In the shadows. (H.S) [A...

By Aneesa2580

"There's something in the shadows. It finds you in a cold room. Silhouette against the wall." Elizabeth Rose... More

In the shadows.
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 28

14 4 8
By Aneesa2580

"If there are boundaries,
I'll try to knock them down.
I'm latching on babe.
Now that I know what I have found."

***

1 MONTH LATER

It's been a month since Zayn broke up with me and now that I look back at it, I guess it was reasonable. I finally passed the stage of depression and then came the final one, acceptance.

I mean, thinking about it, if Christina came up to me and told me everything Harry told Zayn, I would obviously believe Chris in a blink of an eye. I didn't get the chance to explain my side to him but then he also showed that he didn't give a flying fuck about what I had to say. He  immediately went back to the same old 'punk' thing and hooked up with a different girl every night. God knows how he resisted doing that when he was with me.

But oh well- no harsh feelings towards him. Even if I had convinced him to stay somehow, it would've be a mess, Harry would literally try to ruin every single outing or moment with him. So whatever happened, happened for the best.

Sometimes it's just better to let go.

I had to tell the group about the break up mess eventually. Liam had already seemed to figure it out by my state and lack of hanging out with them for a week or so. Louis on the other hand, was furious. Christina and him were ready to confront Zayn but I had to stop them. I didn't even tell them the real reason. I just made up some bullshit that it wasn't working out for the both of us, hoping that they would believe me. 

Liam seemed to understand and calmed the two, telling them they were over reacting when Christina called out bullshit at my words. Niall on the other hand stayed silent. He was obviously taken aback by the whole ordeal but he didn't say a word. Something in his eyes told me that he didn't believe me one bit and that he knew something but he didn't try to pry for details or anything. I just took that as a good sign and decided not to bring it up to him.

I think I figured out the fucked up game Harry is trying to play with me. It feels like I'm in a long distance relationship, but the difference is that the guy has cameras around me at all times. I can't talk to other guys and certainly can't date any. Possessive much?

It is fucked up to even think about. Oh how I had to stop him from killing Louis a few days back. I literally had to go out into the woods, I kept walking deeper and deeper so that he would follow me. Which he did. Then I had to explain to him that I certainly wasn't dating Louis. He was a childhood friend and like a brother to me. Not to mention Louis and Christina had finally started dating a few days prior. Finally! About time. I told Harry to back off. He didn't say a word after that and disappeared into the woods again.

We have been in London for a few days now and tonight is the most important night for Liam. Unfortunately Louis had to back to Seattle urgently because of some loss in his business. Christina is going to leave for Seattle for a short vacation right after attending the event tonight. Whereas Niall and Liam are going to be staying in London for a few days and then Liam is also leaving for Seattle. 

It's all a mess.

I'm planning on heading back to Yorkshire tonight. It's fucked up I know but I just don't feel like getting drunk and then sticking with the boys to explore London for a week or so. It's a very long drive but I'm still willing to drive myself that far rather than staying here. 

Niall and Liam tried their best to convince me to stay here or to leave in the morning, but something in me just wants to get back as soon as I can. I have this feeling that if I don't get back tonight, something bad is going to happen..

The night so far is going great. I feel incredibly proud of Liam and how far he has come. Seeing him smile because of his achievements makes me so happy. Currently we are standing in a small circle, the three of them holding a glass of champagne in their hands except me.

"Hey, want me to grab you one?" Liam asks as he gets done with talking to one of the buyers.

"Oh nope, thanks though," I smile.

"You feeling okay?" he asks with a slightly worried expression.

"Yes, I'm fine. Was just planning on dropping Chris off at the airport and then off to home."

"Oh.. I totally forgot that you were leaving tonight." Niall says.

"Why don't you stay? I can call an Uber. You should probably stay with the boys here in London," Christina suggests.

