Fangs and Claws

By GabrielaR

18 year old Avril is a half vampire-half human girl that in an atempt to meet the only human family she have;... More

Chpt 1. Welcome to the family
Chpt 2. Meeting the Alpha
Chpt 3. kidnapped by my mate
Chpt 4. Intruder
I know I took to long
Chpt 5. La Italiana
Chpt 6. Fugitive Vampire
I apologize
Chpt 7. Daniel
Chpt 8. Cheater
Chpt 9. Father vs. Son
Chpt 10. You're a vampire
Chpt 11. Explanations
Chpt 13. Daddy
Chpt 14. Heart attack
Chpt 15. They're coming
Chpt 16. Marked
Chpt 17. Family dinner
Chpt 18. Party crashers
Chpt 19. Vampire attack
Chpt 20. The Bennett's
Chpt 21. Rejected?
Chpt 22. Amy
Chapt 23. Curse, love and tears
Chapt. 24 Plans before the battle
Chpt 25. Nervous
Chpt 26. Mating
Chpt 27. Under her spell
Chpt 28. True enemy
Chpt 29. Deadly encounter
Chpt 30. Recovery
Chpt 31. Goodbye

Chpt 12. Pack meeting

49.4K 1K 84
By GabrielaR

hi guys!! This has been the worst week ever ;(

I updated chapter 12 on Monday, then I went back to the home page to post a status and let you know it was ready. 

However, when I went to my works the chapter disappeared!!! I opened my book on the Net to see if it was there but it wasn't.  

It wasn't just that it didn't publish also the draft vanished, so I had to start all over again... And I really didn't feel like doing it, I was so frustrated!!! But I couldn't let you guys waiting for it for a long time anymore, it wouldn't be fair.

Chris's POV

"Chris, should I make reservations?" Rachel asked

We were stepping out of the airport, it was midday already. We were in Fairfield; I was just a half an hour away from my daughter.

"No" I replied "We're going to my father in law's house"

"We're going to walk straight into the wolf's mouth" she asked wide eyed

"We're not doing anything wrong" I reminded her "They had no reason to attack us"

She looked away. I couldn't blame her, I didn't like the idea either but my daughter was with them.

"You can go to the hotel if you want" I offered

She shook her head fervently. That's why I liked her, Rachel was the best assistant I could ever get; she was always by my side. 

I had a car waiting for us; the driver was one of the humans who worked for me.

"Sr." he nodded as he opened my door

We drove out of the airport and headed to the hotel.

"Javier" I called "To Marcus house"

"Marcus?" he asked stopping the car

"Yes" I nodded

"But... I heard there's a pack meeting at Marcus" he stammered

"Where did you hear it?" I asked

"Well, I saw Dr. Reed heading there, and he doesn't like Marcus" the human started the car again "So, I don't think he just wanted to pay a visit"

"We're heading there anyways" I announced

Javier nodded and drove us to the opposite direction. 

I was anxious; I had never met my father in law. Melanie never allowed me to do so, she said her father wouldn't take it well if he knew she was mated with me; a vampire.

I sighed and focused in Avril. Thinking about my dead love always made me depressed.

Just a couple of minutes more and I would find her.

Daniel's POV

"Get out of here" the wolf said

I looked up from the ground. I spend the whole night stuck in a freaking basement.
I could have just walk through the door but there were at least five wolfs waiting for me outside.  

I just hoped Avril was okay, I knew they didn't know anything about her and that might keep her alive for now.  
God, I hoped she forgives me for lying to her; I didn't have a mate, but she wouldn't have come with me otherwise. And I wasn't immune to her pheromone either, I was just aware of what it really was; not like the rest of the others vampire whom believed she was their mate.  

But I had to admit that she smelled good, it was as if she was wearing this luminous sign reading 'I'm here'. I took all my control to keep it low when we were inside my car, and when we were in the hotel.... I just wanted to take her in that instant, to be able to touch her, to hear her moaning my name. I could picture it so vividly that I felt myself growing at a high speed.

