"Its just..." her eyes were brimming with tears. 'No please dont cry,' I silently begged, 'I can't stand to see you hurt.' "...I-I dont want to see a...