"I was thinking that Lou is gone and you're leaving. Li will be leaving soon and Niall will obviously be spending a few nights at my house afterwards.. so might as well get some alone time. Plus, no offense but I don't wanna spend a week with a dad and a toddler," I laugh a bit as Niall rolls his eyes.

"Well at least leave in the morning then. It's a long drive," she says.

"Uh- but I do have to cover for April's shift for tomorrow. She has covered for me countless times.. So it's better if I leave tonight," I try to reason.

"Ah, don't stress Chris. We have been over this conversation with her so many times today. It's of no use," Liam tells her and Niall nods at his words while taking a sip.

"Well, it's time for me to leave or I may end up missing my flight," Christina says as she hugs Liam goodbye and then the others.

"Well me too then I guess," I shrug and hug Niall as he is standing right beside me.

Liam hands his drink to Niall as he steps forward to pull me into a bear hug. I hug him back as I whisper in his ear, "I can't put into words how proud I am of you. I'm so happy for you Li."

"Thank you, Rose! I love you! Take care of yourself," he exclaims happily as he pulls away and hold my hands in his.

"I love you too. Do come to Yorkshire again when possible."

"I will try my best. But please do think about coming to Seattle.. Just once. Think about it.. for me? Please..?" he tries to give me puppy dog eyes.

"Hey you do know that they don't have an effect on me right? But alright, I'll think about it."

After saying our goodbyes, I drop off Chris at the airport and start making my way back home. 

-

After hours of constant driving, I finally reach my destination and it's almost 2 AM.

I pull up into the driveway of my house and get out of the car, not bothering to take out the small suitcase I took with me. I'm too tired to deal with it right now.

I unlock the main door and make my way to the lounge. It's totally dark and I can't see a thing. I blindly reach for the light switch and turn them on.

I see a figure sitting on a chair in front of me and I scream.

Shouldn't have turned them on.

"Hi baby!" I hear Harry's voice as I'm crouched down slightly with my hand on my chest.

"The fuck are you doing here?" I ask him, ignoring his greeting.

"Come on, didn't get to see you for days and that's the first thing you say to me, love?" he says acting hurt.

"Ahan. I was shocked that you didn't show up there but you made up for it by almost giving me a heart attack, asshole." I say with a deadpan expression.

I don't even know why I'm talking to him like I talk to Louis.. he's my fucking stalker.

"Naah. Not a big fan of travelling. And don't call me shit like that, you are lucky that I'm in a good mood tonight," his expressions turn dark slightly but then a smirk emerges on his face.

"And may I ask why's that?"

"Well tonight, I'm here to take what's mine," he says in a calm tone with the smirk plastered on his face.

"I don't get it.." I say feeling a bit confused.

"Oh baby, you will soon," his tone makes a shiver run down my spin and I start stepping back from him slightly.

"Harry, what are you here for?" I ask calmly, trying not to poke him.

Fuck, why did I have to come back alone!?

"Baby, I already told you. Tonight, I'm here to take what's mine."

-_-_-_-_-

A/N:

Oh well, there's that.

I hope you like it since I wrote this chapter while screaming at the whole thing for no particular reason..

Do vote and comment!

Let me know what you think about the chapter.
What do you think Harry means by those words?

Love you! Stay safe!

-A.S.

-_-_-_-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

739 75 29
"Are you sure you want this?" He asks, running his fingers through my hair. "I wouldn't be here if I didn't." I remove his hands from my hair, bring...
2.2M 52.3K 56
"How long have you been in here?! How much have you heard?!" He yelled as his eyes turned black. "I-I didn't hear anything I swear! I just came to g...
229K 6.4K 50
✔️ COMPLETE ✔️ Meg's someone who finds her past dark as the pits of hell. Something she's not proud of. Something she regrets. Who knew one thing you...
236 30 25
It started with one unsolved murder. Then two. Three, four... Now their group is bigger than the American mafia. Perceiving a dark family secret in...