"Didn't you hear?" he called me again "You can leave"

"Leave?" I raised an eyebrow "Since when you dogs know about pity?"

The guy growled at me and opened the door wider.

"Just leave before I regret it" he pointed at the door "You should consider yourself lucky. Our Alpha has never show mercy to a bloodsucker before; I guess his mate is doing a good job by keeping him in a good mood"

"Wow" I pretended to be touched "He should have got one a long time ago"

The guy laughed and shook his head.

"I hope you don't get disappointed to share my dear cousin with my Alpha" he smirked devilish

"Your cousin?" I took a step forward

"Yeah, it seems that Avril have thing for non-humans" he tilted his head to the side "First with you and then with Caleb"

I hissed at him and he stepped back. Stupid wolf, I felt like ripping him into pieces.

"Oh, she didn't tell you" he smiled again "That she was mated to a wolf. You must feel really disappointed"

"You're lying" I hissed again

"Whatever" he rolled his eyes and walked away

I stared at the door cautiously. It was weird, they had me as a prisoner but nobody ever came to torture me, and now they were just letting me go? 

I climbed up the stairs to find the cabin deserted, it seemed that the wolf left in a hurry. 
I stepped out of the house and took a deep breath; I could track his smell so easily. However, I decide to go to the opposite direction, if I was going to get Avril back I was going to need help.

I ran through the forest as fast as I could, I needed to find a phone as soon as possible. 
The trees passed beside me in a blur, my feet seemed to never touch the ground. I heard the sound of a car driving near; I bet that one of those humans had a phone with them. 

I ran faster toward the street and jumped in front of the car, the human hit the brakes and the car tilted to the sides with a horrible sound. I didn't care if they saw me; I could just knock them down and they would think they had an accident.

"What the hell?" the driver climbed down with a bat in his hands.

I stared at him; it was just a boy. I took a step toward him slowly; it was going to be easy to take care of him.

"Daniel!" a voice stopped me on my tracks

I stared at the open door on the back of the car. He stepped out with grace, as a king. His gaze locked mine. He gave me a smile.

"Mr. Williams" I breathed in relieve

Avril's POV

"Don't worry" Caleb caressed my cheek

I nodded and took a deep breath, again. He was driving us to my grandpa's house to a pack meeting. Caleb was about to reveal them who I was. I didn't mind, with all the bunch of vampires and my father after me this wasn't a big deal. 

I wasn't worried about what their opinions of me; a bloodsucker, leech or any other name they knew. I was worried about what they might do, Caleb said that he wouldn't let anybody hurt me, that he was the Alpha and they had obey him no matter what.

"Avril I'm serious" he sighed loudly "Everything is going to be okay. Just your family is going to be there, besides them just Dr. Reed"

"I know" I replied

Caleb stared at me for a second but then he looked to the road again. 

I hummed a song to keep myself distracted, to avoid my nervousness.

"What are you singing?" he asked

"Misguided ghosts" I replied "Paramore"

Caleb made a face. I sat straight up to give him a look, Paramore was my favorite band.

"What?" I asked

"Paramore? Like... Rock?" he raised an eyebrow

"Uhm.. Duh" I made a face "Besides checking me out when you look at me, have you ever notice the way I Am?"

"Hey, I never just… check you out" he smiled "I notice everything"

"Like what?" I pressed

"Like... The way you bite your lips every time you look at me, or how exaggerated is your blush" he smirked making me blush again "And how when you look up your eyes seemed to change color, and how much you love your father..."

"Okay" I interrupted "You do pay attention"

"That's it?" he stopped the car "I just did something good, aren't you supposed to give me a reward for that?"

"Sorry, I didn't bring any prizes for the puppy" I messed his hair playfully

"I know how you can pay me" he said as he stepped out of the car

"What are you doing?" I yelled "We're parked in the middle of the road!"

My door flung open and his arms pulled me outside. Caleb closed the door and pressed me against it, he let his body rest over mine and his hands clasped my hips.

"I want my prize" he kissed my jaw

"Bad boy, sit" I pouted

Caleb laughed and shook his head. One of his hands found his way up to my waist; he gave little pecks in the corner of my mouth. A heat ran through my body and I found myself arching against him.

I grabbed a fistful of his hair and pulled his mouth against mine. Caleb hold tightened around me, his hand left a warm sensation on my skin. Our lips moved in sync, but wild in way, as if we were hungry for each other. I felt him biting my bottom lip and I opened my mouth in response. 

I felt as if my body was turned into flames, every part of my body ached for his touch. He seemed to realize this because he grabbed me by my butt and lifted me in the air; I circled his torso with my legs and pulled his hair making him groan.  

Caleb's hand slid from my waist to my breast, I gasped against his mouth and he used the moment to lick my open lips. A moan escaped from my mouth when he gently squeezed my breast, massaging it rhythmically.

I forgot about everything; the meeting, the vampires, the wolves... Also that we were extremely making out in the middle of the road! I was just aware of him, of his smell, his touch, his huge bulge pressed against me.... 

Suddenly he stopped. His body tensed and his hands froze.

"Caleb" I protested breathlessly

He put me down and opened the door of the car for me

"What are...."

"Vampires are coming" he interrupted me "They're following us"

I tensed. All the heat, all the excitement I had disappeared. I looked down the road, for a human there might be nothing there, but I saw it; a car was coming at a high speed, it was so far that I barely could tell the color.

I climbed up as fast as I could. Caleb put the car in motion and accelerated violently.  
I checked trough the review mirror, the car was closer even when we were in motion as well. 

But, why were they driving? Wouldn't be easier and faster by foot?

I looked at Caleb. He was the image of worry; he kept glancing at the review mirror every second.

"How did you know?" I asked "I couldn't even smell them from where we were"

"I didn't smell them" he said in a harsh tone "One of the pack saw them heading this direction and he informed me"

"When?" I panicked when I saw the car coming closer

"When we were making out" he glanced a the review mirror again "Trough our mind link"

"You have a mind link?" I gasped

He just nodded and increased the speed. In a few seconds we were at Marcus, Caleb ran to my door and pulled me with him inside the house.

"Stay here" he ordered

I stood still as I watched him walk out. Besides me, grandpa was the only one there. He came closer and gave me a one arm hug.

"Don't worry" he whispered "They will be okay"

Okay? I ran to the window to see Caleb, Cameron, Layla, Caleb's parents and another couple outside. They were standing in a fighting position, away from each other to have enough room to shift into wolves.

The black car stopped in front of the house. I held my breath; I just hoped that Caleb wouldn't get hurt. 
The passenger door opened and he stepped out. He was wearing the same clothes as last night.

"Daniel?" I whispered

I felt relieved just for a second, until Daniel gave Caleb a killer look. How dare he to look at my mate like that? 

Caleb didn't seem to notice him; he was focused on the back door of the car; where a tall, muscular man stepped out. He was wearing a suit, he always wear suit when he's doing something important. His blond hair was perfectly arranged, and he emanated an aura full of power and wisdom.

"Dad?" I gasped 

Well, yeah. Sorry about that cliffhanger, but this was where I wanted to stop. 

So, I might be updating this weekend because, you know, I didn't last week. And you have to PLEASE understand that it wasn't my fault.

Also, I'll try to update weekly if I can. 

I love you guys!! I hope you understand!!

Vote/comment/fan

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 56 42
~A child prophesied to change the world is cursed and misplaced, amidst centuries of a secret battle between good and evil among humans and creatures...
127K 6.3K 27
After the bloody death of her parents when she was eleven, Kara Dosnia has lived in more than four different Villages. All of which have been decimat...
3.5M 128K 33
I sighed, walking towards him. "Look, big man. I know who you are and I'm really sorry for what I'm about to do." I said before leaning in and kissin...
8K 842 67
A violent passion. A dangerous bond. A nightmare that will change everything. To Ava, love is about as real as fairytales. But it might be that fairy...